What's the best underwear for a good run?

cintron

Just Browsing
Media
Hi everyone, for all of you runners or for anyone that want to contribute to my question, what kind of underwear do u use when you go for a run? I'm getting tired of my low rise briefs, there comes a point when they start to hurt. any suggestions? Thanks :D

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The material is more important. You want moisture wicking underwear or running pants with a liner.

I typically use the running pants and go with no underwear but lately I wear Moisture wicking briefs or boxer briefs.

SparkyNYC

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Most high quality running shorts have built in briefs that keep ur balls supported, dry, and un chafed

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi everyone, for all of you runners or for anyone that want to contribute to my question, what kind of underwear do u use when you go for a run? I'm getting tired of my low rise briefs, there comes a point when they start to hurt. any suggestions? Thanks :D
When trying to run is when my biggest problems crop up.

A jock strap gives me the best support I've found, but I have large balls and don't much care for the crushing compression of my current pairs. Anything looser, though, and they bounce around and hurt. Still looking for something that supports, rather than crushes.

What, on you, ends up hurting?

josty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some running shorts have a liner. Besides that I'd recommend a jock in a moisture wicking fabric (ie - not cotton).

nano750

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Don't know how far you're running but for me, anything 6 miles or less and go with compression shorts... Anything more then that, I switch over to a jock strap. Just make sure you use some body glide or something on the inside of your thighs or you will probably chafe (sp?) pretty good...

cintron

Just Browsing
Media
i do 4 miles 3 times a week but the thing is that if wear something light my balls starts jumping everywhere and it hurts, and if i get a semi or something is a bit embarrassing.

kenny233

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Most of my running shorts have a liner that holds everything still and keeps it comfortable. I would recommend a good running shorts with a liner.

If I am exercising, or not wearing my running shorts, I like my Underarmor underwear.

ryan25yo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I wear onion skins from International Male for my runs. They have support builit in and work just fine.

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
Many of the major sporting good manufacturers, and especially ones who specialize in running like Brooks and New Balance make specialty underwear for running. I used to love Brooks Runderwear, which has been replaced by these, apparently: Amazon.com: Brooks Men's Equilibrium Brief: Clothing but there's no shortage of other choices. If you look at this listing on Amazon, a number of competing selections are shown.

D_Ed_BagladyJr

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Depending on the weather, Might be commando under running tights or under some sort of bike/ compression short. With the occasional C ring thrown in, just for added effect!

Freeballeruk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I sell run wear and i'd say the options are tights/'lycra' running shorts and go commando, underarmour style underwear but make sure as other guys say that it is designed to wick away the moisture,and this is usually whats built into run shorts-but don't wear regular briefs under them, as i have known some guys do, it's like wearing 1000mile socks with bed socks under them.