What's the best way to get a credit card

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Try to get a store card (ie. Walmart, Sears, etc.) They are easier to get than credit cards, and will give you a good credit rating if you use them well. If that doesn't work, then you can always get a secured credit card. Capital One has one. You can pay about $75 to get a $300 limit. I know that $300 isn't much, but if you use your card well then your limit will be increased -- probably up to about $800 the first time. You also earn interest on your $75 deposit.

If your credit is good enough, I'd suggest also getting a line of credit that you can use to borrow, pay off your credit cards, etc. It has a much lower interest rate.

Considering the epidemic of debt in America, I hate offering advice on obtaining a credit card. Nonetheless, having one makes your life much easier. My granny often told me, "If you can't pay for it with cash then you can't afford it." She died a wealthy woman.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...She died a wealthy woman.

I understand the logic behind the end point, but dying wealthy seems rather a misjudgment of time v resources, especially with inheritance tax. Unless of course your motivation is to pass it on to others or a good cause.

I'd aim to die with owing precisely what my life insurance would pay off. :smile:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I fell for it with his opening post; I figured it out with his second and third posts.

You folks still giving him sage advice are gullible.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I understand the logic behind the end point, but dying wealthy seems rather a misjudgment of time v resources, especially with inheritance tax. Unless of course your motivation is to pass it on to others or a good cause.

I'd aim to die with owing precisely what my life insurance would pay off. :smile:

I agree. We kept telling her to enjoy her money, but she was too set in her ways -- she was a saver. She left almost everything to my twin sis and me.

re. inheritance tax: I live in Canada. We have a Capital Gains tax. If you make money on investments or are given a significant amount of money then you have to declare it.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I want a credit card. I guess I'd like one that gives me free money every time I buy gas or something, if such a card exists. Or something along those lines. Should I apply for one via the internet somehow, go to a bank?

It's really a crime that there's an error that makes it difficult to dig up this guy's threads. Every one is a real gem.

Is this why he was banned? What 18+ year old doesn't know how to get a credit card?

photodudeuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why would you want to give money away to crooks, sorry, banks, in interest charges? Cash is King. In any case, banks are in BIG trouble, having ignored repeated lessons over the years that it is not profitable to give money away to people who cannot/will not repay.

motoramic

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If your credit isn't that good or you don't have much credit history, you can always apply for secured credit card. With the secured credit card, you need to open a saving or a CD account and the financial insitution would hold the funds. Whatever you decide your credit limit is, it is what you would need to put down as a secured deposit (usually mininum of $300.00 or so). It would help you build your credit history if you can make your payment on time, use it, don't go over credit limit etc. After a year or so, usually the financial institution review your credit or you can request them to review it if it is not done automatically by them. If they feel you are credit worthiness, they would upgrade your secured credit card and the secured deposit from the assigned account would have the hold release. By that time, you have the option to either to close the savings account or keep it. Some financial insitutions offer partial-secured credit card which mean you don't have to put the whole $300.00 if you want that to be your credit limiit. The way you can get it is usually by a counter-offer when you applied for an unsecured credit card and your application becomes denied by the bank. I can go on and on but even though I wrote more than I like, this is very general information that I am sharing with you. Some personal bankers suggested to apply the highest credit card available, and the bank would try to qualify you whatever they feel you qualify for and sometimes it means partial-secured credit card. I would stop in at a bank and talk to a personal banker. :cool: