Whats the best way to shave or cut pubes

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by TomSchmo, Sep 23, 2007.

1. TomSchmo

TomSchmo Member

ive never shaved or cut my pubic hair
    and im a pretty hairy guy so its kinda all over the place
    i dont know if i wanna shave it completely
    just get the long hair out of the way, especially on the shaft and balls
    but the only way i know is to just use scissors
    but i kinda got a phobia about puttin anything sharp near my balls and stuff

2. burns1de

Gold Member

Just get a clipper and remove as much pubes as possible with it. Then, get a safety razor, some good shaving cream and use plenty of warm water to open the pores of your balls/shaft (makes shaving easier and you have less chance to bleed). Of course, do this while in the shower.

I was scared to put a blade to my balls at first too, but it's really not dangerous. I've been shaving my balls for almost a decade now, and I'll never go back.

3. TomSchmo

TomSchmo Member

well ive actually never used a razor and shaving cream cuz ive only used an electric shaver on my face (cuz i got a beard and rarely ever shave), and plus im a naturally clumsy kind of guy so im a bit nervous about that

4. new_n_curious

new_n_curious New Member

Albums:
    Guide to Shaving

Personally I recomend shaving daily to avoid the itch!! I've been shaven for 10yrs and I'd never go back. I just use soap and a twin blade razor.

You can tuck you tackle between your legs to avoid scissor snips.. !! lol

5. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    A beard trimmer works well for keeping things under control. For anything shaved smooth (shaft and balls) I use a blade razor in the shower. Although I can never use anything more than a dual blade on my face, I find that a triple works best for my nether regions. It takes some guts and bit of practice, but I'm with the others -- I'd never go back.

6. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    ...covered this be4 on similar threads, but, here goes again....

yes, get a clipper (or scissors) and remove as much hair as possible (why do they call it pubes... remove pubes?? isn't that the part of your genitalia?) but watch those clippers near the skin of yer balls (because them nasty little teeth can do some right serious damage thar eh matey?? arr arr).

After getting it trimmed down some, shave it with a razor (for your first time you'll probably need to use cream or soap, though some mentholated shaving cream can make for a pretty coolish sensation down there around the testicles).

The trick is, after you get it all clean and smooth, you have to keep it that way by immediately shaving it the first time you feel just a bit of stubble. This time you shouldn't even need soap or a cream. Dry shave it with a disposable razor (I go against the grain).

Like the skin of you face, your skin there will get used to the repeated shaves. YOu won't be tender down there, they're be no razor burn or pimples, and you'll avoid the problem of ingrown hair. You'll find you'll be able to tidy it up in a minute or so, every other day.

7. PECTACULAR

PECTACULAR New Member

Albums:
    Recently found out that using a woman's razor blade, I used the Quatro for women, was better than any men's blade. Few weeks ago, I got a sample of the Quatro in the mail and thought what the hell....I don't care if the handle is pink, the razor is free. try it.

And, there is some kind of extra "jel strip" on the women's model that makes the razor move smoother than the men's. Plus the head is made for arms and legs and women's curves. Definitley comes in handy around a man's sack and where the ball sack and the legs meet. Worked so well, I bought a pack.

Try it in the shower with just a THIN layer of soap.

Interested what others find about the ease.

8. Honkworm

Honkworm New Member

If you're uncertain about your own clipping talents then get a friend to help you. (I'll volunteer!) I've heard of guys trimming each other and seems to be no big deal. Any of you guys trim each other?

9. B_kracker

B_kracker New Member

just a preference i like women trimmed not shaved an for guys shave your cock an balls if you must but leave the pubes alone...I just shave my sack

10. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

I never shave them now I think I did once when I was younger but very pained when they came back sharp and scratching.

11. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    In shower, get a full erection. Soap up the penis and then pull the shaft skin up really tight to bring as much scrotum skin over shaft as possible. It makes shaving the scrotum much easier since it is now against a hard shaft. You will still need to shave the lower portion fo scrotum directly but most of it actually fits onto the shaft.

12. i_wont_tell

i_wont_tell New Member

Albums:
    Trim as much as possible as first. Then, take a hot shower or bath to open up the pores, and clean the are. Then you want a fair bit of shave cream and shave slowly. After your done clean up and moisturies to avoid the red bumps.

13. vxie

vxie Member

I dont like the completely shaved look - but i use clippers normally #2 or #3

shaved balls are okay, but shaved pubes - eww reminds me of a 10yr old :yuck: There's only been a couple of people that i've seen who it actually works well on.

14. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I like my fuzzy balss and as of yet, have received NO compaints

15. huw ginnit

huw ginnit New Member

Albums:
    Go slowly and take care,

Try a practice run with the guard on the razor to see how your going to need to manipulate you dick around...the two "hollows" in the balls sac under the dick can be tetchy but just need spreading with fingers to offer up the hair to the razor.

For a first time, I'd recommend you use shave oil rather than foam so at least you can see clearly where you going, and aim for an even look....a wonky cock 'tache looks ridiculous.

If your ruggy from the chin down I'd suggest just trimming the base, and other than that, just clipper the hair so it's short. Bald patches are gonna look daft.

Experiment...it's fun and your partner will find the change a buzz I am sure-

It's only hair...it grows back just as before if you hate it, but you might just open up a whole new world!
    Be brave

16. dikkiedik

dikkiedik Member

Albums:
    TomSchmo: first of all realize that shaving or cutting your pubic hair is a very personal choice. Never do it because other tell you to do. You’re a new member here, so you don’t know that this subject is one of the most written subjects. You can find here all pro’s and contra’s. Make up your own mind. Hair will grow back but it takes some time and during that time you may feel uncomfortable.

I’m three times older than you are, but on this subject I feel free to give you some advice. I’m a hairy guy too: hair on my chest, belly and legs. So shaving my pubic hair was no option. You have to shave all or nothing. Years ago (maybe more than 15 years) I started to trim my pubic hair short. I never liked the full bush around my penis. And I shaved the hair on the shaft. I hated that hair pulled out when using a condom. After I had done that a few years I started to shave my scrotum too. The feeling of a soft silky sac is awesome. I shave once or twice a week. You have to get used to it but if you take some time while showering it’s done in a few minutes. Use a lot of warm water and some shaving gel. If you have a sac that shrinks easily I advice you not to use shaving gel with menthol in it. It makes you sac shrink which is less easy to shave. Start with shaving your shaft by pulling at your penis. Soft or hard doesn’t make it easier. Just find out what you like. Pull your sac out and just slide over it with your blades. Don’t use pressure, just slide while warm water runs down.

I use safety razor blades and they work best for me. I have also used an electric razor but that didn’t feel good. It pulled too much at the hairs. If available I also use women’s razor blades. They are very good, but as a 19 year old you probably don’t want anyone to find a pink razorblade holder in your bathroom stuff.

If you have chosen to shave frequently I give you the advice to put a little baby oil on the skin you want to shave. It makes your skin more slippery.

P​

17. D_Steve_Blough_Jobs

D_Steve_Blough_Jobs Account Disabled

I use a clipper to trim the pubic area and razor to shave the shaft and balls. I would never go completely bare nor do I like my women to do it either. Just a personal preference. I do find myself feeling much cleaner and fresher after I trim and shave. My gf loves it too.
    CJ

Draft saved Draft deleted