What's the deal with boxer-briefs

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by injoyinit, May 23, 2011.

1. injoyinit

injoyinit Member

They seem to be extremely popular right now. I see more men wearing them than any other type of underclothing. I've seen guys that were staunch brief guys or hard-line boxer guys that wouldn't wear anything else start wearing these. I thought I'd give them a try since it seems like I must be missing out on something that other guys must know about. I bought a pair of CK and a pair of 2xist to try them out, but I was very disappointed in the comfort level they provided. Granted, they did look good on me, but they seem to combine the disadvantages of both forms of underwear. This puzzles me, because I've seen guys that simply don't give a flip about how they look in their underwear (or how they look period) wearing these things, so I would think comfort level was their primary reason for switching to them.

Briefs are typically tight and constricting. I swore off the tighty whities for that reason when I was back in middle school and switched to the more European style briefs like Jockey elance. I have a few sport briefs now that have nice pouches on them that are much more comfortable because they provide room for the boys, and plenty of leg freedom. That's why I chose boxer-briefs with a pouch, but they seem tighter than the sport briefs, sort of like wearing those old tighty whities my used to put me in. The worse part was all the bulk of the fabric though. They are huge, thick, and the fabric just doesn't seem to breathe. Now, I guess I'm not used to them because typically when I'm not wearing sport briefs, which is only about 25% of the time like if I'm at the gym or engaged in physical activity, I'm going commando. I didn't see the reason for boxers, and they felt bulky, so I ditched them for even more comfort.

So, the ultimate question is why do guys wear something that has the disadvantages of both...the tightness of briefs, and the bulk of boxers?

2. phndoc

phndoc Member

I like boxer-briefs. I never have any trouble with them. I can walk around the house or the backyard.

3. InsaneJester

InsaneJester New Member

Albums:
    Boxer briefs combine the best of each. Sometimes I alternate between boxer briefs and boxers though.

It combines the snugness of briefs but since its boxers it doesnt get uncomfortable and move around. (aka wedgies)

some boxer briefs are better than others, and size is not standard from brand to brand, so you have to experiment and find the best fit for u

4. Capt_obivous

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    the way i see it, they have more room than briefs and more support than boxers

5. bookersnooker

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Exactly. If I get a hardon in briefs I need to manually readjust because there is an edge to where my cock is so it cannot move across my hip on its own.

In boxers everything just hangs loose and i end up having the middle bits ride up and cause my balls to drop out

With boxer briefs, I get the security of briefs with the flexibility of boxers - there is enough fabric down my legs that my hardon can move itself across my hip without manual adjustment.

6. D_fygylu

D_fygylu New Member

I love boxer-briefs, thats all I wear. I've only wore Hanes brand of them and find them very comfortable.

7. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have some boxerbriefs and wear them every now and them. I've worn just boxerbriefs and a t-shirt on the weekend to hang out and do housework. They feel better when you wear them by themselves versus under pants or shorts. Regular boxers are the most comfortable underwear for me, and I wear them daily.

8. MrHangman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I walk around a lot in my underwear. Call me crazy, but when I am wearing briefs I just feel like I am being rude or that I am too naked. For example, my pubes might hang out of the side by the crotch. I just feel like people do not want to see all of that.

So I buy boxer briefs. They are nice and snug like briefs, but with more coverage. And if you have to ask why I like wearing snug underwear: one I am not packing like the rest of the guys on this site, so comfort is not an issue, two I wear skinny jeans, and three I am thin so regular baggy boxers would be extra, extra loose on me.

9. Mustang86

Mustang86 Member

Albums:
    I wouldn t have anything different! Wear mainly cks and think they are soooo comfortable! Nice to look at too! :p

10. jockmaestro

Gold Member

well, obviously a lot of guys like them, but I don't. They are unnecessarily material-heavy. Who needs all that thigh coverage?
    Plus they don't provide the lift that a good brief (2xist) does, keeping your balls pouched and lifted. To me, boxer briefs are just random on the support department; they don't really provide any. And as for boxers? forget it; I don't see the point of them at all.

11. D_stryhtfg

D_stryhtfg New Member

Yes...if you are wearing a pair that's too small for you.

12. bookersnooker

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I had to wear a pair of boxers today, and dare I say it was like wearing a curtain over my cock.

I midaswell not had anything on at all. My junk was all over the place, nothing felt secure, if i sat down the wrong way I would sit on my balls - I even had to consciously grab my package before I sat down to avoid any accidents.

And when I got my midday hardon I was tenting like crazy - there was no support to keep it across my hip.

13. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    I stopped wearing briefs because the hems were absorbing sweat in the crotch and giving me fungal infections. I went over to boxer shorts for a time, but they were uncomfortable in winter, when the cold air would chill my bum. Boxer briefs solved both problems, and I have never been inclined to go back to any other kind of underpants.

"Midaswell had"? That's a new one on me.

14. jockmaestro

Gold Member

Exactly my point... altho' there's almost never anything wrong with getting a hardon, even if you can't "hide" it.

Did you write "midaswell" on purpose??

15. jockmaestro

Gold Member

Well I guess you have your reasons.
    Fantastic cock pics, by the way. Impressive girth and length.

16. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    L.M.A.O.! I don't have the issue of sitting on my balls, but otherwise like boxers for all the other reasons you listed. I love my junk all over the place. Feeling it move around is highly erotic. Occasionally my dick will elongate down to the right when I'm walking and wearing bball shorts. Like you say, there's nothing to hold it back, and it tents my right leg. I get off on it, and keep walking. Eventually, it goes down all by itself.

17. uncut_1234

uncut_1234 New Member

Albums:
    i love boxer briefs, ive been wearing them for about 12 years now,
    i wore tighty whiteys for the first 12 years or so of my life, then regular boxers for a while before going to boxer briefs

tighty whiteys are just too see to be comfortable, no room for a dick + 2 balls, and god forbid you get a semi or even a boner, youre fucked

i hated regular boxers because theres just no support, i dont think its comfortable to have my dick and especially balls banging around

boxer briefs are just so comfortable to me i love em

18. Bob Ross

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    ^Agreed

The best of both worlds...

I wore tighty-whiteys until I was about 16 and then switched over to boxer-briefs and/or boxers (depending on the type of pants i'm wearing or anticipated type of activities that day)

19. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wear boxer briefs and boxers only. I can't wear briefs. I like Fruit of the Loom boxer brifes best followed by Starters and Hanes tagless.

Draft saved Draft deleted