whats the deal with guys shaving their armpits

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by hot97, Nov 9, 2007.

1. hot97

hot97 Active Member

Albums:
    I was just curious. How many of you guys shave your armpits. I dont....I have a bush and like to show them off(lol thats kid of weird)....Whats the deal with you guys that shave your pits:mad:

2. Lucky_Luke

Lucky_Luke New Member

Perhaps it matches the pubes?

I don't shave those parts, but I have to admit that guys who do shave their pubes but not their armpits do look rather funny - especially if they have no body hair at all.

And given the fact that hair acts to trap odors, shaving the pits would likely make them less smelly. I don't know this for a fact, I'm only speculating about the reduction in smell.

3. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I've done it before a couple times, thinking maybe I'd be cooler or sweat less/have less BO. Ultimately it felt too strange so I didn't continue doing it. If I'm going out shirtless somewhere I will sometimes trim but I don't shave them anymore.

4. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

I trim my pits occasionally, and I've shaved them maybe 3 or 4 times in my entire life. They're not as hairy as some I've seen.

5. RandyL

RandyL New Member

I don't shave my armpits, but I know from experience that I can take a shower, go to work, and if I'm moving my arms around a lot, depending on what I'm doing, I can have smelly armpits in only an hour or 2!

I don't use anti perspirant on a daily basis, just for dress up situations. Maybe that's an issue also.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

Oh my goodness! That's the queerest thing I've ever heard you say. :tongue::biggrin1::eek: You know what they say, when a man shaves his pits it's a sure sign he is just 2 steps from being gay and sucking cock. <----- Calm down people, this is sarcasm, not homophobia! :cool:

Maybe?! Maybe?! What is wrong with you? :confused: :eek: From about the age of 10 onward, both men and women NEED to shower everyday AND use an anti-perspirant/deodorant AND brush your teeth. It's called good personal hygeine it's a part of personal grooming and most importantly it is common sense!:mad::eek::rolleyes:

7. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

lol I've never shaved my legs or arms and never will. I'll bet you shave your armpits and legs. And I know for sure that you shave something else. :wink:

8. Meniscus

Gold Member

9. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Like NJ I think all men (and women) should use ap/deodorant, the only time sweat smells good is if you're just been up to nasty sex stuff for 12 hours :)

10. smoothnfree

smoothnfree New Member

Albums:
    I rather shaved, less hair on my doby...I dont go for being hairy, and what grows, I tend to shave off.

11. Scorpiorising

Scorpiorising New Member

I don't have much armpit hair, but I couldn't imagine shaving what I do have as I think it would make me sweat more.

As for the antiperspirant (sp?) or deordorant, for a greater part of my life I never needed to use it because I simply did not sweat, even in heavy activity. And, if I did (I know most won't believe this) I just didn't give off an odor. It is only since I turned 35 (I'm 38 now) that I had to start using it. I knew I had to start using deodorant when I did sweat one day and it actually smelled.

I think it's something genetic because when I was young and in a marching band, I once walked in on the girls changing and one of them was shaving their underarms. I had mentioned it to my mother and she was a little perplexed as she never shaved under her arms. Don't get grossed out. She just never grew hair there, so she never needed to.

12. sargon20

Gold Member

Body hair is SO 70's.

13. Ed69

Gold Member

Not hapenning in my world!Do you know what aluminium oxcide is,it's a key component in those products.After having five cyst's lanced or carved out of my pit's that shit is no longer is allowed in my bathroom!If you can't take the way a man smells buy a dildo.:cool:

14. petergroot

Gold Member

Albums:
    Finally ! Some-one who speaks sense and point out the truth.
    I agree with personal cleanliness: Shower at least once a day (if one can), brush your teeth (always), but as far putting aluminium oxcide under my armpits: no way. This whole thing re smells, hairyness etc is driven by the need to sell more "personal hygene " products, so the add industry has duped us all into believing that human smells are bad.(they can be) If a person is clean, a little bit of sweat is OK.

15. Principessa

Gold Member

I was expecting some crunchy granola type to fight me on this. :rolleyes::tongue:

16. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I shave them...not clean shavin...but like a trimmer setting three. I feel since I workout, and have a tank t-shirt on, that this is now an exposed area that should be groomed. Uses less deoderant too. I like this aspect because I think deoderants are not really healthy when all is said and done... though one wants to smell clean

17. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You hit the bullseye, Luke. I have so much body hair, it's ridiculous. I'm very physically active and don't want to smell gross of feel gross while I'm working out. Excessive hair will smell 2 - 3 hours after the shower unless you take a bath in cologne. I use hair clippers to routinely trim body hair, including my underarms. It feels way better and I never smell. I'm indifferent to what it looks like. It's all about comfort.

18. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

I shave becauase when you put anit persperant on you are just putting it on the hair, where as I put it on the skin.

19. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    Shaving makes you more aerodynamic.

20. Balljunkie

Gold Member

I shave because my armpit hair can grow out of the sleeves of my t-shirt. Before I started shaving, the long hair would hang out of my t-shirt and nothing turned girls off more than that. My guy friends would even say that shit about "shave it, man. That is disgusting."

Draft saved Draft deleted