whats the deal with guys shaving their armpits

modulo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hair is an excellent bacterial growth media when combined with a warm, moist environment such as an armpit. This is why any surgeon in his right mind always shaves the skin around a surgical wound. Plus, BO will happen with or without hair since body chemistry plays a great deal in that. Shaving or trimming the hair closely will cut down on odeous aromas but regular bathing with a good quality soap, plus deodorant helps too. Just my $0.02

S

SirConcis

I'll shave armpits in the summer, but won't strive to keep them clean shaven.

Couple reasons I do it:

Needs less deodorant since 3/4 of it doesn't get stuck on hairs.

Better ventilation/heat exhaust (underarms are great coolants for body as is the space between legs near crotch).

Also, if I don' at least trim them from time to time, the hair can get long and not very healthy/clean looking. In the winter, I leave them alone though.

I do a lot of cycling in summer and ability to dump excess body heat is an important factor.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was just curious. How many of you guys shave your armpits. I dont....I have a bush and like to show them off(lol thats kid of weird)....Whats the deal with you guys that shave your pits:mad:

have been shaving my pits for years. Like the way that sweat evaporates faster and thusly, leaving less odor. Pretty much the same reason I shave my ass; easier clean up and easier to keep clean.

paulobr79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I shave mine too. Prefer the look of a trimmed/ shaved arm pit. Like most people have said, its better for ventilation and I feel cleaner

D_season 5

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was just curious. How many of you guys shave your armpits. I dont....I have a bush and like to show them off(lol thats kid of weird)....Whats the deal with you guys that shave your pits:mad:

hmmm...define guys? do u mean MEN, boys, or twinks..
a MAN would never shave his pits...end of story..

Keno123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like my pit hair and have a good amount without being overly hairy but had a serious problem with sweat. I developed a rash. My doctor prescribed 2 medications and told me I could keep putting on medication or trim it, my choice. I don't like the rash cream (rash is a nice word for what I had). Now I trim so I don't get the "rash" and don't need the medication.

parchissi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Never been a hairy guy and virtually no arm pit hair - so what little I do have/had - off it comes!! Don't sweat so no smell either. Prefer the smooth look myself.