What's the Gayest Country?

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks, Hyperhulk, for your very thoughtful, complete, and serious response to my question.

I appreciate your helpful tone--unlike some of the other responses.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm told that Buenos Aires and Miguel Antonio national park in Costa Rica are great.

Prague is relaxed, historical, and really gay. Same thing with Amsterdam.

B_petite_azn

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
merryxmaspw8.jpg

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Officially, a few years back, it was stated that Australia was the gay male capital of the world.

Not sure how they worked it out and not sure if it's still true as a generation on, it's likely to have changed (said sotto voce Gays don't breed as much as staights, dontcha know, generally).

Would make sense though when you consider how redneck-butch the average Ausssi male is and how aggresive towards homosexuality a lot of the Crocodile Dundee stereotypes are.

Aggression is mostly a product of fear.

All closet's are fearful.

saxxa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have traveled extensively and found gay situations everywhere. I would say that Ibiza off the coast of Spain, Mykonos off the coast of Greece, Amsterdam, and Berlin have huge gay scenes. You may also consider gay cruises.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, if we can narrow from countries down to cities I can offer some suggestions. I recommend getting the Spartacus travel book from your local gay bookstore or order it from Amazon.

Amsterdam is a very gay friendly city with lots of options no matter what you're into. Also, it's beautiful and most people speak English. Gorgeous looking people too.

Berlin is absolutely wild with parties every night. The scene there is pretty full on and it leans to a slightly more hard core gay scene.

London is the NY of Europe with lots of gay options. Very expensive city though.

Paris has a very active gay scene as well, not to mention, another gorgeous city. Lots to do.

Barcelona is the San Francisco of Europe. Has everything. Great city, lots to do, gorgeous guys, lots of gay venues and a Sitges, a "gay" beach a short (and cheap) train ride away. Madrid has an even bigger gay club scene but is a different city than Barcelona.

Sydney, Australia is pretty gay friendly as well with lots of clubs and bars. Lots to do as well. Although summer in the US is winter in Sydney.

Those are the top "gay" cities in Europe & the world that I know of that will allow you to go to a variety of places, clubs, bars, saunas, gyms--and still see great sites.

I have to totally agree with you. I have been sailing around the Med for the past year and spent a lot of time in most of those areas mentioned. Right now I am living in Barcelona. It is very much like living in San Francisco where I am from. Very gay friendly and a lot of gay clubs. Sitges which is very close is like Provence Town, about 80% gay in the summer. Mykonos is also very gay especially for a small island, but other parts of Greece are not so gay. If anyone is traveling to the Med, I would be happy to give you my two cents worth of what you might find over here.