What's The Longest You've Been 'Hung Up' On Someone?

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Touching stories people. I guess in a way 'she who shall not be named' did try to stay in my life which made it harder. As in, I wouldn't speak to her (txt/phone) for ages then out of the blue I'd get a text 'how you doin?' then 'im in bed alone, with u were her' etc etc. Then 'I might come to the pub [where I live] on Saturday :wink:'.

But then my replies wouldn't get answered. I think she just wanted to feel wanted/see if I still cared. Which, because I am part dog, I do.

She did actually say once that if I get married 'we'd have to have an affair'...maybe it was all a lie.

She's engaged now, as far as I know. So I haven't communicated with her for awhile now. I just hope she's happy :smile:

And her little cat too :redface:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Years...I think I went through all the stages of grief. The break up hit me blind sided. We had dated for years, we hadnt even had a fight .The person in fact had asked me to marry him. Then on my birthday, he called me up to ask me if I had received the roses he sent to me for my birthday. He said he was in a meeting in San Francisco and would call me when he got home. That was over 10 years ago. He was moving to SF and had some how "forgotten" to tell me. At subsequent sessions with a therapist he told me that he probably was at least Bi and more probably gay but had not come to terms with it. It hit me like a nuclear explosion.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Or can't get them out of your head, still think about them, etc. Just wondering. :redface:
4 years give or take a week. That's how long it took me to even want to date again.

I'll always think about him though, he turned 44 on Thursday.:redface:

3 hours, 28 minutes and 4.9 seconds.
Oh please! :mad: You haven't even run out of tissues yet.:tongue::rolleyes:

Years...I think I went through all the stages of grief. The break up hit me blind sided. We had dated for years, we hadnt even had a fight. The person in fact had asked me to marry him. Then on my birthday, he called me up to ask me if I had received the roses he sent to me for my birthday. He said he was in a meeting in San Francisco and would call me when he got home. That was over 10 years ago. He was moving to SF and had some how "forgotten" to tell me. WTF!?! :eek::confused: At subsequent sessions with a therapist he told me that he probably was at least Bi and more probably gay but had not come to terms with it. It hit me like a nuclear explosion. Of course it did! SHIT, that's HUGE!

See this is why most people become depressed and or bitter about the opposite sex. Bad Break Ups. That man was a bad breaker upper! Often this results in stalking rather than therapy or in my case, eating way too much pasta and ice cream.

RamIt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I loved her In a way Ive never known. Things were perfect between us, and I had that feeling that this was it. Then I went away to the war. Things were even stronger between us after we had been through it together, and she was amazing. A year or two later, I went to war again. When I got home, I wasnt the same. We both knew it, but I started screwing up, drinking a lot, and we just grew apart. We let it slip away because I wasnt ready to accept some things, and I kept too much from her. Had I not gone, we would be happily married by now, I would bet on it. She still calls or emails every so often to tell me how great she is doing, and bring up how bad i screwed up. We broke up 10 months or so ago, and I think of her ten times a day, and what could have been. I always will.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I loved her In a way Ive never known. Things were perfect between us, and I had that feeling that this was it. Then I went away to the war. Things were even stronger between us after we had been through it together, and she was amazing. A year or two later, I went to war again. When I got home, I wasnt the same. We both knew it, but I started screwing up, drinking a lot, and we just grew apart. We let it slip away because I wasnt ready to accept some things, and I kept too much from her. Had I not gone, we would be happily married by now, I would bet on it. She still calls or emails every so often to tell me how great she is doing, and bring up how bad i screwed up. We broke up 10 months or so ago, and I think of her ten times a day, and what could have been. I always will.

one of the countless, hundreds of thousands, unmentioned casualties of war.

Alot of soldiers do not take it well, some go loco and sport a noose at the end of a drinking binge. I hope you are seeing a psychologist.

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I was really quite into this guy from Toronto for about a year, possibly a year and a half. We never met but we did talk a lot and for a long time each time we did. Then, one day, I realized that it wasn't going to work out and tried my best to push him out of my mind. I still do think about him every now and then but not as much as I used to.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have felt essentially spellbound by an individual for 62 years. We have not seen one another or communicated since service in The Korean War! However, the memories still flood back and dreams still occur. I cannot imagine there will be closure in this life!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have only been in two "serious" relationships. The first one ended bitterly after he made a lot of sexist comments (I do NOT put up with sexism AT ALL!) The second one, we both know that we are not suited for marriage or exclusive relationship, but after 14 years we are still friends, and occasionally have "benefits" along with our friendship to this day.

However, I am still hung up on someone I first met in 1991, who I never had a chance to be with at all because he was already happily married before I met him, and as far as I know is still happily married to the same woman he was married to then - I have lost all contact with him. In some ways, it is good that I have lost contact, because then I won't wish quite as much for someone who I can never have. I still to this day look for a man who is a single version of this man.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You didn't screw up, you both did, a partnership is two people and both of you have to work at it. Why is she still reminding you, you screwed up?
My guess is they are both still fairly young. Late 20's maybe early 30's. She probably really loves him and is as ill equipped to deal with his post-war trauma as he is.:frown1: She blames him for coming back different and ruining her life plan. Maybe she thinks goading him will make him become the man he was. It won't work though, it will just make him, more depressed and bitter.:frown1:

one of the countless, hundreds of thousands, unmentioned casualties of war.
A lot of soldiers do not take it well, some go loco and sport a noose at the end of a drinking binge. I hope you are seeing a psychologist.
How eloquently and sensitively put . . . NOT. The most important thing you said is he must see a therapist.

You should check out this thread. It deals with how little help is given to our war vets.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

How eloquently and sensitively put . . . NOT. The most important thing you said is he must see a therapist.

You should check out this thread. It deals with how little help is given to our war vets.

Fuck, hes been to war, I dont think a stranger on a large penis forum talking about veteran's issues is going to put him over the edge.

juice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I still am.

I met this wonderful amazing girl four years ago in September. She just took my breath away. There was something about her, the way she carried herself, the way she laughed, the way she put everyone at ease. Amazing.
She worked for our team and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Day and night I thought about her, every time I saw her I would stutter like an idiot.
Finally, my roommate asked her out for me, and I guess you can say the rest is history. Asked her to marry me and we're now engaged.:biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Awww, that's so sweet I love happy endings. :smile:

I still am.
I met this wonderful amazing girl four years ago in September. She just took my breath away. There was something about her, the way she carried herself, the way she laughed, the way she put everyone at ease. Amazing.
She worked for our team and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Day and night I thought about her, every time I saw her I would stutter like an idiot.
Finally, my roommate asked her out for me, and I guess you can say the rest is history. Asked her to marry me and we're now engaged.:biggrin1:

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
you could be hung up on someone for years! i'm still gushing over my dream girl who obviously just wants to be friends, and there's the boy next door who i've been great friends with since childhood, but he's straight. sucks!

but hey, look at Florentino Ariza from Love in the Time of Cholera. (i feel too accomplished by finishing the book, so dammit, i will mention it again!) He waited half a century for his great love...