What's The Longest You've Been 'Hung Up' On Someone?

angellady84

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Three years... He, "N" led me on... Let me fall in love with his 2 beautiful little boys, "Z" and "Q", who were the most perfect angels... Even went so far as to convince my whole family I was what he wanted. Then after all this he txtx me outta the blue one day "by the way I'm going back to my wife and we're gonna try for a baby girl." I felt like I died that day. I can deal the heartache but he hurt his kids (who weren't his wife's kids either) I remember one time I got to babysit (I was happy to spend every moment I could with those boys!) and the 4 year old "Z" cried because he wanted to stay with me and not have to go home... and another time when "Z" looked at his dad as they were on their way out the door, and referring to me asks "Daddy, do you love her?" "N" turned bright red and grinned ear to ear at "Z" and then at me.

Since then I am very much afraid of falling in love again... and thats hard when your dream is to get married and have a loving family with 2 boys and a girl....

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I mean someone you've stopped seeing.

That's interesting Holly. I'm at 11 months, 18 days, 15 hours and 48 minutes. And counting :tongue:

Actually it was someone I'd stopped seeing. It was a high school boyfriend that I never quite got over...until just a few years ago, when I finally stopped having sexy dreams about him, and that little pang in my heart whenever I thought about him.

I think, though, that I was not so much hung up on him as on what he represented to me -- true happiness in love, and sexual passion. Once I learned to love myself unconditionally, and changed my life to find someone else who loved me unconditionally and created sexual passion in me, the torch I carried for that old flame finally sputtered out.

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
Or can't get them out of your head, still think about them, etc. Just wondering. :redface:

I want to say 2 years. 2 years AFTER she was out of my life. We still randomly say hi every few months but we definitely don't talk like we used to. Over it now but at the time, never ever ever thought I'd move on.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
MalakiTiti yes I am a Prince fan! And proud :smile:

Not many Prince fans where I live...

And on a related note and regarding what njqt said about the opposite of love being indifference, I think that's right. I wonder has anyone felt like this?

I hate you
Because I love you
But I can't love you
Because I hate you

(shameless plug)

Or is it just nonsense? lol

I also agree with what Holly said; once you come to terms with and love yourself, and find someone else to love, you start to get over them. At least, that's the idea :tongue:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I mooned over one guy for a couple of years when I was a teenager, but since then, the only "lasting" ill effect was breaking up with my ex- hubby.

That lasted over a year, and the biggest "pain" with that was the belief that I had lost my FAMILY life -- living AS a family. Once we worked out how to still have good Christmases and holidays, it wasn't so bad anymore.

IMHO, the roughest part isn't necessarily losing the PERSON, but the LIFE that you thought you would have with that person.

When you can figure out how to have that life with someone else, and when you can imagine all sorts of nice details about that life (whether or not you've found the "new person" yet), things DO get a little better.

:wink:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol do you know what mooning is over here?

I mooned some girls at a party once, it only lasted a few seconds :tongue:

Apart from that, very wise flim :smile: as always. Yes I did have 'big plans' for her and our beautiful children...lol.

PS mooning: http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/funny/mooned.jpg

PPS: Highlight for a definition:

12.Slang. to expose one's buttocks suddenly and publicly as a prank or gesture of disrespect.

Aitch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
22 years or thereabouts & it goes on.... Some people leave a lasting impression. The recently ex-Mr Aitch will always be rememered too.

GI SUPRISE

Just Browsing
Media
I find this theraputic. I'm just getting out of my first "serious" relationship. We were together for a year and a half. Two months ago he tells me that he's been sleeping with random people for the past six months. We were in a "monogomous" relationship.

It's been really tough on me. I was completely in love with him. I still think about him constantly. Some days are better than others. Today was his birthday. I didn't call. I guess I feel a little better that I was able to keep my distance.

Reading these other comments make me think I'll get through it somehow. I just hope the pain doesn't continue to the extent it has for the entirety of my grieving process.

UGHHHH

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It means the same here and is frequently done out the window of a moving vehicle. This is known as hanging a moon.

However, when one moons over someone it means they are smitten with them.

lol do you know what mooning is over here?

I mooned some girls at a party once, it only lasted a few seconds :tongue:

Apart from that, very wise flim :smile: as always. Yes I did have 'big plans' for her and our beautiful children...lol.

PS mooning: http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/funny/mooned.jpg

PPS: Highlight for a definition:

12.Slang. to expose one's buttocks suddenly and publicly as a prank or gesture of disrespect.

Ker76

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
One of the best threads here and it came out of nowhere.

And it made me think of my ex back in 2000. So far she´s been the only one that made me think about marriage. And I was 24 and a student then! We broke up in January 2001 and it took me two years, a change of places (a big one, from Germany to NZ) to get over her. When I came back I still had a few sad moments, but thought myself to be well over it. Until I met the crowd that greeted me at the airport for a warm welcome. She wanted to be nice and came along (without me knowing about it). When I saw her I knew I´d never be really over it.

By now I think these experiences are part of the wisdom one gains when getting older. I´ve had relationships after that,happy ones, too, but i´ve never quite felt the same deep inside. And I´ll probably never forget that moment back in 2000 when I laid on top of her, enjoying the afterglow of a happy romp and suddenly thinking that I would actually be happy to marry this girl.

btw SHE is married and has a kid since last year.

FitFemFan77

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There was Donna, from a job I had in 1986. She was everything I saw that could have been perfect in a woman. Although I was married during that time, we had a brief affair for one summer, and it felt like heaven to me. She moved out of the area at the end of that year, and it felt like someone tore away my heart. I am still married to the same woman and happy with my love and life today, but never forget the "what if" of that summer.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very touching story Ker76. I know what you mean about those romps. And the way everyone looks beautiful after sex :redface: and how personal and intimate it is.

Anyway, this thread technically didn't came out of nowhere, it came out of my head :tongue:. I was beginning to think I could be weird for not being over her after so long. She had a great smell too...and tasty lip gloss. *sigh*

I thought she was my Future Baby Mama...heh.

I wonder if anyone else has a story to tell?

Ker76

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Anyway, this thread technically didn't came out of nowhere, it came out of my head :tongue:. I was beginning to think I could be weird for not being over her after so long.

Well, sorry, by saying "out of nowhere" I just meant I didn´t expect this kind of question combined with the many personal responses on a forum dedicated to big cocks :biggrin1:.

And I am somewhat surprised that there seem to be quite a lot of people out there carrying memories/burdens or whatever one would call it of this kind...

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So am I, although it is comforting to know you're not alone in what you're feeling.

Maybe our lives are richer for having loved and lost (and being sore losers? :tongue:)? :smile:

I like to think so.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
12 years. there may be a little chance we get back together eventually. He emailed me the other day and said "I have always loved you and always will".

time will tell, situation is too complicated now along with the distance.

Smartz

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its been for years since we split but I think about him too much. I notice I don't think of him at all when I'm in a relationship, but when I'm completely single I think about him. When I think about him I often imagine that I'm doing so very well, which I am, and that he would wish that he did right by my side. Unfortunately we broke up because he cheated on me with to other ladies. Pretty sad, but I thought it was love. I miss the easy conversations and sweetness, that I often don't have in my current relationships.