What's the Most Boring Sport to Watch?

Sixofspades

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ice hockey, because I'm too myopic to see the puck. I need contacts, but am too freaked out to go poking about in my eyes.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
What? No poll??

For me it's baseball. When I was a kid my dad got me on this little league team. I'd sooner have watched grass grow:

"Are you going to play football this year, Johnny?"
"Nah!"
"Oh, well you must be going to play cricket this year then, are you Johnny?"
"Nah! nah! nah!"
"Boy, you sure are a funny kid, Johnny, but I like you! So tell me, what kind of a boy are you?"

I only like dreaming
All the day long
Where no one is screaming

Be good be good
Be good be good be good
Be good be good be good be good (Johnny!)

Poker, chess, and snooker are pastimes.

If a lard ass in Walmart stretchy pants and an oxygen tank can do it while wolfing down fried chicken, smoking cigarettes, and drinking scotch, then it's not a sport!

lorne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
marathon running by far the most boring only 2 important moments (unless huge pass or accident) beginning or end. Working around sports reporting really makes me appreciate other highlights.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ice fishing. really any kind of fishing. it's boring when you're there actually fishing, how the hell can people watch it on TV?

I complain but I have a strange fixation with the Olympics. I never ever watch sports unless it's the Olympics, in which case I tivo the whole thing and watch all of it. Doesn't matter what the event is, I'll watch it. My favorites are bobsled, luge, gymnastics, field events, biathlon, diving, synchronized swimming, and nordic jumping. No clue whatsoever why.

I think it's because I think the Olympics actually mean something; it's not a never-ending parade of we're number one this year, blah blah blah. It seems to me that Olympic sport demonstrates the limits of human ability at this point in time and that to me is more remarkable than any cup or series or anything else. I was moved to near tears, as many of the athletes were, at seeing the field events take place at Olympus itself. Never would I have expected such a reaction yet there it was. The magnitude of the event was simply staggering. It was one of those times I felt deeply privileged to have been born in western culture.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My grannie playing lawn bowling is the most boring sport I ever watched.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Race cars going around and around bores me to death (which is a pity because there's a NASCAR track here). Drag racing, however... love it. Something about a balls-to-the-wall 1/4 mile really holds my interest.

I'd rank golf a close second, followed by tennis.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The most boring has to be the one where the ball is in play for 4 seconds, out of play for 45 seconds. You guessed it: American football. They could at least let the clock continue ticking while they stand around, pick their noses, scratch their crotches, and pat each other on the ass.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Do people really still curl?

I remember it as a kid and I called it broom bowling.
It's a pretty big thing here in my city.
It is an Olympic sport Wrey. Where have you been? That broom whisking is the most exiting part of it BTW. Very exciting stuff. :rolleyes:
Or screaming harder!! sweep! harder!!! One can only think.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Golf. Shot of the guy swinging, shot of the sky, shot of the grass, a soothing round of applause. Nap time.

Bowling. The audience in the alley is paid to be there. 'Nuff said.

Curling. Curious sport, can be played with a beer in hand (How very Canadian). A friend from Turkey mentioned having watched a game and my first thought was "By choice?" Extraordinarily dull to watch...until...you begin to understand the process involved and you find yourself yelling with the other fools, "HURRY, HURRY HARD!!!! Insidious.

classyron

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
North American football, basketball, golf, baseball are all dull to watch, but NASCAR is the worst.

Football is a about 5 minutes of actual playing and 175 minutes of listening to announcers try to fill the time.

Basketball... seriously, it is not challenging for a 7' tall person to play a sport with 10' rims and flexible rules. Add REAL contact and I will watch it, and I mean hockey contact not ridiculous slap fighting.

Golf and baseball are fun to play, hell to watch.

NASCAR, it is like a watered down version of real auto racing. Wow, a bunch of rednecks driving in circles... awesome, it is like closing time at a country bar.