What's The Most Challenging Exercise You've Every Tried To Do?

I see there's a lot of folks into fitness, so I figured I'd ask what is the toughest exercise you attempted? Did you ever complete it? As far as me, obviously I take a lot of pride in sustaining my abs and building on them every way I can. I explore all kinds of different ab exercises that will work them a way I haven't or that will just give me that burn feeling that I think I'm addicted too, lol. Anyway, I tried to do Bruce Lee's dragon flag. That's the toughest exercise I have ever experienced, lol. I still can't do that shit, not properly anyway. In fact, I think I did it properly in one rep, and could not follow it up, lol. I'll have it down one day.

Reactions: Bryan Flynn

Topher90

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thinking back at it for me was probably doing kickboxing circuits I used to do minute intervals at 4 different stations and it was non stop until the bell rang than I'd get a minute breather great work out but was definitely exhausting, looking at your pics you seem to have a ripped midsection what an exercises do you live by?

Thinking back at it for me was probably doing kickboxing circuits I used to do minute intervals at 4 different stations and it was non stop until the bell rang than I'd get a minute breather great work out but was definitely exhausting, looking at your pics you seem to have a ripped midsection what an exercises do you live by?

Thanks man. Kickboxing is fun, I wouldn't mind doing that. I had a trial class once.

As I said, it varies. That said, through research I have realized that I was too focused on crunches in the past. I'd do like 6-8 different crunches, it had some effect on my abs, but it didn't lead to the results you see today. So I decided to narrow it down to the must effect crunches:

1. long arm crunch (a favorite of mine, I do this on a declined bench as well, I invented this? Lol)
2. Weighted crunch (I use a 35 pound kettlebell for the weight)
3. Weighted sit up (yes, they're different)
4. Frog crunch (I like this one too)
5. bicycle crunch.
- crunch kicks sometimes
- Weighted Russian twist as well

That takes care of the crunches. As for the other exercises, I like to get my legs involved so:

1. flutter kicks
2. Scissor kicks
3. Donkey kicks (this is a favorite of mine, I begin in plank position)
4. Crab leg raises (a new addition I just started like the last four days, love it)
5. weighed pulse ups (with ankle weights, intense AF)

I've realized that what has my abs the where they are today is by utilizing full body workouts that always keeps the core involved. So:
1. L-sits (outside if it giving me coregasm... Love it)
2. Kettlebell Swing (I do this exercise very often, I think this is the reason behind today's results.)
3. Goblet squats (Another exercise I'm doing more these days and is very effective)
4. Overhead lunges (with opposite legs, intense man)
5. Incline press (I use parralletes)

I usually close with this leg hold while holding dumbbells and closing stretch with downward dog into cobra pose. The other killer component is diet, I'm very through about what I intake and how much I eat in the day. And that's all the go into sustaining my goals, lol.

In competition yoke carries always killed me. Anything over 350kg. Didn't particularly enjoy training them either

Or axle clean and press. God I hated that unco shit. Never had enough gut to "continental" it so could only double overhand grip

D

deleted1334580

burpees past about rep 40 (or even 30 if done correctly and fully). Yes I know some crossfitters have done hundreds but they are tiresome plyometrics.

Almost40

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Strenuous Trekking from Lobuche at 4.940 mts to Gorak shep a distance of 4.7 klms, high altitude on bad terrain and thin air. Then had to help a friend who suffered from severe altitude sicknes and walked all the way back to Lobuche in minus 20degrees Celsius to relieve the effects of high altitude. Then returned to Gorak shep to meet the rest of the group and trekk all the way to the peak of Kalpathar at 5.545 mts before making the final descend to Lobuche (again) in less than 24 hrs with only two hours of sleep...

D

deleted1334580

Same one, each and every day.... Getting out of my big, soft bed.
Even worse when my girl's sexy naked ass is lying next to me. Lol

OMG First world problems but yeah I get it (kinda since I'm gay) but as a man in general I'm ready to hit it in the morning, as to which others are often not so inclined.

Reactions: Gj816

LongDong28_

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We have the odd PT circuit session once in a while that sends half of us to the side vomiting ( British Royal Engineers ), I honestly think the PTIs aren’t happy unless they get a few pukers lol. They split us in teams and it’s a race essentially, winning team decides on a forfeit for the other teams, usually x amount of burpees.

Supposedly intended to encourage teamwork, not letting your boys down but in reality as I say I think they just enjoy making us suffer :)

D

deleted1334580

yes and plyometrics like that will make most on the edge of vomiting.

trent_postal

Loved Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dragon flag is certainly hard. I could do a very bad one with most likely bad form and some cheating. Flag pole was a little easier but could never do it for much time. Weighted pull-ups are always fun. Squats with half your body weight for a single set of one hundred sucked. Worked up to it. Did it once and never again.

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I did a Power Yoga class once a week for 6 years. It was 60 solid minutes of challenges. The first class O thought I would die but after surviving I was hooked

At the gym, single leg Romanian deadlifts kill me. I use the hand opposite from the leg I'm standing on. It's a core workout, a gluten workout, a hamstring workout, and a MENTAL workout. I use a heavy DB for this. Almost no one in my gym even tries these.

Reactions: AI93JR

I did a Power Yoga class once a week for 6 years. It was 60 solid minutes of challenges. The first class O thought I would die but after surviving I was hooked

At the gym, single leg Romanian deadlifts kill me. I use the hand opposite from the leg I'm standing on. It's a core workout, a gluten workout, a hamstring workout, and a MENTAL workout. I use a heavy DB for this. Almost no one in my gym even tries these.

Yeah that ones intense, the Romanian deadlifts. It dominates me and I like it, lol.

I know, that's what I do. I just got to get back to that. That exercise fell out of my rotation.

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hardest for me is the Sit Up to Hip Up exercise. It's not easy for me but may be for you. I've never yet been able to make a straigh line with my body from shoulders to knees.

That is if you haven't done this exercise before. Great ab exercise.

Reactions: AI93JR

Hardest for me is the Sit Up to Hip Up exercise. It's not easy for me but may be for you. I've never yet been able to make a straigh line with my body from shoulders to knees.

That is if you haven't done this exercise before. Great ab exercise.

I've never tried that before, but now I'm highly interested.