What's The Most Dangerous Things That's Happened To You With Online Meet-ups?

dingdong

Cherished Member
Media
Not meaning to sound stuck up, I get alot of messages from people asking me to meetup with them in real life, going back to their place etc.....Now, am I being too paranoid, or could this just go horribly wrong? :confused: They could be mug you, attack you, etc RIGHT? :confused:

Has anything dangerous/risky happened with someone you met up with from speaking to them online?

D_CountdeGrandePinja

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Only once have I met someone from an online site - met at local coffee shop - nice guy but there was no chemistry - made another friend, which is always good.

You never know who you will meet, not only online, but anywhere - use your smarts and all will be OK - let's think with the heads on our shoulders and on our cocks!!!!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yeah. Things could go terribly wrong. But it could go very right too. You have to be careful and skeptical until you get to know them. And don't be meeting up the first time in a non-public place. Such as 'their place'.

zombyalive

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dangerous? not in the same sense as i think you mean.

one girl i met up with ended up being really young, still in highschool, i was guessing about 15 years old (i was 19), but i didn't realize this until after i called her up one day to have her mom pick up the phone and threaten me. i actually thought she was my age, she was mature and interesting. we never had sex, thank fucking god, she turned out to be a nuts. does oral sex count?

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It should go without saying that if you don't know them that well, don't meet them. If they are really interested in meeting to get more than just sex, they will be fine with putting in the time to get to know you.

Now for hook ups, I think it isn't all too likely to get mugged or something, but it is possible. However I think you have a much better chance of getting yourself a stalker.

Rowan Ravenseed

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Meh im a gay man thats been chatting since i was 15 i literally dont think i can count the number of people ive hooked up with over the net.... the prudent advice is always meet in a public place first and never meet unless youve got face pictures and never after only talking to them once.

Having said that though i went through a period in time when i was Tina's friend ( a meth head in otherwords) and did silly things like walked over to a hookups place iced up and ready to go..... turned out kinda nice we had a spa together and played together... i got along really well with him... his partner didnt like me too much though i was too innocent for his partners liking (his partner was the no.2 iceman in sydney at the time) ive also met guys without having seen a face pic and having only chatted to them once.... the worst thing that ever happened to me through internet hookups would have to be meeting this really ugly dude and feeling so guilty and not having the balls to say no so i had sex with him anyway......

Danimal24

Just Browsing
Media
I feel very fortunate to have not had anything bad happen to me through an online meeting/ hook-up so far. I too have been meeting people online since I was in my teens.

However, my best friend and I had a pact and a systemf or our safety. We would never meet anyone from online without a face pic and a contact number. Once we received this information, and before we left to meet the person, we would e-mail it to the other person. We'd also have two check in calls/ texts until we came home, just to verify that we were indeed home safe. All, alternative locations that we would go would be relayed to eachother via text. We would also call the next morning unannounced to verify that thing were okay. If the person did not look anything like their face pic, we would not continue with the date, or leave once at the door.

If anything went awry, we would go to the police with the photo, the number and where we were supposed to have been.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
It mostly comes down to common sense and reasonable judgement.

If I count correctly, I've met 11 people from LPSG whom I either know online or have mutual friends with. None of them have mugged me yet.

If you're talking about meeting with someone who you've only exchanged one or two messages with, then I would advise against it. When it's your first time meeting someone and you're alone, as others have suggested do it in a public place. Let at least one friend know where you are and what you're going to be doing (within reason) and have them ring you a short time after you're scheduled to meet the other person(s).

Essentially, just don't be an idiot about it. :smile:

To answer the question posed, the most risky thing was probably fucking on a rather open hotel balcony that was in full view of the park below, to the cheers of a group of men - one of whom turned out to be a hotel employee. :eek:
Nothing dangerous though, thankfully.

Last edited:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i've met quite a few.
usually i stick to the public place, neutral territory meeting.
...though i have flown overseas to vacation with online friends who i've known for years, done my homework on and know others who've met them.
i've only had good experiences.

matticus201

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Honestly, when I think back on my gay.com days, I'm surprised by the fact that I didn't turn up in a ditch somewhere. I did some truly idiotic things. Being a little older and a little wiser now, I don't ever meet anyone online unless I've talked and emailed with them a good month and have tried my best to do my homework. Then we can pick a public place such as a bar or restaurant where I know people. I introduce the person I'm meeting to someone I know as well. In the past couple of years, I may have done this twice. Of course, you can just as easily get attacked picking up someone at a bar. You can never be too careful.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The only people I've met online are people from LPSG and the worst thing that has happened is I've had too much to eat or stayed up past my bed time.

SR_Blarney_Frank

Experimental Member
Media
The biggest danger for a straight guy is that she ends up married with a murderous husband. I met up with one who was "separated" but who then freaked out in the parking lot telling me to "just walk away" because she feared her husband was circling...

considering we had already met up a few times before, i didn't take it as a clever way to ditch me

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
The biggest danger for a straight guy is that she ends up married with a murderous husband. I met up with one who was "separated" but who then freaked out in the parking lot telling me to "just walk away" because she feared her husband was circling...

considering we had already met up a few times before, i didn't take it as a clever way to ditch me

Haha, I almost forgot that I had a similar experience. I once hooked up with a woman online, whose husband taught karate. I even looked up the dojo he was with to confirm she wasn't trying to mess with my head.

She also taught karate... I figured that if push came to shove, I'd just hide behind her :biggrin1:

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've never hooked up with a guy in the US without first meeting in public somewhere, talking and getting to know him. In Prague, I've hooked up countless times agreeing to come to their place or them to mine. Never ever had a problem unless you count the time the young guy tried picking my wallet and watch. The watch was very obvious and I called him on it. I went to the front door of my flat and locked the door, took the key and threatened him. He emptied his pockets and there was the watch and my cash. I tossed him out and that was that. Then about a week later I saw a posting on line to be careful of this guy because he steals! It happened to several guys apparently and the word got out quickly!

P.S. people here exchange phone numbers and SMS (text) each other for hook ups. I use give the phone number to a friend for safe keeping as well as the address of where I'm going.

Last edited: