What's up with guys wearing underwear to the showers at the gym?

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I work out at a New York Sports Club pretty much every day. I have been doing so for 7 or 8 months and never seen anything remotely sexual going on in a locker room, sauna, or steam room at at least 5 different clubs. I'm shocked to read that anything sexual is still going on at these clubs. The clientele seems largely straight and, if anything, a big uptight overall.

Media
I remember as a teen cock jokes were always about how big a guy was, in reality most guys are normal size, but until you get to see for yourself a guy is uncertain.
I was shy but determined to get over it so when I joined my gym I had to force myself to get naked at my locker and walk to the shower area. And this is what 90 % of the guys were doing also. A few more trips it didnt matter anymore as I saw the same guys naked in the sauna and open shower. It quickly became normal to use the sauna, go to the sink and shave then shower and not use a towel til I wanted to dry off. Enojy your own body, the stress isn't worth worry about being seen naked, how I view it now.

DadDic

Experimental Member
Media
I think it depends on which NYSC you went to.there are about 40 or so here.some have reputations for being hook up places,They closed the steamroom sauna in Chelsea for awhile due to that,Id be curious which club you went to?

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Usually work out at one of the Broadway Clubs on the Upper West. Occasionally hit the one near my office in Chelsea/Flatiron on 8th Ave. Also have used at least three up in Westchester and those ones are very uptight. Eyes closed in the Sauna uptight.

Icantthinkofaname

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think it's just a generational thing or an embarrassment thing, they both might be part of it, but technology has something to do with it too.

My brother used to work as a personal trainer in a very popular private gym chain, he used to tell me all kinds of stories about peeping toms trying to spy on people in the showers. It got so bad they had to ban several people from the gym and put guards at the doors to the men's and women's locker rooms.

There was recently a case here in Georgia where a man was caught taking pictures of men and young boys at a family gym, when the police searched his house they found thousands of pictures and movies of men and boys of various ages (I think the youngest person identified was 7 and the oldest was in his 80s) in different situations from changing in and out of gym wear, to showering to using the restroom.

Here's the rub, back in "the good old days" a peeping tom only had his brain to rely on when he wanted to reminisce about someone he spied on. Now, he can take a camera small as a pen, take as many photos/videos as he wants and upload them to his computer to view and share with anyone he wants. And as we all know, once content goes up online, it stays there. So there's definitely food for thought for someone going into a gym shower, do you want to look like a prude for a couple minutes or have your junk displayed online for a lifetime?

cwboy22

Sexy Member
Media
I think today more guys are aware others are there to look at them
And they think its a hit to their masculinity

SpitFireWheels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think the better question is why do people keep asking this same question over and over and over again?

Again, the same answer: Why do you care?

stlbigman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I haven't seen dudes showering in their skivvies but I've have seen guys in their undies in the steamroom and the jacuzzi (eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww). I still see one guy at the Y who showers with his t-shirt/wife beater on. Why I don't know.
While I'm here, and I know this isn't new but why are there no young guys showering anymore? I mean I'm a gay guy and I wanna see some hot naked dudes and there ain't nobody under 30 cleaning up. Why have we made young men so paranoid to shower nude in front of others now? Way to go dads of America!!!

NY4Curious

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
What's this with the cameras? Unless the photo identifies you by name, who the hell is to know who that naked dude on the internet is? And who really cares? I don't think anyone in rural Iowa or Oregon has a clue who I am or who you are (unless you live next door to them), and if they get off looking at me in the shower in the gym, I guess I'm a littel flattered, not angered. But the world doesn't revolve around me, and if my dick pops up on the internet on Monday, by Tuesday it'll be long replaced by some fresh meat. Get over it guy, neither you or I are that important! (And if we were we'd be paying a publicist thousands of dollars a month to keep our photos, nude or otherwise, on the internet.

iconoscope5

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'll tell you why I wear briefs in the shower in public locker rooms.

I'm a very easily aroused 43 year old man (by guys, mostly) and a lot of times I wear an unlubed condom under tight briefs to keep my precome from soaking my crotch, especially when when I'm at the gym .

Beside the fact that working out makes me feel masculine and horny, I see quite a few guys at the gym that make my dick hard and leaky, and when I'm in public, how horny I am is my private business. It's just part of my being a man.

So, wearing a rubber to catch my dick lube is a private thing I do being a man and that means keeping my briefs on in the shower at the gym. I kind of suspect that I'm not the only guy out there who keeps his pecker wrapped so there's no mess in his shorts. I'm pretty sure that's why SOME of these briefs-in-the-shower dudes keep them on. As someone earlier pointed out, men like their privacy.

No way will I get undressed in front of other guys, If the pouch of my briefs is soaked. And only a creepy exhibitionist would walk around nude with a condom on. Besides, I believe that could be called "lewd conduct".

Of course it gets me off that what's under my briefs is a little more private and sexual that some other guys, but I think you guys that miss seeing a lot of naked cock in locker rooms should discover how hot it is to see a guy with a nice, tightly packed bulge in the shower, his wet briefs clinging. Imagination is a way bigger turn on than furtively ogling another man's plain nakedness.

Thanks for reading this. I'll step down from my soapbox now. My rod needs a good pounding.