What's with all of these bisexual men who call themselves gay?

BiggerInTexas8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have nothing against bisexual men. My current partner who I have been with for a decade is bisexual. On this site I have noticed that there are men who put that they are 60% 70% or 80% gay and claim that they are gay or homosexual when they are not and they are bisexual. I'm not sure what 90% gay means but I guess it means that the guy was a complete closet queen and married a woman or was just in denial for decades when he did not want to accept the fact that he's gay. Anyway you can argue with the Kinsey scale that these men are not gay or homosexual at all but they are all bisexual. Guys like this who are really bisexual yet call themselves gay or homosexual are just as bad as the closet cases who are gay and bisexual but call themselves straight when they are anything but that. :rolleyes:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Those percentages are used to give you an idea how persons see things. My percentages for example: 80% straight and 20% gay. For me it means that I can appreciate a man's body and won't deny any attraction. But I guess I like girls more. But in general I like to call myself more straight. A gay person can appreciate a woman's body also and call themself 80% gay. Or someone who is 50/50 can say he is gay because he/she notice that they are more attracted to the same gender.

BiggerInTexas8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Pieter-You can call yourself gay or straight all you want but you are neither homosexual/gay, or heterosexual/straight. As a gay man I can tell if a woman is beautiful or pretty but this does not mean that I have sexual attraction to a woman as I've never had any sexual attraction to women and I do not fall in love with women at all. I'm only sexually attracted to men and I only fall in love with men. I've never had sex with a woman because I have never wanted to. Therein lies the problem, if a man is homosexual or gay he's not going to be attracted to women at all or want or have sex with them. He can force himself to have sex with women but this just makes him a closet queen who is in denial. Men who claim that they are "straight" yet find men's bodies sexy or have or want sex with men are anything but heterosexual. Anyway people like this are just lying to themselves about how they are really bisexual.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
If you see it like that, you are right. But in my opinion it's a bit extreme. It's like you have to call your sexuality always a name. Of course a lot of people are 'bisexual'. But looking at other their bodies and appreciate it isn't really bisexual, because most of the straight guys here joined for showing off and are intrigued by dick because they have dicks to. It's not like that when you see a dick you are bisexual. Most here appreciate the human body and aren't ashamed to say it and share it.
If I think a man is attractive it is mostly because I want to have the looks of that man. I don't imagine having sex with the man.

BiggerInTexas8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you see it like that, you are right. But in my opinion it's a bit extreme. It's like you have to call your sexuality always a name. Of course a lot of people are 'bisexual'. But looking at other their bodies and appreciate it isn't really bisexual, because most of the straight guys here joined for showing off and are intrigued by dick because they have dicks to. It's not like that when you see a dick you are bisexual. Most here appreciate the human body and aren't ashamed to say it and share it.
If I think a man is attractive it is mostly because I want to have the looks of that man. I don't imagine having sex with the man.

Appreciation of someone's body isn't sexual attraction you are right there. But in the case where people are attracted to both men and women in the present or have been in the past it would make them bisexual. Sexual orientation labels are here to stay and many people use them. It's like how people use political party labels. I feel really bad for people who feel like they do not have one or who are totally confused and think of themselves as being either gay or straight when they really are bisexual.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Well yeah, sometimes it's confusing. It's still easyer to be straight and also easyer to be gay, because being bisexual isn't accepted yet. Being confused isn't fun, you don't want to hurt people, you don't know what you want and have difficulties to be loyal at both genders. So yes it is a lot easyer to be labelled straight or gay.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
I have nothing against bisexual men. My current partner who I have been with for a decade is bisexual. On this site I have noticed that there are men who put that they are 60% 70% or 80% gay and claim that they are gay or homosexual when they are not and they are bisexual. I'm not sure what 90% gay means but I guess it means that the guy was a complete closet queen and married a woman or was just in denial for decades when he did not want to accept the fact that he's gay. Anyway you can argue with the Kinsey scale that these men are not gay or homosexual at all but they are all bisexual. Guys like this who are really bisexual yet call themselves gay or homosexual are just as bad as the closet cases who are gay and bisexual but call themselves straight when they are anything but that. :rolleyes:
Bisexual is not a choice at this time for Avatar information. I read those percentages to mean exacly that. A 100 % gay means GAy exclusive. A 50 % gay and 50 % straight means BISEXUAL.

Those are easy to read. Where the question comes in is at what percent does a person move from being gay to bisexual I sould say that 90 % and 10 % straight means that the person is gay, but can "function" or "fake it: in the straight world where a 100 % gay could or would not

This is Freddie's chart. It has no basis except it is how I myself read those percentages.

75 % to 100 % gay means the person is gay
25 % straight to 75 % gay and all in between are bisexual
75 % to 100 % straight means the person is straight

One could just as well use 80 percent instead of 75 percent.

A person who is 70 percent striaght and 30 gay is bisexual that leans toward a straight lifestyle.

A peson who is 70 percent gay and 30 straight is bisexual that leans towarda a gay lifestyle.

Since people rate themselves, consider that some people lie to themselves about their sexual orientation.

The percentages (70 percent straight and 30 % gay) do hlep explain why a guy has a female wife, but likes every now and then to go find a male for actoin on the side.

Perhaps it would be better to have gay, bisexual or straight and forget these percentages.

I don't know if guys would be more truthful or not about their sexuality with just three words to choose instead of percentages.

Since I became a member and saw those percentages, this is just how I have interpreted them. Apparently there is no OFFICIAL guide on how to interpret the percentages.

Last edited:

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm one of those bisexual people that you are referring to. I enjoy being with both women and men. I tend to want to have a more deep and emotional relationship with women, and with men it ranges from hook-ups to good friends with benifits.

In your opinion which of the choices offered by lpsg should I rate myself?

BiggerInTexas8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm one of those bisexual people that you are referring to. I enjoy being with both women and men. I tend to want to have a more deep and emotional relationship with women, and with men it ranges from hook-ups to good friends with benifits.

In your opinion which of the choices offered by lpsg should I rate myself?

You seem to know what you want and who you want sex and relationships with which is a good thing. The way you put it, it all makes sense since you wrote how you just fall in love with women.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
What's wrong with being that way? Most people are into labels and we all judge others when it all comes down to it. Just look at politics, race, and gender.

Labels limit who you are and what you can do. I'm not a fan. I personally would like to be known as who I am, and not be lumped into a group based on how I feel on that day.

Example, if I want to start knitting, while sucking on a dick, I want to be known as Jeff black, as opposed to a fem gay man.

If I want to (and forgive the stereotype please) make a remix with Dr.Dre while jumping in an orgy of 30 women and smoking crack, I want to be known as Jeff Black, as opposed to a Straight caucasian wannabe rapper/crackhead.

Labels are dumb and just promote people to stay in one place and not express themselves.

Gnashin Teefe

Sexy Member
Media

What he said ... expresses my feeling exactly.

BTW Countryguy63: Really like your pics. I'm in San Jose area - where r u?

BiggerInTexas8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Labels limit who you are and what you can do. I'm not a fan. I personally would like to be known as who I am, and not be lumped into a group based on how I feel on that day.

Example, if I want to start knitting, while sucking on a dick, I want to be known as Jeff black, as opposed to a fem gay man.

If I want to (and forgive the stereotype please) make a remix with Dr.Dre while jumping in an orgy of 30 women and smoking crack, I want to be known as Jeff Black, as opposed to a Straight caucasian wannabe rapper/crackhead.

Labels are dumb and just promote people to stay in one place and not express themselves.

So what do you say when people ask if you are bisexual, gay, or straight or what your sexuality and sexual preference is? It's nice to be against sexual orientation labels in theory but the world does not run that way and everyone has one even if they claim that they do not.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Isn't it a bit wrong for someone to tell someone else what they are? I'm from the "who gives a shit and does it really matter" school of thought!

beezpeez

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i did mine as a joke to be funny,i am an artist who can appreciate the male form as well as the female.i have j/o with bi and gay guys before.i am cofortable with myself and who i am so i can understand where u are comming from.

in my adventures and this goes with all demographics,creed and race that a lot of "straight" males have experimented before and continue without the label hang up thing.i find that only real diva gay guys seem to get upset over this stuff!

flame me but just my opinion.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
So what do you say when people ask if you are bisexual, gay, or straight or what your sexuality and sexual preference is? It's nice to be against sexual orientation labels in theory but the world does not run that way and everyone has one even if they claim that they do not.

Honestly, I tell them it depends on my mood. I know that works for me, because of my interest in both genders... but I would personally hate to say, "Oh, I like women more" and then spend 9 months with a guy.

HairyTXdude

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I personally am bi-sexual, but like men more, so its just easier to tell my family Im gay than to explain why i choose a girl over "the right choice" being a girl, and i am a tad feminine at time so when i tell ppl im Bi the usually argue that "no im gay and in the closet" so i just started saying gay than to argue with ppl, its easier...in my personal opinion anywho