What's With Men "Owning" Women Sexually

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Uh, not to split semantical hairs, but, isn't "giving up control" the definition of submissive?

You've never played in a BDSM scene that's clear.

The sub is always in control,if he/she says it's over or stop then that's what happens.And you don't own a sub unless they allow it.

So who do you think is in control?And who owns who?:cool:

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
I dont like the idea of telling the guy do this, do that, you're not doing it right, etc, but its certainly not like im just laying there expecting him to do all the work :cool:

ahh... i was going to pick on something you said but then read a later post and took back what i said. :p

its all good. lol.

Last edited:

Nekoman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You've never played in a BDSM scene that's clear.

The sub is always in control,if he/she says it's over or stop then that's what happens.And you don't own a sub unless they allow it.

So who do you think is in control?And who owns who?:cool:

Right! Maybe I will...

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
my enjoyment of being tied up & slapped about a bit doesn't mean i'm not my own person. and if i say stop then it stops.

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think all that began when Eve gave Adam an apple. Instead of thank you, he probably said "MINE" and thumped his chest a few times. :)

Seriously though, I'm happily married and feel completely fine with being "owned" when in bed and out. He never says anything about "owing me" but he does and knows it. I guess I own him, too so it's all good.

Yorkylass

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I dont particularly think owning us the best terminology for it but I do like to be dominated. I have been with guys who liked varying levels of domination and I very much like being the one submitting myself and being his toy

Sassy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thinking back, it was the most dominant men (in their professional life) who liked me taking charge in the bedroom (and anywhere else!!!).

Aren't many professionally dominant men attracted to the services of a dominatrix, with whom they can be submissive?

Curiousguy01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think some people are taking this way to literally. Even the OP. Its definitely a trust thing, and in my experience its understood and just kinda the way I am to joke about it. I have literally said something so stupid but at the time it made sense like "I own you" and she liked it in that sense. The difference lays in the fact that I care so much for my partner and its usually understood. Just sort of works out that way i guess. It is a total control thing, and the phrase is basically just a tease. Not like I actually take the "owning" seriously, its just playful banter and not disrespectful in anyway. I'm not sure if this post is clear but responses on it will tell me.

Maia

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I like being dominated. My husband "owning" me during sex is hot. I love giving in to him totally. It's the ultimate trust level for me.
Ownership never leaves our house, it's not like I'm being led around on a leash at the mall. (now that I think of it, that's kind of hot too.)

Wow. Those are my sentiments, exactly. Even the last statement of not being led around on a leash... and then thinking that would actually be hot :redface:

Being owned (in this sense) is all about trust and the love. It feels great. To be desired in a way that makes my usually stoic man lose control and change into a savage beast... I just love it.

Reactions: octopod

ConnerM360

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In my opinion I think the focus of this thread went to deep into the Bondage/Submission stuff. Not to mention any poster who is in comitted relationship can't really use their current sexual partner as example since they are obviously not 'owning' in the same way that a few one night stands would be.

With that said, I think this is just a matter of symantics. Males have dominated females (not LITERALLY) in all of the last few centuries. If you want to take issue with the term 'owning' think about our terminology for what we say when we just had sex with a girl. "hit it", "tore it up", "beat it" or "beat that up", "tapped it". OR if a woman gets pregnant she gets "knocked up"? Our simple language denotes violence and dominance. This is a social issue that would involve how women change their last names to the males, how males name their cars and other objects by female names in a sense of ownership.

I apologize if I attempted to completely over answer the question but it is something else to think about rather than just saying that males are insecure. Its a host of societal factors. (One of which does include how it makes us feel more manly and its a good way to showoff to the friends)