What's with the freakin' weather...

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Summer weather in the UK is usually a matter of discontent for one reason or another but the last couple of months have been even more bonkers than usual.

Flash flooding or hailstones like marbles in January or Ferbruary is one thing, but this is July....anyone else been experiencing unusual weather?

This isn't about blaming it on climate change, I'm simply interested....

Scientific Alliance

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There are some striking amateur images of today's London hailstorm up at the BBC right now:

BBC NEWS | In Pictures | Flash hailstorm in South London

And as I type this post, this normally Mediterraneanesque enclave of Baden-Württemberg is around 15 degrees cooler than usual for this time of year... with an intense deluge making its presence felt outside. :rolleyes:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are some striking amateur images of today's London hailstorm up at the BBC right now:

BBC NEWS | In Pictures | Flash hailstorm in South London

And as I type this post, this normally Mediterraneanesque enclave of Baden-Württemberg is around 15 degrees cooler than usual for this time of year... with an intense deluge making its presence felt outside. :rolleyes:

I know, I had it up close and personal! For comparison and amusement, I've attached two pictures. One taken from the BBC site from today (July), the other taken in February by me.....:rolleyes:

Attachments

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Whether the weather be cold
Whether the weather be hot
Whether the weather
Whatever the weather
Whether we like it or not

- Supposedly an old English school children's rhyme.

ital8

Experimental Member
Media
I know that Texas and Oklahoma have been experiencing some significant flooding. I'm just curious to know how the remainder of the hurricane season is going to shape up. The peak is late August/Sept., so we'll see.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Well, I certainly wish it was a bit more wet and/or cooler around here! It's managed to get up to nearly a hundred degrees here for the last two weeks. It has rained some, and it may rain today, but it still isn't enough. To top it all off, it's been very windy lately and the dust storms are horrendous!:eek: Gawd, I hate summer!:biggrin:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know that Texas and Oklahoma have been experiencing some significant flooding. I'm just curious to know how the remainder of the hurricane season is going to shape up. The peak is late August/Sept., so we'll see.

I'm in San Antonio and it has been raining nearly every day here for some time. Strange, since it was so dry last year! I talk to my friends and family back in Indiana, and for once it's actually wetter here in Texas than it is in Indiana!