whats with these deodorants now?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by B_rzl, Sep 24, 2011.

1. B_rzl

B_rzl New Member

not sure if this is the right place, but could count as an appearance issue,
    i see more and more advertisements about some products for a 48-hour freshness, now garnier with a 72-hour fresh deodorant, toothpastes for 24hr fresh breath etc...
    so, the q is: do you regularly brush your teeth once a day, shower and apply deodorant every third? i understand it can happen a couple of times a year, but dont really see the point the rest of the time, im sure the garniers guy on the billboard showers a lot more often :)

Attached Files:

2. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

hahahhaaaa. never really paid attention to HOW LONG lasting they are... I'd think 24 hours would be MORE than sufficient for most people~

3. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have never really needed deodorant unless I have a suit on in the middle of summer. I think they are dangerous for us actually. I use Toms Natural.

4. D_Hairy Truman

D_Hairy Truman New Member

good point

5. dissolver

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That's interesting. I'd never thought about needing deo that last more than a day. And since I've been shaving my armpits regularly, I don't need to use much unless I'm doing something stressful like speaking in public.

6. aninnymouse

Gold Member

I don't know. I bathe daily whether I need to or not. I also use body spray and cologne as I see fit.

As far as the toothpaste and mouthwashes; maybe. I tend to fall asleep wherever after I get home from work. There's been many times I fall asleep on the couch with all the lights on, then heave myself up at 3am to go to bed. However, I always brush in the morning, and I have a liking for things like Altoids and mint/cinnamon gums, so my breath never stinks.

Still, if you need 3 day strong deodorant, there must be something going on with your body chemistry.

7. B_rzl

B_rzl New Member

well thank you all, im glad we agree on the subject. only i couldnt imagine my day with no rollon under my pits, sometimes im out and active for 15 hours, i dont want to know how would that stink...

8. kyberneticka

kyberneticka Member

Albums:
    Antiperspirants are allegedly dangerous, NOT deodorants. ...which everybody should use because I sure don't want to smell anybody's stank.

I haven't used an antiperspirant in 20 years because I don't have a wetness problem, but I do love the smell of a deodorized armpit a few hours after the product has been applied.

9. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    Garnier is a french company. Since they shower only once a month in france, they need more powerful deodorants/fragrances. :) :) :) :) :) ;-) ;-)

10. art

art
    Gold Member

Don't you know that more is always equated with better? Isn't that the premise of this site? Common sense has nothing to do with it.

11. alx

alx
    Gold Member

I've wondered this too. I use a roll-on which is "48hour protection". I guess it just sounds good and makes for another selling point regardless of its usefulness in practical terms. I think 12 hour protection is more than enough.

12. uncut1

uncut1 Member

Be carefull with the long lasting stuff,it could cause a rash if its to strong.I tried mitchum once (yeah I know) and I broke out bad because it clogged the pours so bad. I use arm and hammer powder because its cheaper then the trendy stuff.And here in Florida ya gotta use something because of the humidity.

13. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    for many people deodorant is a generic term for both

14. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well I wear the "clinical strength" kind...Im a stylist and my arm pits are alway in peoples faces when I shampoo their hair......I'm sure the appreciate that, I know I would.. !!!

15. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I use hair clippers to trim body hair as well as for my head. I run the clippers with no guard over the underarms each weekend after I cut the hair on my head. For the past 20 years, I haven't needed deodorant. I'm convinced that it's the hair that is responsible for the odor. If you're not attached to your underarm hair, keep it trimmed and save the money on deodorant. My pits feel better without the hair anyway.

16. Truck

Truck New Member

What Deodorant can I use that isn't an antiperspirant? I never see anything at my local stores

17. B_rzl

B_rzl New Member

antiperspirans are all powdery when you spray them onto paper, and feel greasy-sort-of on your fingers. they should help you sweat less. just plane deodorants are basically just alcohol and they sting and hurt (me at least), and they just should cover the smell. i usually use rexona, nivea, above posted garnier, they are antip. but some like adidas, some older nivea, fa etc thats deodorant. i agree with the above that i also usually call everything just deodorant...

18. kyberneticka

kyberneticka Member

Albums:
    most of them come in a deodorant-only form. All the Old Spice stuff does, and there's a couple that smell really good. Just make sure the label says "Deodorant" and not "Antiperspirant"

19. nudeyorker

Gold Member

20. bimetaldude

bimetaldude Member

Albums:
    Not sure. I do not use deodorant. I do not stink if and when i sweat

Draft saved Draft deleted