whats with these deodorants now?

B_rzl

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
not sure if this is the right place, but could count as an appearance issue,
i see more and more advertisements about some products for a 48-hour freshness, now garnier with a 72-hour fresh deodorant, toothpastes for 24hr fresh breath etc...
so, the q is: do you regularly brush your teeth once a day, shower and apply deodorant every third? i understand it can happen a couple of times a year, but dont really see the point the rest of the time, im sure the garniers guy on the billboard showers a lot more often :)

Attachments

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I don't know. I bathe daily whether I need to or not. I also use body spray and cologne as I see fit.

As far as the toothpaste and mouthwashes; maybe. I tend to fall asleep wherever after I get home from work. There's been many times I fall asleep on the couch with all the lights on, then heave myself up at 3am to go to bed. However, I always brush in the morning, and I have a liking for things like Altoids and mint/cinnamon gums, so my breath never stinks.

Still, if you need 3 day strong deodorant, there must be something going on with your body chemistry.

B_rzl

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
well thank you all, im glad we agree on the subject. only i couldnt imagine my day with no rollon under my pits, sometimes im out and active for 15 hours, i dont want to know how would that stink...

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have never really needed deodorant unless I have a suit on in the middle of summer. I think they are dangerous for us actually. I use Toms Natural.

Antiperspirants are allegedly dangerous, NOT deodorants. ...which everybody should use because I sure don't want to smell anybody's stank.

I haven't used an antiperspirant in 20 years because I don't have a wetness problem, but I do love the smell of a deodorized armpit a few hours after the product has been applied.

S

SirConcis

Garnier is a french company. Since they shower only once a month in france, they need more powerful deodorants/fragrances. :) :) :) :) :) ;-) ;-)

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Don't you know that more is always equated with better? Isn't that the premise of this site? Common sense has nothing to do with it.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've wondered this too. I use a roll-on which is "48hour protection". I guess it just sounds good and makes for another selling point regardless of its usefulness in practical terms. I think 12 hour protection is more than enough.

uncut1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Be carefull with the long lasting stuff,it could cause a rash if its to strong.I tried mitchum once (yeah I know) and I broke out bad because it clogged the pours so bad. I use arm and hammer powder because its cheaper then the trendy stuff.And here in Florida ya gotta use something because of the humidity.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Antiperspirants are allegedly dangerous, NOT deodorants. ...which everybody should use because I sure don't want to smell anybody's stank.

I haven't used an antiperspirant in 20 years because I don't have a wetness problem, but I do love the smell of a deodorized armpit a few hours after the product has been applied.

for many people deodorant is a generic term for both

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And since I've been shaving my armpits regularly, I don't need to use much unless I'm doing something stressful like speaking in public.
I use hair clippers to trim body hair as well as for my head. I run the clippers with no guard over the underarms each weekend after I cut the hair on my head. For the past 20 years, I haven't needed deodorant. I'm convinced that it's the hair that is responsible for the odor. If you're not attached to your underarm hair, keep it trimmed and save the money on deodorant. My pits feel better without the hair anyway.

Truck

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What Deodorant can I use that isn't an antiperspirant? I never see anything at my local stores

B_rzl

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
antiperspirans are all powdery when you spray them onto paper, and feel greasy-sort-of on your fingers. they should help you sweat less. just plane deodorants are basically just alcohol and they sting and hurt (me at least), and they just should cover the smell. i usually use rexona, nivea, above posted garnier, they are antip. but some like adidas, some older nivea, fa etc thats deodorant. i agree with the above that i also usually call everything just deodorant...

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What Deodorant can I use that isn't an antiperspirant? I never see anything at my local stores

most of them come in a deodorant-only form. All the Old Spice stuff does, and there's a couple that smell really good. Just make sure the label says "Deodorant" and not "Antiperspirant"