What's worse bad customer service or bad customers?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I got a message from my Mother's doctor's office on my answering machine. It said that her appointment had to be pushed back a week and that I should call to acknowledge the new appointment date. I called and was told to call back another day because the computer was down. At first I said okay, then called right back and told them to take a note if they had to, but I could not call back. I was upset that they asked me for a courtesy call, but would not extend the courtesy of dealing with the situation at the time. I notice that many times that people say they can't do something it is because they just don't want to do it.

The bad customer I saw was at a friend chicken fast food place. A lady walked back in and said the chicken pieces she had gotten were too small and they threw out what she had and gave her new chicken.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good lord you really are not only insufferable but insane as well Are you and AVALONLUVLUV twins?

Now let me take you through things slooooooooooooooooooooowly so you might be able to understand
I got a message from my Mother's doctor's office on my answering machine. It said that her appointment had to be pushed back a week and that I should call to acknowledge the new appointment date.
This was very nice of them You should be showing some gratitude
I called and was told to call back another day because the computer was down.
Yup these things do happen It's one of this bad things about technology and computers When a computer system is down little to no work can be done
At first I said okay, then called right back and told them to take a note if they had to, but I could not call back. I was upset that they asked me for a courtesy call, but would not extend the courtesy of dealing with the situation at the time.
Let me help you here Sherlock Clueless In your first call they explained that the computer was DOWN they could not confirm any thing which would be found listed in the compurer At that time they are llimited to what they can do Let me explain this to you in simplest terms: THEY DID NOTHING WRONG.
I notice that many times that people say they can't do something it is because they just don't want to do it.
However in this case it is not that they necessarily did not want to they told you the computer system was down so stop whining at get on with life.

The bad customer I saw was at a friend chicken fast food place. A lady walked back in and said the chicken pieces she had gotten were too small and they threw out what she had and gave her new chicken.
In many industries of the service there is a saying that the customer is always right Although it is sad that food needed to be thrown away since there is no idea what the customer may have done outside Kennedy Fried Chicken it is what had to be done In the overall picture your so called bad customer may be doing the chicken place a favor by making them examine the quality of their own product They may work better at making sure all chicken pieces are larger or at least all pieces in the place are of equal size so no customer can complain about being cheated You will neeed to do better at showing me a bad customer This one is helping improve the quality standards at the store.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Good lord you really are not only insufferable but insane as well Are you and AVALONLUVLUV twins?

You are a Maniacal Mad Man. A pessimistic person consumed by hate. You especially hate other gay people who are not miserable like you.

Now let me take you through things slowly so you might be able to understand
This was very nice of them You should be showing some gratitude

No, they were not doing it to be nice. It is their job inform that an appointment made 6 weeks ago need to be cancelled and rescheduled.

Yup these things do happen It's one of this bad things about technology and computers When a computer system is down little to no work can be done Let me help you here Sherlock Clueless In your first call they explained that the computer was DOWN they could not confirm any thing which would be found listed in the computer At that time they are limited to what they can do Let me explain this to you in simplest terms: THEY DID NOTHING WRONG. However in this case it is not that they necessarily did not want to they told you the computer system was down so stop whining at get on with life.

I was upset because it was Friday and they use that day to do some lab tests in the morning and do not see patients on that day. The computer was probably off and they did not want to turn it on. They just like to sit around on Friday and do nothing at that office. They should have a backup on paper of appointments.

In many industries of the service there is a saying that the customer is always right Although it is sad that food needed to be thrown away since there is no idea what the customer may have done outside Kennedy Fried Chicken it is what had to be done In the overall picture your so called bad customer may be doing the chicken place a favor by making them examine the quality of their own product They may work better at making sure all chicken pieces are larger or at least all pieces in the place are of equal size so no customer can complain about being cheated You will need to do better at showing me a bad customer This one is helping improve the quality standards at the store.

Find your own examples, I'm sure you are a terrible customer who feels he needs to belittle service workers to feel better.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been on both sides of that issue - in a customer-service job dealing with bad customers, and being a customer dealing with bad customer service.

When I was first hired by Southwest Airlines, the training was long, intensive, and heavy on customer service. I was a reservation sales agent, and worked in a call center. This was when the only thing a customer could do online was make a reservation, and SWA had no automated phone lines for flight info, etc. They were super-strict about customer service, and the quality assurance supervisors listened in on every agent 3 times a month (we didn't know until after a call that it was monitored). Two of those times, the QA just listened, and gave constructive criticism immediately after the call. One of the three times, all your calls on your shift were recorded. You then had to go to the QA's office, and listen to the recording. You listened to the recordings until you had at least one sales call and two information calls, or two sales calls. There was a sheet with a checklist with required items (answer the call and greet the customer properly, ask for information, provide accurate information, friendliness, professionalism, ask for a sale if appropriate, etc.), optional items, and a space for good or bad comments. The list of required items was about 12; if you missed 1 or 2, you got a warning; 3 or 4, you went immediately to recurrent training. It was really tough and demanding work. Some things could result in immediate termination on the spot. You can probably guess what those were. Ah, the stories I could tell! Maybe one of these days I'll start a thread about some of the more memorable calls I got.

On the other side, I always try to be a good, patient, and courteous customer; but I don't tolerate bad customer service. I understand what it's like to have a really bad customer, or several bad ones in a row, or to just be having a bad day... but when you work in customer service, it is absolutely unacceptable to take out your frustrations on a customer when it's not that person's fault.

huw ginnit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Manners are the route to good service. Be polite to people and they generally treat you well, goes both ways for customer and service provider.

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
mem, you're delusional. You could write a dissertation on somebody stepping in front of you while walking down the street. Do you have any real problems whatsoever?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Bad customers are a given.

Bad customer service is unforgiveable.[/quote]

In my area it is tolerated. At supermarkets and stores you would be surprised to hear a cashier say thank you after your order, or have them say you're welcome after you say thank you.

One time I had to get a money order and the lady was alone and she was chatting on the phone in a personal phone call. She just ignored me for several minutes. When I tapped on the window she started yelling at me and said she would not help me and that her cousin owned the place.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
mem, you're delusional. You could write a dissertation on somebody stepping in front of you while walking down the street. Do you have any real problems whatsoever?

Yes, my real problem is that I am not a male cross-dresser. Your screen name screams your problem. My other problem is that I am not delusional.

I can understand that someone quite irate who is mad at the world and the real problems that they created is delusional.

I got 99 Problems but a Bitch aint one.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
On the other side, I always try to be a good, patient, and courteous customer; but I don't tolerate bad customer service.

Same here. As a customer I try to stay within established guidelines and common sense in working with cutomer service. I have found that automatic antagonism generally ain't nearly as effective in getting problems resolved. That's usually sufficient.

Still, the consumer has to stay watchful. There have been times when I've had to get aggressive after receiving shoddy service. Some consumers may be docile or asleep-at-the-wheel in the face of poor service but not this one. I'm not afraid to raise a ruckus, complain to higher management, or even contact government regulators in order to get satisfaction.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Bad customer service is worse. It's rampant, and it's their job to provide you good service. For people who like to bitch about dealing with bad customers all the time, fuck them. That's their job. They're getting paid. The customers aren't getting paid by anyone to put up with their bullshit.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Most of the bad customer service I've ever dealt with was with the public utilities, and phone companies are the WORST. But with the gas and electric utilities, the seem to think that they have you by the short hairs, you have no options, and if you don't like it when they are shitty to you, you can fuck off and do without.

As far as service industry customer care, my worst experience was at (big surprise) Landry's Seafood in Memphis TN. A good friend and I had gone for the Memphis in May festival. We went looking for a place to eat, and most of the places we wanted to go had people lined up out the door and down the sidewalk. We reluctantly chose Landry's, as it didn't look quite as busy. Big mistake #1. We went in, no one in front of us, but the cashier and hostess were both nowhere to be found. We waited a bit, and the hostess finally showed up, and seated us on the patio. We waited a while longer, when I noticed a busboy, a waiter, and a waitress pointing at us and arguing. Apparently, no one wanted to be our server for the evening. Eventually, the waiter came to our table, and took our order. 20 minutes (and no beverages) later, he brought out our food - but mine was not what I ordered, and if it had not been something I was deathly allergic to, I would have just gone ahead and eaten it, but I had to send it back. I really didn't want to die that evening. I told my friend to go ahead and "enjoy" hers while it was still hot. 25 minutes later, my food arrived. Still no beverages. I was starving, but by that time, I was worried that something unsavory might have happened to my food, so I didn't eat. I tried for about 10 minutes to flag down a server, any server, to ask for our check. No go. I went back to the hostess station, no one there. I went back to our table, and told my friend it was time for us to leave. Neither of us felt very badly about leaving without paying or tipping. Absolutely the worst restaurant experience ever. That's the only time in my life I've ever left an establishment without paying.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would have to say bad customers are worse because they often lead to the causes of bad customer service.

Having to manage people in a Customer Service environment, I have had some super people that either burn out or get disgruntled for all the bad customers they may get, hence they start giving bad customer service.

It's kind of a "which came first, the chicken or the egg" type of question really.

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yes, my real problem is that I am not a male cross-dresser. Your screen name screams your problem. My other problem is that I am not delusional.

I can understand that someone quite irate who is mad at the world and the real problems that they created is delusional.

I got 99 Problems but a Bitch aint one.
I'm sure many of the people who don't like you on this site would at least partially forgive you if you admitted that you're underage and/or very juvenile. Even if you aren't underage, it would still work for everyone. LPSG would hate you less, and you'd be banned. Everybody wins.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Honestly, some customers you want to treat poorly so they just go away. Heap them onto the competition. It's like flinging a catapult of diseased bodies onto your enemies.

You only kiss ass to big tippers or people that count. That is how capitalism works. You don't actually want to work for your money do you? All the rest of the hoi polloi you can treat as you like. You get no points for being nice.

I went once to a restaurant with a known food reviewer from a small town newspaper and went back without her. Guess which meal was better. Some people are just more equal than others. Unfortunately people who shop at places with atrocious service like WalMart are at the bottom of the food chain. You get what you pay for.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sure many of the people who don't like you on this site would at least partially forgive you if you admitted that you're underage and/or very juvenile. Even if you aren't underage, it would still work for everyone. LPSG would hate you less, and you'd be banned. Everybody wins.
Now, now, quite irate... don't pour fuel on a non-existent fire. Mem already has enough of an inferiority complex around here, don't go claiming that LPSG hates him.

He has been much better behaved of late. Let him be.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I handled customer service for a web site, I always assumed that the customer was right, and gave them top service -- one for one they always turned into GREAT customers and gave glowing referrals for the web site.

Customers DEPEND on a company to help them out. When you treat a customer badly, you're not just being rude to someone on the street, you are denying a customer access to something that they NEED.

So bad customer service is way, WAY worse.

PS: Luv ya, mem!

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Honestly, some customers you want to treat poorly so they just go away. Heap them onto the competition. It's like flinging a catapult of diseased bodies onto your enemies.

You only kiss ass to big tippers or people that count. That is how capitalism works. You don't actually want to work for your money do you? All the rest of the hoi polloi you can treat as you like. You get no points for being nice.

I went once to a restaurant with a known food reviewer from a small town newspaper and went back without her. Guess which meal was better. Some people are just more equal than others. Unfortunately people who shop at places with atrocious service like WalMart are at the bottom of the food chain. You get what you pay for.

Very true. I love people who complain about customer service at Costco. It makes me want to yell "It's cheap folks, what more do you want for little money?"

Now, now, quite irate... don't pour fuel on a non-existent fire. Mem already has enough of an inferiority complex around here, don't go claiming that LPSG hates him.

He has been much better behaved of late. Let him be.

You big lionhearted peace keeper you. :smile:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Very true. I love people who complain about customer service at Costco. It makes me want to yell "It's cheap folks, what more do you want for little money?"
The funny thing is, I shop at Costco on a regular basis, and they've always been surprisingly good and helpful... well, except that at the customer service desk, they tend to be slow. But at least they are friendly.
You big lionhearted peace keeper you. :smile:
Why you say that? You finna ruin my fine reputation as a grumpasaurus.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Bad customer service is worse. It's rampant, and it's their job to provide you good service. For people who like to bitch about dealing with bad customers all the time, fuck them. That's their job. They're getting paid. The customers aren't getting paid by anyone to put up with their bullshit.

What Nic said. The customer is always paying.