What's worse, growing pot or sexually abusing the elderly?

What's worst, owning 40 g of marijuana or abusing/torturing the elderly

• Total voters

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In Minnesota, possession of 42.5 grams of marijuana constitutes a felony.

HOWEVER

Physically abusing, sexually abusing and torturing the elderly, and failing to report all if the above are misdemeanors.

Broitzman and Larson were charged Monday with fifth-degree assault, abuse of a vulnerable adult by a caregiver, abuse of a vulnerable adult with sexual contact, disorderly conduct and failing to report suspected maltreatment. All are gross misdemeanors, with a maximum penalty of a year in jail and a $3,000 fine for each count.

What's with the fancy ass wording? Abuse of a vulnerable adult by a caregiver? They fucking TORTURED these people, why give it a fancy, non-threatening name Abuse of a vulnerable adult with sexual contact? Nope, how 'bout SEXUAL ABUSE?

The story:

A criminal complaint filed Monday says they also laughed together early this year as they spat in residents' mouths, poked and groped their breasts and genitals and at times taunted them until they screamed -- or witnessed those events.

Misdemeanors? Wait, lemme try that again. MISDEMEANORS?!?!
That's a complete insult to the victims of these crimes and their families. No wonder people love committing crimes so much nowadays, it barely pays. I know people who went to jail or PRISON for victimless crimes, but sexually abusing the elderly...nahhh....that's just a misdemeanor.

I would say that I hope the girls are punished to the full extent of the law but if they have no priors the chances are they might just get probation, at most I imagine them getting reduced sentences.

I wish we had a bang-my-head-against-the-wall smiley.

Last edited:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Worse in what sense?

I mean, you can make a career out of growing pot - I've seen it done. But I don't imagine you could ever make money from abusing the elderly - unless you were a dominatrix or something like that. So that would seem to be a worse option.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Worse in what sense?

Unless you plan on using the pot to get people high so you can molest them, the distinction should be clear. Who's victimized by growing pot?
In my last apt. complex there was a young couple growing pot. I never once felt any pain or distress.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
People who prey on the very young & very old in society need to be treated like the cowardly scum they really are. Their crimes towards the vulnerable show a sickness that is worthy of additional punishment. A public flogging even.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
^No. Apparently when you do it to the elderly we give the offenses cutesy, non-threatening, technical names and designate them a misdemeanor. Guess dignity is too much to ask for, from the girls or the law.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Crimes against the elderly,retarded and children are just so heinous that they should not be a frigging misdemeanor it should be a felony like in a few states.
These people should be brought out in public and
have people commit the same atrocities on them
as they did on their victims.
Then they should be stoned and imprisoned if they live.
My views on drugs are that they should all be legal to those over age 21 and have tax's collected on them.
We would'nt have a deficit if f we did that would we?
C.B.:saevil:

Last edited:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm upset that their names aren't being released, who fucking cares? They gave up their right to not be public figures when they collectively decided to spit in old people's mouths and fondle them. Of course Minnesota doesn't consider that a serious crime. Minnesota, what's up? Are yall on crack?

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Minnesota is a "little" different - All Americans should be glad you have North Dakota right next door to them to keep them in check - and we're TRYING!! (but it's hard...very hard:usa2:) If only they'd stop boiling that LUTEFISK! It's chemical warfare on a Scandanavian level!

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
nice... draw a parallel to a flat law to one court case.

OJ slit the throat of someone and walked free, while two kids stealing a garden hose got one night in juve....

very easy to play that game.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Crimes against the elderly,retarded and children are just so heinous that they should not be a frigging misdemeanor it should be a felony like in a few states.
These people should be brought out in public and
have people commit the same atrocities on them
as they did on their victims.
Then they should be stoned and imprisoned if they live.
My views on drugs are that they should all be legal to those over age 21 and have tax's collected on them.
We would'nt have a deficit if f we did that would we?
C.B.:saevil:

what she said

(takes a similar opportunity to pat one's own morales on the perverbial back)

juggling kittens is wrong, too.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
marley... please research and post the law on both crimes...

and likewise... would be good to see the outcomes where ppl got off on both ridiculously.

your "pot > beating elderly" is like "OJ slitting throats < theft of a Ford Pinto".

inciteful. not insightful.

my guess, is many North Star folk found with 40 grams of Purple-Haired Indica has resulted in probation....

take your thumb off the carb now.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
marley... please research and post the law on both crimes...

I did so for the marijuana related offenses, my other source was the article itself which listed the offenses committed as misdemeanors. If you want any other information, take your lazy ass on over to google.

and likewise... would be good to see the outcomes where ppl got off on both ridiculously.

Goddamn do I need to do this for every thread? Cover every minute detail? No, I don't, you're just fuckin' with me. Go suck a cock.

inciteful. not insightful.

What am I trying to incite?

take your thumb off the carb now.

I wish, I haven't smoked pot in ages. Feel free to stop making assumptions right...........................................................now.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The answer to your question should be obvious to all.

However, we continue to elect people who are totally out of touch.

What you fail to realize is there may be more than just lack of common sense and justice at work. There is a lobby for the nursing home industry (the nursing home where the abuse took place is liable for the actions of its employees) which has a vested interest in having such abuse classified as a misdemeanor.

In NY State it is illegal to bring a camera or video camera to a nursing home.
At $10,000 a month for care - Do not document any criminal abuse of your loved ones.
There are signs which inform you of the law when you enter the home.