What's worse, growing pot or sexually abusing the elderly?

What's worst, owning 40 g of marijuana or abusing/torturing the elderly

• Total voters

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BTW Faceking, who called ME inciteful, would you care to explain your vote that pot is worse than abusing the elderly, or was your vote just inciteful?

:rolleyes:

It was to give your stupid poll a fly in the ointment.. as it was pointless to begin with.

I know the right answer to the question. It was to make a point.

Likewise.. I should start a poll...

"What's worse? Slitting someone's throat, or stealing a garden hose?".. then pull out the OJ case.

Taking the flat law vs some fucked up judicial outcome.

What was your point then...???? Marley... are you more concerned about the elderly crime... if so... then just bring that up. Or was it to point out that marijuana usage is treated unfairly.

Since you [allllllllegedly] don't smoke pot... the street value of 48 grams of pot is about $1000, give or take. Last I checked... typical users were buying 8ths.

and apologies if you aren't a pot head... bad assumption on my part.

Again.... I'm curious if you are honestly outraged and/or why you picked marijuana on the other dish of the judicial scales (since you've never done it).

suprdave

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I wish, I haven't smoked pot in ages. Feel free to stop making assumptions right...........................................................now.[/quote]

i think its time to start again marley:wink: it will calm you down:biggrin1: j/k
love your humor

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The answer to your question should be obvious to all.

However, we continue to elect people who are totally out of touch.

What you fail to realize is there may be more than just lack of common sense and justice at work. There is a lobby for the nursing home industry (the nursing home where the abuse took place is liable for the actions of its employees) which has a vested interest in having such abuse classified as a misdemeanor.

In NY State it is illegal to bring a camera or video camera to a nursing home.
At $10,000 a month for care - Do not document any criminal abuse of your loved ones.
There are signs which inform you of the law when you enter the home.

Great post, you've got more sense in this one that starinvestor has shown all day. Do you offer an evening class he can take?

Taking the flat law vs some fucked up judicial outcome.

This isn't flat law vs. judicial outcome, it's flat law vs. flat law. What the fuck is wrong with your reading comprehension? I'm not repeating myself for the remedial.

What was your point then...???? Marley... are you more concerned about the elderly crime... if so... then just bring that up. Or was it to point out that marijuana usage is treated unfairly.

Duh! I'm more concerned about the pot, NOTHING interests me more than the marijuana laws of Minnesota, a state that's several hundred miles away from me.

Listen fuckbag, believe it or not, I'm genuinely outraged by the fact that these people were not only disrespected by their caretakers, but by the law which considers their abuse a misdemeanor. I brought up marijuana because everybody knows what it is, many people think it's harmless, yet the possession of it is a felony while abusing the elderly isn't. My dad just turned 50 this year, he's probably going to be in a home in a decade or two, I hate to think that people spitting in his mouth and grabbing his genitals warrants less punishment than somebody possessing a bunch of fucking plants. That to me says "We don't give a flying fuck about the people who pay our salaries or tax dollars."

I didn't bother reading the rest of your post. You're not intellectually stimulating, you're a predictable troll that contributes NOTHING except feeble attempts to rile people up. I'm going to find a new friend, you've been replaced.

Last edited:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Elderly abuse is something we should all be more aware of. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, marley.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unless you plan on using the pot to get people high so you can molest them, the distinction should be clear.
Please don't give these sick freaks any ideas.

In my last apt. complex there was a young couple growing pot. I never once felt any pain or distress.[/quote]Of course not, you had a contact high. :tongue::biggrin1:

People who prey on the very young & very old in society need to be treated like the cowardly scum they really are. Their crimes towards the vulnerable show a sickness that is worthy of additional punishment. A public flogging even.
Stop the presses. I agree 110% with Xcuze on this topic. Though as an American I'm partial to throwing the deviant cretins in the stocks.

Minnesota is a "little" different - All Americans should be glad you have North Dakota right next door to them to keep them in check - and we're TRYING!!
(but it's hard...very hard:usa2:) If only they'd stop boiling that LUTEFISK! It's chemical warfare on a Scandanavian level!
Anything you eat that's cooked in lye is bound to make you crazy.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't see whats wrong with either offense. After a certain age any sex at all would probably be welcome, wouldn't ya think.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
There isn't even a contest here.By far it is the nursing home abusers. who have committed the worst crimes. Why? the person making the choice to smoke pot is the person smoking it. No one has tied them down and forced them to inhale the smoke or pot It has been a voluntary act on the part of the person smoking pot. The pot dealer isn't a saint either. But do pot dealers go around forcing young people to smoke? They use methods to entice them to smoke the pot, but again, the choice is still the person who decides to smoke it.

The nursing home situation is drastically different. These elderly people are being abused against their will.

To me, the harsher punishment goes to the one inflicting pain and other duress that the abusers have inflicted. The abusers haven't enticed these elderly people to do something the elderly believe is fun. These abusers have started serious abuse acts that are, without a doubt, acts that the elderly adults don't want and are fighting the abuse the best they can.

No sane person would agree that abusing the elderly is morally OK. The question how bad pot may or may not be or even if pot might be beneficial has no bearing in this case.

This comparison should be first about forced acts vs. voluntary acts. This adult abuse is akin to "legal" kidnapping.

I can't imagine why there is even a discussion about it. Clearly the lawmakers in this state don't know their heads from their assholes when it comes to making laws that are suppose to have justice that match the crimes committed.

Last edited:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There isn't even a contest here.By far it is the nursing home abusers. who have committed the worst crimes. Why? the person making the choice to smoke pot is the person smoking it. No one has tied them down and forced them to inhale the smoke or pot It has been a voluntary act on the part of the person smoking pot. The pot dealer isn't a saint either. But do pot dealers go around forcing young people to smoke? They use methods to entice them to smoke the pot, but again, the choice is still the person who decides to smoke it.

Good point. I didn't want to use their suffrage as an excuse to promote marijuana (which I don't smoke anyway) but I'm drawing a comparison between a marginally victimless crime that elicits harsher punishment than sexual abuse and torture. After the Guantanemo Bay fiasco, I guess it's clear that some parts of America don't mind a little torture. Obviously there's an injustice here, and reducing these crimes to gross misdemeanors is just as disrespectful to the victims as what these girls did to them.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My views on drugs are that they should all be legal to those over age 21 and have tax's collected on them.
We would'nt have a deficit if f we did that would we?
C.B.:saevil:
You got that right! If you ever run for office, I'll vote for you!