what's wrong with our society?

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I am on unemployment now, but the other option is to go back to live with my parents! Not a good idea, especially considering they live in a rural area where there are no jobs in my field at all!

Unfortunately, I do have a (rather large) balance on my credit cards, due to moving, car repairs, and dental expenses not covered by insurance. I don't default on my credit though - I have always paid my bill on time.

I have had car loans, but now fortunately my car is paid off. However, it has many problems that I will need to get fixed again, and has over 100,000 miles on it. I will need a new car fairly soon. Hopefully I will have a job by then! I always buy economy cars. I've had 4 cars and they have all been small economy cars. The first two I bought used and the last two I bought new (but never defaulted on my car payments - I had a steady job when I bought the last two cars).

losangelestim

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
first i blame republicans
then i blame protestants
third i blame women
fourth i blame canadians
fifth i blame uninsured drivers
sixth i blame bad spellers
seventh i blame rap. all rap.
eighth i blame the republicans again, because they deserve it.
ninth i blame all those who voted for nader
tenth i blame the democrats

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
Among educated people there's quite a bit of doubt about this assertion. Unless you've been educated by the current crop of idiots, that is.
What current crop of idiots. The happy go lucky crowd of Santa Cruz? Or are you suggesting that ther is a crop of high profile idiots teaching radical ideas to the mainstream, If that is the case then I would like to see this crop of idiots...If you can show me these ideas in the mainstream being applied to everyday life, I will sell my cars, guitar amps that I don't need, and anything else that is tying me down to this hollow fucking society and give you the money I get, cause Goddamn, I didn't know we were that close to fixing the problem.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
what's wrong with our society?
TOO MUCH LEGISLATION
what principles do you think need to be implamented for a better liberal society?
Read JS MILL - he had the right idea
should there be forces in place to stop the church (or any religion) from say theraputic cloning is wrong, it can save many 100,000s of lives!
Cloning research kills 100,000 of lives - where's the morality in that? why are those lives less important?
politically, what is more important, giveing 2 men or 2 women the right to marry, or being politically correct about religion? (i.e. islam has caused many terrorist attacks, should be be weary of the religion? which is obviously prone to extreamism. if so why do we allow religion at all?)
See point two - read Mill - he explains it far better than I ever could
why don't we discuss sex openly in public, i do and why do we sit around our computer at night and pretend that we don't know about this site. i don't
and the reason it's in discrimation is because discrimination is what may gay and lesbians tend to get still. what?
your political thoughts...please

Liberty, liberty, liberty - we have fuck all left - that is the problem.

wingnut84

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Among educated people there's quite a bit of doubt about this assertion. Unless you've been educated by the current crop of idiots, that is.

I apologize. Don't let me bother you. Go back to watching Monday night football and going on your weekly shopping binges that always leave you feeling hollow and empty inside. Wonder why all the shit you accumulate doesn't make you happy. Make sure your children learn to value possessions above all else. Do all this while you rape the environment and other living beings both indirectly and directly. Be sure to call anyone who doesn't agree with your wasteful and unfulfilling lifestyle "idiots."

wingnut84

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
lol. Another word junkie apparently. I suppose you would prefer I babbble on and on about how there is merit to traditional values and how so called progressive thinking which seems to think government should fix everything yet when it tries it usually just makes things worse and blah blah...

Not my style. There are viewers that new exactly what I meant without me wasting more of my nor their time than necessary.

Contrary to what some people think points are not necessarily improved upon by the number of words required to make them.

I never claimed to ask you to expound upon "traditional values" and "progressive thinking" (whatever the fuck those terms mean). I asked you to contribute something to the discussion besides insults. I don't claim to have all the answers, but at least I'm trying to find them instead of denigrating those who are.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
I never claimed to ask you to expound upon "traditional values" and "progressive thinking" (whatever the fuck those terms mean). I asked you to contribute something to the discussion besides insults. I don't claim to have all the answers, but at least I'm trying to find them instead of denigrating those who are.

Well done sir. Didn't puss out. I probably like you.

B_buhballs

Just Browsing
Media
What current crop of idiots. The happy go lucky crowd of Santa Cruz? Or are you suggesting that ther is a crop of high profile idiots teaching radical ideas to the mainstream, If that is the case then I would like to see this crop of idiots...If you can show me these ideas in the mainstream being applied to everyday life, I will sell my cars, guitar amps that I don't need, and anything else that is tying me down to this hollow fucking society and give you the money I get, cause Goddamn, I didn't know we were that close to fixing the problem.

Maybe you should get on with it instead of sitting around waiting for someone to show you something.

B_buhballs

Just Browsing
Media
I apologize. Don't let me bother you. Go back to watching Monday night football and going on your weekly shopping binges that always leave you feeling hollow and empty inside. Wonder why all the shit you accumulate doesn't make you happy. Make sure your children learn to value possessions above all else. Do all this while you rape the environment and other living beings both indirectly and directly. Be sure to call anyone who doesn't agree with your wasteful and unfulfilling lifestyle "idiots."

Thanks, will do.

And you go ahead with that program of insulting all those other people who haven't made a wreck of their lives like you have. Be sure to stay hydrated, though. It's thirsty work keeping yourself up on so high a pedestal.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
Maybe you should get on with it instead of sitting around waiting for someone to show you something.

I have got on with it, but thanks to the prevailing attitude of buying into the idea that we are required to buy shit to make us happy, society continues to revolve around the exchange of pieces of green paper. I therefore am not going to give up my possesions or money yet. I live in SoCal, so it is almost required to have a car. Mine happens to be a 1970 Cadillac. Not very efficient. But at least I have no payment. And I travel in a certain decayed rusty style. I don't like paying for gas. I have made a concientious decision to aquire pieces of green paper in ways that don't support capitalism. If society is going to exploit the earth, I will exploit it. I'm not sure how much more getting on with it I can do.