whats your christmas menu?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by bottombuddy, Dec 14, 2007.

1. bottombuddy

bottombuddy Member

will you be having a traditional christmas meal this year or something different and how many courses.also how many will you cook for sitting at your table?......be nice to hear what you will be eating if its not turkey/traditional.

starter? main? dessert?..include recepies so we can try them too.

2. dong20

Gold Member

I rarely spend Xmas in the UK these days. The day 'plan' where I'll be this year is - lots of folk come over bringing their favourite dishes to share. Their kids run around making a racket until they're tired enough to sleep at which time the grown ups proceed to down prodigious quantities of alcohol and are thus able to solve all the world's problems in a single, highly productive afternoon.

The dogs get oodles of scraps, wag their tails happily and then sleep on the porch.

By and large, it's a good day for all involved.

3. agnslz

Gold Member

Well, I'll be having Christmas with my family this year, like I always do. We usually have the traditional New Mexican Christmas foods of posole, tamales and bizcochitos (anise-flavored shortbread cookies). My mom makes all of these from scratch. We also usually have a ham, but we never have turkey on Christmas, only on Thanksgiving.

4. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Christmas with the family. Hot here so BBQ chicken, ham, salads, maybe a cake or fruit salad for desert and lots of nibbles

5. bottombuddy

bottombuddy Member

sounds good agnsiz..hope u kept some back for me:wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted