What's Your Cure?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What's your cure for the common cold? Yes,I know doctors and research scientists have yet to come up with a cure for the common cold; but I also know our membership is much smarter than those yahoos. :tongue:

I woke up at 6:30 AM with a kinda queasy stomach. I ate about 6 saltines and went back to bed. I attributed the mild tummy ache to having pigged out on Popeye's fried chicken, biscuits, and red beans and rice the night before. I vaguely recall thinking the chicken was a bit greasy. This of course did not stop me from eating it, :tongue: :redface: I just blotted it with my napkin and continued to eat. When I woke up at 9:30 AM my tummy ache was gone. :smile: However, my eyes were watery and itchy, my nose was running like a faucet, and I was sneezing. :frown1: Yup, it seems for the first time in years I am the victim of a head cold. :irked: At first I told myself it was just allergies, but it soon became obvious that was just wishful thinking. :redface: I took two Motrin and 1000 mgs of Vitamin C and curled up on the sofa in the den to watch the Jon & Kate + 8 marathon until we had to leave to go to my cousins house for dinner.

So hear it is 12 hours later and my eyes which had stopped watering for a few hours are starting up again, my nose never stopped running, and I sneeze maybe 2 or 3 times an hour. I just took some more Motrin and am gonna hit the hay.

So what's your sure fire cure for the common cold?

Last edited:

trentster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Combine the following: Pickle brine, o.j., small amount of NyQuill, and ginger ale. Combine in a glass. Throw out that disgusting mixture and take some cold medicine.

1 ginger root scraped of skin and chopped
3 sticks of cinnamon

Place in a 2 quart pot and fill with water. Let heat over low heat and just keep the heat going.

Add two tablespoons honey to a mug and the juice of half a lemon.

Pour brew into mug, stir, and drink.

Add water to the pot every two cups.

Drink as often as you like.

I also take Cold-Eze and use Nyquil at night. Dayquil doesn't work nearly as well for me.

The tea is extremely potent and will shorten your cold considerably as well as relieve symptoms.

This recipe was brought back from China by Aunt and Uncle. I've had a miserable cold since Tuesday but already it's eased quite a bit. I'm much less stuffy and coughing less. It really works!

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As a start; tell the world to get lost for a while.

1. Make some hot dark chocolate topped with lots of marshmallows.

2. Have peppermints ready so I can breathe. (it really helps!!)

3. Crank heat to "inferno".

4. Take Sudafed.

5. Grab home made quilt and curl up on the sofa and try to watch a good movie. No regular TV or news of any kind. I find doing that makes it worse for some obscure reason.

6. Drink lots of water. Maybe a 7UP if stomach acts up. REAL orange juice if I can handle it. (not from concentrate-YUCK!!)

7. Go back to bed and crank the electric mattress pad to "meltdown".

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was with you until you said Sudafed. For some odd reason when I take Sudafed it acts as a hallucinogenic. Whenever I have taken it in the past I dream about dead relatives. :confused: On Sudafed my grandmothers always appear to me as 'Spirit Guides' . We converse about the current issues in my life and they tell me how to fix things. Sounds nice but trust me it's freaky!:tongue:

As for all that heat, I just got a touch-up I can't be sweating back my hair already. :tongue:

4. Take Sudafed.

5. Grab home made quilt and curl up on the sofa and try to watch a good movie. No regular TV or news of any kind. I find doing that makes it worse for some obscure reason.

6. Drink lots of water. Maybe a 7UP if stomach acts up. REAL orange juice if I can handle it. (not from concentrate-YUCK!!)

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Garlic. I take garlic pills by the handful whenever I am sick, and while I don't think it *cures* a cold, it seems to speed up the process so that I'm back to normal in a couple days, instead of more like a week without the garlic. From what I've read you have to get the kind of garlic supplement that contains allicin (sp?).

Anything spicy helps clear out my sinuses and makes me feel better -- but at the same time I don't want to be too rough on my stomach. My favorite thing to eat when I'm sick is kimchee.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What's your cure for the common cold?
So what's your sure fire cure for the common cold?
Oh this is bad-you're repeating yourself, you're repeating yourself, you're repeating yoursellf...

Grapefruit juice, Cold-Eze, hot showers, sauna, hot and sour soup from the Chinese restaurant-it works wonders, plenty of sleep and mindless television or movies on DVD and sweat, sweat, sweat.
I was with you until you said Sudafed. For some odd reason when I take Sudafed it acts as a hallucinogenic. Whenever I have taken it in the past I dream about dead relatives. :confused: On Sudafed my grandmothers always appear to me as 'Spirit Guides' . We converse about the current issues in my life and they tell me how to fix things. Sounds nice but trust me it's freaky!:tongue:

As for all that heat, I just got a touch-up I can't be sweating back my hair already. :tongue:
Ah, the everlasting delights of Sudafed. If you think that is bad, try the Duane-Reade generic. It not only clouds the mind, it gives me chills. A few seasons back, I had a cold, used the Duane-Reade generic and in the middle of a summer heatwave I was under 4 blankets and still freezing.

Cures for a bad cold inclue plenty of liquids, pleas to others to do everything for me. You must demand that they treat you like a Princess during your time of illness, and sweat, sweat, sweat. Now, I know you indicated that you didn't want to ruin your hair; however, sometimes one must do things for their own benefit. As indicated, you are to be treated like a Princess at this time, therefore, your service staff (parents, cousins, nieces, nephews, friends), are to blot away the sweat accumulating upon your brow. Chosen 'special' friends (in your case clearly sexy men), will change your sweat laden clothing regularly so you don't get chills.

One other thing-and this is personal info-if you had just had your hair done, and the man of your dreams came along and you were offered the opportunity of hot sweaty sex, would you be that worried about your hair? See? Sweating isn't near as bad as you thought it to be. Hmm...maybe that will be the cure. Go and have hot sweaty sex and report the results (this is for medical research, and I am sure that you don't want to halt the advancements of the medical community).

Feel better soon.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Here is a receipt from my Chinese wife's mother....
It's great and works for me....

* 1 large, washed, ginger root....don't skin, but mince (place in a square
of thin cloth...(I use cheese cloth...tie the top together with a piece of
string).
OR you can use 8-10 oz. of minced candied ginger pieces, but add
1 less TBS of honey.
* Place the ginger bag in a pot with 2 quarts of water.
* Add the juice of 2 lemons plus the rinds.
* Bring to a low boil and cover. Lower and Simmer for about 20 - 30 minutes,
adding more water if neccessary to keep a constant 2 quarts of liquid in the
pot.

Take off the heat and let steep for about an hour (covered). When it is luke
warm, add:
* Add 2 TBS of honey (or 1 TBS if you use candied ginger) and mix well.
You should still have about 2 quart of liquid.

Remove the ginger bag and strain the liquid to remove the lemon rinds.

Fill a coffee cup, heat in the microwave, and Serve.

===========================================================

Also:
* Tiger Balm on the chest and upper lip to releave congestion and a stuffy
nose.
* Green tea with honey and oil of peppermint.
* Large glass of lemon water and honey.

For a snack when you aren't too hungry, but need some nurishment:
* Toast with roasted garlic paste (not too pleasant to others, but helps you).
* Milk toast (toast in a bowl with warm milk and butter)

My grandmother used to give me a lump of sugar dipped in kerosene for a sore
throat. It worked.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not a complete cure for the cold but something to help with the chest congestion.

From a book of Bermudian recipes and remedies my father shared with me:

Take six live cockroaches.
Tie with thread around middle of roach with 12" left trailing.
Swallow one whole, then gradually pull back out. Repeat with remaining roaches.

Apparently the roaches struggling legs help to clear the phlegm from the airways. Go figure. (Very important not to chew them or to use one already covered in phlegm as that would be disgusting)

While I've never been brave enough to try the remedy itself I can verify the eficacy of the mere threat in treating those pesky "test day" ailments. My gift to LPSG parents.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There is no cure. You can only reduce the symptoms and speed the healing by getting rest.

A bad cold will take one week to come on, you have it for one week and then one more week to lose it.

Right now I have a mild cold. I bought generic 12 hour non-drowsy Sudafed. The kind that you can not get off the shelf, you get the card and buy it at the counter with your ID. The kind that can, in huge quantities, be made into meth. I also take generic Dayquil and NyQuil. Also Hall's cough drops to stop the cough.

D

deleted3782

I take zinc so I don't get colds in the first place. Zinc lozenges are the best, for me. I like the honey flavored ones. I pop one every week or so...and more before I take a flight.

If I do get sick, Jasmine tea helps all ills. Not heavily processed and scented Jasmine tea, but the simple stuff from China. I need to get more...

I hope you get better quickly. Popeye's chicken is just trouble. :wink:

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I take zinc every day, for a better load (which I really think works)...
maybe that is why I don't get colds often, or if I do they are not severe
and go away quickly. I take one 100mg zinc caplet a day.

I remember when I was in the navy, the sick bay used to give us zinc
lozenges, and they used to make my mouth pucker and it was awful
tasting....:frown1:

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My mom has always been a fan of two things. Vicks VapoRub Ointment and home made cough medicine.

She would rub Vicks on your chest, backs, then placing a tee on you, and finally she would rub it on your feet put a thick pair of white socks on them. All of this I hated intensely.

The finally part of her cure was do give you a dose of her homemade cough medicine. Which to me was the fun part of having a cold. Her cough medicine consisted mostly of whiskey mixed with an assortment of sugars things added.

Our colds lasted just as long as everyone else but mom's cough medicine sure made it seem shorter.

Last edited:

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
On the rare occasion that I get a cold, I tend to flood it out...I drink water, 100% fruit juice & hot tea w/ lemon CONSTANTLY...I also eat chicken soup w/ lots of garlic...and I usually feel better within 24-36 hours.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

4. Take Sudafed.

Damn I like your style!!

NJQT, my remedy is like some of the above. Peeled fresh ginger root, shaved. 1 whole lemon, some good quality honey, and cloves. Squeeze half of the lemon into a mug, add a tablespoon of honey, cut a thick slice of the other half of the lemon and stud it with cloves. Put that in the mug along with the ginger shaves, add hot water, let it steep, and enjoy. If you are stuffed up sinally, then get a bowl of steaming hot water, add some olbas or eucalyptus or lemongrass oil, put your head over the bowl totally covered by a towel and inhale for a good 15 minutes. Paracetemol painkillers I find better than aspirin based ones (aspirin makes me feel weird and my skin bumpy!). Get well soon sweetheart.

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
thx members...got a head cold/congestion right now...will try an assortment of rememdys...best one yet...rest, plenty of fluids...and the best treatment not mentioned...a fine worship service given by wife...try it you will feel better, doctor recommended!!!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not a complete cure for the cold but something to help with the chest congestion.

From a book of Bermudian recipes and remedies my father shared with me:

Take six live cockroaches.
Tie with thread around middle of roach with 12" left trailing.
Swallow one whole, then gradually pull back out. Repeat with remaining roaches.

Apparently the roaches struggling legs help to clear the phlegm from the airways. Go figure. (Very important not to chew them or to use one already covered in phlegm as that would be disgusting)

While I've never been brave enough to try the remedy itself I can verify the eficacy of the mere threat in treating those pesky "test day" ailments. My gift to LPSG parents.
:yikes: Gotta love those old country remedies. :yuck: