Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I probably should have put this in the Etc. forum, but it does relate to politics.

Recently, I read that Bhutan doesn't bother with fussing about a GNP (gross national product) number to assess the quality of life enjoyed by their economic success. Instead, they sample their citizens regarding their GHI (general happiness index). It's a simple scale of 1 (feeling really bad) to 10 (feeling really good). The average Bhutanese makes the equivalent of about $54 US a year. If the average GHI is low (say, around 5 or 6) the government begins to pay attention and attempts to help raise that number.

This all sounds a Hell of a lot more valuable to me than a particular country's imports/exports.

So, what's your GHI? Of course, it varies from day to day, but usually not by much.

I'm cruising along at about a solid 8 today. You?

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I chose seven. Things can always get better, but it could also be much worse.
Although there have been times where I felt more like a three or a four, especially when you consider all of the hate and ignorance swarming about in our nation.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
^^^^^^^
It's Bhutan, mlb ... not Nepal.
Today, I'm a 6.
I have a rupture of the rear side of a cornea.
Maybe I'm a 5.

You are absolutely right, sir Hhuck. Note that I have made the appropriate correction. Thanks for that. I tend to gloss over a lot when reading Clarín - BA's most popular daily. Mea cupola [sic] :biggrin1:

If only we could change the rupture on the rear side of your cornea to a rapture. Sigh.

Last edited: