What's Your Grooming Routine ?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by WellHung83, Sep 15, 2008.

1. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mine has become pretty simple now -

- wake up and shower, shave while showering with five bladed razor and shaving oil with a bit of gel on top. If I want a closer shave I use an electric shaver afterwards after that.

- wash with a body bar or mint shower gel with a rough loofa. love the feel of it being coarse on my skin and the mint helps me wake up if I have had a long night.

- Once dried and ready I apply a simple moisteriser with spf 15 plus. If I have more time twice a week I use a walnut face scrub every two days.

- my hair is kept short so its easy to manage, so I usually just spike up up with some Fudge Hair Putty.

2. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This is my deal every morning.

1. SHAVE - wash face well with Dove soap several times. Leave lather from last wash and shave with the grain. Now shave against the grain. Very smooth.

2. CONTACT LENSES - insert extended wear contact lenses.

3. MOUTH - brush teeth, scrape tongue with tongue scraper, floss teeth. Rinse and swish with either water or Listerine.

4. SHOWER - apply Dove soap to wash cloth and thoroughtly clean face, ears, and head (buzzed head - no shampoo necessary). Rinse washcloth. Apply Zest soap to wash cloth and thoroughly clean all body parts. The wash cloth makes a big difference with how clean you get compared to using ones hands.

5. AFTER SHOWER - apply chap stick to lips. Spray a few pumps of cologne. Dress in my riding clothes, pack my work clothes and my lunch, hop on my bike, and head to work.

3. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I slowly walk across the house, stop by the stereo and crank something smooth and light to start off with. Maybe some Maxwell or Mary J. Blige (My Life, of course). I shower with some Axe (Phoenix is my fav right now) on my loofa (gotta keep a loofa...I'm hooked) from head to toe, twice. I get out, throw my drying towel over my shoulder, wash my face with St. Ives Apricot scrub and brush my teeth. I only shave when absolutely necessary. Thankfully, it's not an everyday thing. By now, I'm dancing in the mirror from my background music.

I air dry a bit. Rub some baby oil gel on my skin to keep my complexion looking silky smooth (keeps the ash away...I'm black, lol). Step in my choice of undies for the day, pull on some jeans and Tee, a small squirt of some seductive cologne and it's a wrap.

4. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    let's see...
    I start off by shaving & then brushing my teeth & rinsing thoroughly...

then I step into the shower & use a nice body wash & sponge all over...
    near the end of the shower I grab a squirt of face wash & wash my face...

then I rinse off all over, dry off & apply either keri shea butter lotion, baby oil gel, or cocoa butter body oil to my entire body...

then I apply a facial moisturizer w/ sunscreen & some lip balm...

then I squirt a little moisturizer in my hair, spray on a little cologne & I'm ready for the day...

5. midlifebear

Gold Member

We use an odd French brand of deodorant soap sold everywhere but the USA.

We shower before going to bed.
    I use Head and Shoulders on what short hair I have left and my beard.
    The Squeeze prefers Pantene for his receding locks.
    We dust our foreskins, pits, and nether parts with Ammens body powder (nice, non-medicinal scent). If we're out of Ammens, plain old corn starch does wonders.
    I spray on a bit of L'eau D'Issey Miyake Pour Homme.
    The Squeeze sprays on a bit of Hugo Boss (he's a lot younger than me).

We shower when we wake up (after sex).
    We dust our foreskins, pits, and nether parts with Ammens body powder (nice, non-medicinal scent). If we're out of Ammens, plain old corn starch does wonders.
    I spray on a bit of L'eau D'Issey Miyake Pour Homme.
    The Squeeze sprays on a bit of Hugo Boss (he's a lot younger than me).
    The Squeeze shaves his thick beard every other day. (He goes through one disposable razor per shave!)
    I depend upon my barber to whack back my beard and what gray hair I have every Saturday morning. And added plus is in Spain and Argentina barbers groom eyebrows for no extra charge.

When the temperature reaches between 36-40+ Celsius, we both shower about 4 times a day and apply Gillette or Right Guard Extreme Fresh Blast to our pits.

About every two weeks we take a quiet hour and man scape each other. I trim him the way I like him and he trims me the way he likes me.

Our housekeeper says we have the nicest smelling bedroom among all her clients.

We wear nothing but 100% cotton. Brush teeth morning, night, and after every meal. Don't forget to floss!

#5 midlifebear, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  6. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I thought I showered a lot! I had 3 of them yesterday...and it wasn't hot at all outside...:wink:

7. FRE

FRE
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Why are so many guys hooked on shaving? I stopped shaving in 1973 because of an incompatible combination: tough beard and tender skin. I do sometimes shave my head though; that doesn't cause the irritation and ingrown hair that shaving my face caused, and it doesn't have to be done every day.

8. B_lamdellboo

B_lamdellboo New Member

1. Wake up
    2. "Curse the heavens" arm gestures
    3. Get up, turn off alarm, drag my lazy ass to the shower
    4. Crank up the music and the water temperature
    5. Dance in shower (oh, and I tend to wash and groom myself in there, too)
    6. Dry self off, still shaking booty
    7. Insert contact lenses into eyes
    8. Dress while talking to one or two of my favorite people, still shaking it
    9. Perform any further grooming habits needed/Lounge a bit
    10. Start mah day

9. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I see I'm not the only one that likes to shake my booty to get myself pumped up for a day:biggrin1:
    Maybe you just like to hear your tool floppin against you while you're scrubba-dubbin', Rocky. Hence the shower dance. It is a hypnotic sound though, so, I feel you.

10. midlifebear

Gold Member

When you live in hot/humid city (BCN) or a hot/humid subtropical country (central to northern Argentina) -- or College Station, Texas* -- I would live in a swimming pool, if it were possible.:biggrin1:

*OK, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Beaumont, Atlanta during the summer (yikes), Gulf Breeze, FL (UFO capitol of the USA), Anywhere, Mississippi, -- you get the idea.:wink:

11. CALAMBO

Gold Member

Albums:
    i am not as morning agressive as you guys..8:00am..i generally make coffee...read morn paper in bed...after 45 min.....shit/shower/shave...attack the world about 9:30 am......i am an insurance executive and hurricane IKE, just kicked our ass...have not had a good few days...

12. Northland

Gold Member

3:30a.m. wake up, see time, decide it's too early, roll over to my right side, lay there.

4:00a.m. realize the day is slipping away, sit up and swing legs to side of the bed. Stare at the time for a few moments. Lean forward, check to see if toenails need trim or smoothing and handle appropriately.

Stand up and check phone to see if I missed any messages while I slept (I often sleep through the phone ringing).

By 4:30 I am in the kitchen. First I run the water for 4 or 5 minutes to clear the pipes, then wash my hands before preparing coffee. Nothing gets done before the coffee. Glug down first cup of coffee (black, no sissy sweeteners or milk), then go to bathroom and urinate. Double flush the toilet then wash hands, then brush teeth. Stare at my handsome image in the mirror, realize I am getting turned on and think about goats to calm myself. Think about Antonin Scalia and once more am turned on. Think about Ruth Bader Ginsberg and think of sparrows in the park which kills off all sexual desire.

Take off undershorts, sit on toilet listening to the sounds of garbage trucks making their morning runs-they are loud, After a few meditative moments, I stand, wash my hands, flush toilet again, then wash hands again (I may be slightly OCD).

About 5:00a.m. I decide on whether I will shave or not for the day and then either shave or start the shower water and step in. Dial white soap, only Dial white soap-I have sensitive skin and am allergic to most of the others. I use it on the entire body, hair included. Once a week I use a cucumber essence hair conditioner to make the hair more manageable.

Pull back shower curtain, wrap towel around my body, lean over sink, rinse hands and face one more time-using cold water.

By 5:30 I have towel dried, combed the hair, put on undershorts and at times of the year, an undershirt. I then leave the bathroom and go to the kitchen for my oatmeal.

After eating the oatmeal, I wash the bowl and my hands, then head to the bathroom where once more I urinate. I double flush again and wash my hands then check my face for any blemish which may be there. Run comb through eyebrows combing them all to the side (left towards the left ear, right towards the right ear). Check nose hairs, trim them down if needed-every other week seems to do it.

On Wednesday and Sunday evenings, I wash my face with a cucumber facial cleanser.

13. Captain Elephant

Captain Elephant Active Member

Albums:
    When I have a late gig my wife will bring a mug of coffee to the bedroom the next morning. It's usually her second cup. No matter how late I come in she won't let me sleep past 10.

On days that I'm strictly in studio I'll get up around 8. If there is no intra-bedroom activity I attending to toilet duties I hop in the shower where I wash with liquid soap. I'll sometimes shave while I'm in there (just the neck and cheeks, leaving the beard). If I need to, I'll trim my beard before the shower.

After showering, if the wife catches me at the time she'll start to smear moisturizing on my face. Then it's a couple of minutes with the toothbrush.

My uniform is always the same - tshirts and jeans.

14. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Grumpily get up.:mad:

Floss then a good rinse with mouthwash. Wash my face with simple soap. Apply shaving foam then nod off for 5 minutes on the loo. Shave then brush my teeth.

A good soap down with an energising shower gel in first a hottish shower and finish off with a cool one.

Cleanse my face with clinique No1 clarifier. Put on deodorant and aftershave (usually either L'eau Dissey or D & D By).

Then I take Sacha our Scottie for a walk along the cliffs. The sun is usually coming up over the volcanoes behind us and making spectacular morning sunlight patterns. That usually inspires me to wake up and spring into life.

When I get back Paul has usually been showered and made our breakfast which we have out on the terrace. :smile:

15. B_lamdellboo

B_lamdellboo New Member

HAH! Just an additional perk, really. I need to dance in scalding hot water in order to function for the day. Lately I've been listening to a lot of The Ting Tings, Fratellis, Kanye and Daft Punk (though, not always together), Horrorpops, and, uh, this song

#15 B_lamdellboo, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  16. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Don't shave that much, I hate it, that is why I have a beard... So no daily routine.

17. bigmoochie

bigmoochie New Member

Albums:
    During the week I'm up at 4:45 to lift. Head to the shower by 5:30. I shave my face M, W, & F only. (I don't like shaving. Never have.) Then I lounge nekid on the bed for 5min or so, it just feels great all pumped after a lift & squeaky clean. No tunes or anything, I like the quiet in the AM. Also, as few lights as possible 'cos I don't like artificial light in the morning, either. Never have. Then I get dressed. I eat, floss, brush, mouthwash, cologne, final fix on the hair & I'm out the door.

On weekends, it's up at 10, into the wetsuit & off to the waves as much as possible.

18. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    Great Rocky The Bull ! Now I got visions of you dancing around naked under a hot spray and all soapy and hair plastered everywhere and.....Ugh ! LOL.

I just try to keep my routine as simple as possible so if I am running late it is just a simple matter of waking up, taking care of myself and then out the door with no fuss or hassle. I am though looking for a better facial scrub or moister cream for under my eyes, so any suggestions of brands or type aka gel or paste, would be appreciated. Nivea For Men looks promising but then again Biotherm looks good but a bit expensive.

19. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I like St. Ives & Neutrogena products for my face...but whenever I have any issues, going back to the old standby for a few days does wonders...good old Noxzema...

20. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

No matter what, I always floss!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted