Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I live in a turn of the century home (built around 1910) and i try to merge modern in with the Victorian trim, original diagonal wood floors and lots of rich chocolate and taupe walls with bright white trim.

I'm a sucker for certain modern style but also love the ornate details to a Victorian home.

My master suite is still a work in progress with design and structure and right now the yard is taking up a lot of my attention. I've gotten quite a green thumb this year. Now i'm trying to come up with design for the backyard to work around the flagstone rock waterfall my husband just built from the old flagstones next to our house. I want it to be something worth entertaining people at a cookout.

Our style says a lot about our personality!

What about you all? Green shag carpet? Or totally modern? 1970's paneling? Total Bachelor?

Last edited by a moderator:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Beach bungalow here. Light blues, distraught woods, antiquey wood beachy furniture, light rusted iron, monochromatic pastel murals, lotsa windows w/ shutters, grassy plants and very low on the cheesy seashell/maritime crap.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Mine is minimalist I guess. The place is way bigger than I need really. It's the fifth and sixth floor of a small building and has a nice view of the mountains.

I have a few custom made pieces of furniture and a couple antiques. Beech and tile floors with some nice kilims, white walls, a few plants, and lots of natural light.

I'm building a terrace garden off the upstairs bedroom. It's 6 x 5 meters. I have the plants but need to get going on the wooden structures.

(no microwave either btw)

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Total 1950's theme. I don't even have a microwave.
Me too!
I live in a pre-war walk up. It was built in the 20s and has beautiful architectural details... most painted over(but beautiful). The top floor apartments still have gorgeous stained glass windows in the kitchen and bathroom.

My decor is best described as neutral, comfy, and covered in books.
The kitchen is modern - cherry cabinets, granite... you know, like everyone else renovated their kitchen recently.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Me too!
I live in a pre-war walk up. It was built in the 20s and has beautiful architectural details... most painted over(but beautiful). The top floor apartments still have gorgeous stained glass windows in the kitchen and bathroom.

My decor is best described as neutral, comfy, and covered in books.
The kitchen is modern - cherry cabinets, granite... you know, like everyone else renovated their kitchen recently.

Ahh nothing like old, sculpted mouldings and doorways. I do appreciate all sorts of styles but I'm stuck in the 50's myself...lol

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Generic apartment, way too small for all my junk! And I don't have a domestic bone in my body so having all this stuff in so little space makes it impossible to clean, as if I was going to have any desire to do that anyway.

And if I didn't have a microwave, I'd starve to death!

hoosier daddy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
3 story acadian, 4 br 3 ba 2 car garage/apt below, 2 car garage/apt built detached...............built paid for by me in 1997...............my mama died in this house in 2000, the best memory in this house was her final goodbye as she faded out in my arms..................

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Our style is very chilled out. Light colours blended with some richer and stronger accent walls in brown and olive green. Modern furniture with a twist, as I do love some classic kinda stuff. Pictures on the walls are a mix between vintage movie posters and modern art. Hardwood flooring throughout and one big-ass TV :p

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I have a nice canvas here and I've done very little with it really.

In all the rooms, bar my office, I have high celings - the floor boards and ceilings are walnut so I keep the walls white. In my last house there was a lot of stuff on the walls and clutter and, having moved in here, I left it a while before going to unpack the stuff - but I realised that the lack of clutter was far more pleasant than having to put it all up and dust it once a week. So I've just arranged the nicer canvasses spread as far apart as I can keep them. That and the brickwork fire place with slate mantel in the living room is plenty of decoration. I keep nothing on the mantel bar flowers.

My furniture has been gathered in dribs and drabs over the years, so I'd be lying if I said there was a theme - it's all modern and simple, it fits well to my eye.

Of course all of it is very often liberally 'decorated' with toys and poster-paint masterpieces - but it's a family home so that's as should be. :smile:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mine is minimalist I guess. The place is way bigger than I need really. It's the fifth and sixth floor of a small building and has a nice view of the mountains.

I have a few custom made pieces of furniture and a couple antiques. Beech and tile floors with some nice kilims, white walls, a few plants, and lots of natural light.

I'm building a terrace garden off the upstairs bedroom. It's 6 x 5 meters. I have the plants but need to get going on the wooden structures.

(no microwave either btw)
Your home sounds lovely. :smile: How on earth do you make tea or popcorn without a microwave? :confused:

i'm homeless. my style is Cardboard Chic.
I know the feeling, :frown1:with the exception of a few items, everything I own is in either a RubberMaid or Sterilite plastic box.