What's your home/apt. style?

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I live in a 2 story penthouse (built 2004), with the usual Danish soft look - wooden floors, white walls, large windows all around - only thing unusual are some furnitures I've bought on Java - they have a completely different feel to them than the rest, but they look really nice together.

Last edited:

Tickled Pink

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I live with my two sons in a 130 year old three bedroom house with a little garden, right next to my youngest son's school, and near to the town centre, train station and beach.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I live with my dad right now... his style is thrift store/garage sale finds... lol. BUT... I will tell you the style of my old apartment. :tongue: It was very laid back and relaxed, nothing real fancy, but each room had a bit of a "theme"... the living room was my Beatles room, with a 5x4ft wall hanging of John Lennon on one wall, and some other various Beatles paraphenalia scattered about. My bedroom was Asian themed... I had gone to an Asian restaurant and stole some of their doggy bags, which were brown paper sacks with Japanese symbols printed on the sides. The sides of the bag just happened to be 8x10, so I went and bought a bunch of plain black frames, cut out the sides of the brown paper bags and "aged" them, then framed them and hung 'em around my room. I loved it. I'll have it all back one of these days. *sigh*

D

deleted3782

I like in a frame house built in 1843. Its furnished with all the leftovers from my mom's house when she downsized into her condo. I have no style, aside from hand-me-down.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think I will be a maverick and talk about my office which I probably spend most of my time in , unfortunately. I would call it Late 20th century International School with a touch of outer child. I have many examples of American Arts and Craft all around with plants galore . Most of my colleagues like to come to my office for meetings! LOL!

D

deleted3782

All the references to architectural styles is heartening to me as an advocate. Maybe one day I can provide the forum with a quick primer in identifying architecture!

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I live in a Victorian that was built in 1913. My main windows have a western exposure. I have a nice balcony that I share with my neighbor. My livingroom has has nice view of the Oakland Hills. I love vintage buildings.

As decoration on the front, we have bricks that were brought here from the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. And the other Victorian on this property was built in 1907 just after the quake...

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I live in a Victorian that was built in 1913. My main windows have a western exposure. I have a nice balcony that I share with my neighbor. My livingroom has has nice view of the Oakland Hills. I love vintage buildings.

As decoration on the front, we have bricks that were brought here from the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. And the other Victorian on this property was built in 1907 just after the quake...

Sounds lovely Simcha, do you require a british lodger :biggrin1: