What's your love story?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by LaFemme, Feb 11, 2012.

1. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Like Fancy Pants, I'm inspired by Valentine's Day. I love a good story and am fascinated by how couples meet and fall in love.

So if you're in a relationship...how did you meet? Was it love at first sight? Did it take awhile? Did you fall in love online? Was it your high school sweetheart?

2. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

I met my husband in high school. I was dating his best friend and we were all in band together. The guys were in the brass section and I was in the "auxilliary". I don't even remember meeting my H until our spring band trip.

My bf did not make the trip but I was formally introduced by another band member to my H. He says it was love at first sight for him, and he'd watched me from afar the entire year in band, unknown to me. We hung out during the trip and I recall watching for him at different times. But we did not "date" until the following year in school. He was very patient and never overstepped his bounds as best friend. But when I broke it off with his best friend, he was there....

Once we started dating, we were never separated. We dated for about five years before we married. I insisted he finish college first.

High school sweethearts ... love at first sight for him... For me? no... but once I fell, I fell hard, and never looked back.

He is and always has been the best thing that ever happened to me. I honestly cannot imagine life without him.

3. erratic

Gold Member

I met him in a crowded train station. The week before I had been rejected by someone who I thought was perfect for me, and I for him.

I met my husband in a crowded railway station on a day when my self-esteem was feeling a little low. I didn't think I was in his league.

He smiled at me, in a moment which I can see with absolute clarity even today, and there's been no one else for either of us since.

4. sizequeenNY

sizequeenNY New Member

Albums:
    I consistently date assholes and get my heart broken the end

5. D_Liv_R_Phoole

D_Liv_R_Phoole Account Disabled

I first met my girlfriend in high school. We both had and art class first period, and The first time I saw her I thought she was gorgeous. We had been in class for a week before first talked to her. I jokingly made fun of a duck she was trying to draw, and showed her how to fix it. After that we were friends. She had been dating someone else for awhile, and I didn't like him in the least bit. They had an on again/off again relationship, and It seemed like every time I tried to ask her out, they were back together. We stayed friends through all of high school. And I never told her that I liked her. I dated a few girls, i'm still friends with some of them, but I never felt the same around them, as I did with Angel. It was the first summer after I was out of high school, and I went to Relay for life with my mom and my sister. I was helping set up and I seen angel was there too. I walked over to her and told her Hi, and that I missed her, and she told me that she had missed me as well. I went back to my mom and told her I was going to walk around with Angel, And she and my Aunt who was with her told me she was cute and to ask her out. We spent the night at relay in her car and we stayed up all night, talking about school and anything else that popped in to our heads.

I found out that she and Aaron (the on again/off again) broke up for good, and I did a little happy dance on the inside lol. We started spending a lot of time together, swimming, going to the movies, etc. and eventually I asked her if she wanted to go on a date with me and she said yes. A few weeks later, On September 20 2009 I asked her if she wanted to be my girlfriend and she said yes. We have been together since then, and I couldn't be happier. She means the world to me, and I don't know where I would be If it wasn't for her

6. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That is such a great example of how young love starts - and I know how it has grown over the years into something deep, unique & wonderful.

That gave me goosebumps. It took one moment for love to enter your life. I'd be jealous, but it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :smile:

It's obvious it was meant to be - the way you both wove in and out of each other's lives. Young love is such incredible love!

Each one of those stories is wonderful! Keep them coming!

7. bartholomewmcclusk

bartholomewmcclusk New Member

Memory being what it is - a powerful focusing lens - first meeting with my first love fulfilled every cliche. Time seems to crawl. She seems radiant on the dark dance floor, shooting light from her fingertips in all directions. Everything else is a bokeh blur. Irrelevant. All life and hope and desire and aspiration standing right in front of you.

I look away and time resumes it's normal course, the carpet regains its beer stains, and the cheap best buy speakers in the dorm lounge replace the previous blissful silence with tinny, repetitive house music.

8. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow. After reading some of these, I feel kind of depressed. I love my wife, we're happily married but I never had the romantic, swept off my feet, head over heels love and first sight experience with her.

We had lots of friends in common for a couple years but never met until one day my buddy took me to a party at her house. It wasn't a fix up because they were FWB at the time.

So we met, had fun hanging out that night, and then forgot about each other for a few weeks. Talked on the phone a couple times. Saw each other a couple times, but it was a few months before our first real one-on-one date.

After that it was fun dates and (lots of) sex, which eventually became more and more serious and committed, and two and a half years later we got married.

We're a great team together.

Now we have three beautiful children, far from perfect but perfect in every way, and I wouldn't trade anything for it.

9. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

10. B_Nia88

B_Nia88 New Member

I met my man in the University cafeteria. Our eyes locked and a few minutes later he came over and talked with me and I just melted. His deep voice and souful eyes just spoke to me. He invited me out for dinner and I went all excited and nervous like I was 13. We talked and of course I had to share that I am transgendered we finished dinner and went our separate ways (with no kiss) and I didn't hear back from him for about 2 weeks. I wrote this beautiful man off and chalked it up to another man who couldn't accept my body. Well out of the blue he calls me and we met up and we discussed our fears and his concerns about me. I of course told him that he isn't gay for being attracted to met etc but that lead to teasing and tickling and a lot of kissing and we have been together ever since.

11. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I do know what that feels like....unfortunately, for me, it didn't last. Would have been amazing if it had.

I wouldn't be depressed at all! That slow simmer of a relationship, one that eventually becomes a rolling boil...that's romantic, too. Being partners in life, parents of great kids....that's something to really feel good about coming home to every night.

Oh, Nia....who could not love someone as sweet, kind and beautiful as you? I am glad you found a man who could see you for who the woman you truly are!

12. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I never got a love story either. In fact, I just ended an e-love of a year and a half on January 9th. Tore my heart out because I love him so much and thought that was going to be my "story". But I won't be bitter - and I still believe in love and sex, even if it isn't going to happen for me.

I am happy for others and I love the stories of connection, longevity & partnership. I find it comforting :smile:

13. B_Nia88

B_Nia88 New Member

[qoute]Oh, Nia....who could not love someone as sweet, kind and beautiful as you? I am glad you found a man who could see you for who the woman you truly are![/QUOTE]

your kind words have brought me to tears thank you

14. dolfette

Gold Member

i hope my story is just beginning...

15. B_Nia88

B_Nia88 New Member

I am sure it will be a long wonderful story, sweetheart

16. erratic

Gold Member

Merci beaucoup. To be honest, I'm still taken aback almost daily that it actually happened to me.

And thank you for starting this thread. Sharing these stories is something we really should do more often. :)

17. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Love and I have never seen eye to eye. Perhaps one day, Ms Right will come along. Sorry - no story from me. :tongue:

I wish you well, Ms Dolfette. :smile:

18. 92philip

92philip New Member

Albums:
    I met my man for the first time when he took my Zumba class. I noticed him immediately. I thought he was desperately cute, but I also thought that he was stone cold straight. I told my friend about him and he said that I should make a move because my friend thought that he was gay. Well I didn't make a move. I just fantasized and dreamed about him. Well anyway about a month later my friend sends me a link on craigslist of an ad that he had posted saying that he was gay and was down for some fun. I followed up on the ad and he texted me right away saying that he was glad it was me that texted him. On the ad itself he described the perfect man and it was uncannily someone who looked like me. White skin, light eyes, athletic build. Ever since then we have been a happy couple. We don't get to see each other as often as we would like but we are very happy with each other.

19. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

20. SprinkleMe69

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I've never had a love story. Valentines day is just another day to me. Stupid Cupid day.

Draft saved Draft deleted