What's your motivation?

The gym is my church and the workout is my heroine. The result is a state of calm leaving me both invigorated and at peace with myself. It keeps me moving forward, further and further away from who and what I used to be.

Hung10x

Worshipped Member
Media
New York City, New York, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It started off with wanting to look naked and be attractive- that's still a big part of it but now it also makes me feel good , releases endorphins etc. Also massively motivated by the bigger guys at the gym , love to get complimented by them (although rarely happens!)

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The result is a state of calm leaving me both invigorated and at peace with myself.
This is part of it for me too. I feel good leaving the gym after working out. I feel mentally refreshed. I feel like I just did something good. I might even be feeling some endorphins or something... And if I haven't worked out in a couple of days, I feel bad.

I think I might be getting more mental benefits than physical benefits... but whatever, I'm doing what I can to improve my health, strength, endurance, and yes, also appearance.

not_brand_x

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It started with just wanting to be in good shape for my wedding. It continued because I wanted to maintain that shape for my own health, and be an active role model for our future kids.

Also - the looks I get from the Mrs when I'm walking around naked are definitely a nice bump and validation of the efforts.

hostellover

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
1. It's a part of my life and I miss it if I break for more than a week and a half or two weeks at a time.
2. Enjoyment
3. I'm a lifelong admirer of super feats of strength and endurance
4. Fear of growing old and losing strength & mobility
5. Vanity (see #3)

Great!

D

deleted957094

Started because a girlfriend wanted us to go together, stayed because it helped get me off antidepressants, keep going back because I'm addicted to size and strength.

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wanting to look good naked and clothed.
Feeling better about myself.
Enjoying the compliments I've started getting on my body.
Basically my motivation is I'm going to the gym for me. All the benefits of working out make me feel relaxed and invigorated and seeing the progress I've made in nine months keeps me going back for more.

Wanting to look good naked and clothed.
Feeling better about myself.
Enjoying the compliments I've started getting on my body.
Basically my motivation is I'm going to the gym for me. All the benefits of working out make me feel relaxed and invigorated and seeing the progress I've made in nine months keeps me going back for more.
This.

Reactions: Gj816

WolfenBeast

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
While I don't go to the gym, my exercise is martial arts and advanced bodyweight workouts at home. For me my motivation is to continue through life having absolute freedom in my body, to not be weighed down and use my body to it's fullest potential. To be able to do great feats of speed, agility, reflexes, balance and strength. To know that I can survive harsh and stressful conditions if I needed to. It all makes me feel wild and free and I want to keep that feeling. And I still have even further heights I want to reach.

Being sexy as a result is just an awesome bonus hahah!

Reactions: Gj816
D

deleted15807

curious as to what keeps you going back to the gym or sticking to your diet. We all do it for different reasons , mine is to do well when I compete but am inspired by anyone making progress!

Fear of backsliding and getting fat. The amazing thing is just two weeks off and I can feel the decline when I hit the weights again. The human body has to move to remain healthy otherwise the decline is almost immediate.

Reactions: Gj816 and JJ_Jumbo