What's your relationship with condoms, guys?

Abraram

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I personally only use them to avoid unwanted pregnancies, but before you start lecturing me on STDs and stuff, allow me to explain...

So, as I've mentioned in other threads, although I fantasize a lot about the fertile aspects of sex, I don't want to have actual kids, at least not yet. Also I respect women a lot and I don't think it's fair for them to take all the responsibility in that matter. So, it's 100% their decision whether or not to take the pill or any other contraceptive method. Besides, I also think of the bleak future an unplanned/unwanted baby would have, and I'd rather not subject any innocent lives to that.

Still, like most guys on Earth, I really dislike having to wear those things. Maybe it's all psychological, but to me they do kill the best sensations, that is, if I get to cum at all. That said, I use condoms only when pregnancy is a real possibility. How can I be sure? Only by knowing the person well and if there's sufficient trust between us. And that's where the STDs part comes in. Of course I care about my own health, and being responsible implies caring about that of others too. So, in a nutshell my rule goes like this: either we know each other well enough and trust eacn other enough to have unprotected sex, or we don't have sex at all. Yes, I'm not all that promiscuous. And as you might guess, when it comes to MM sex, I have a strict bareback policy, but the same rule applies.

What about you, guys? Have you thought this subject through as much as I have?

stretch8888

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After a couple pregnancy scares in my early 20s i grew to like ultra thin condoms, i've got no desire to have kids at this point in my life and i know far too many women who have said "oh i forgot my pill" and being i'm more of a FB, FWB, one night stand guy as opposed to a relationship type i prefer to do my part in preventing any unwanted kids.

Reactions: cadmanken

Abraram

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
After a couple pregnancy scares in my early 20s i grew to like ultra thin condoms, i've got no desire to have kids at this point in my life and i know far too many women who have said "oh i forgot my pill" and being i'm more of a FB, FWB, one night stand guy as opposed to a relationship type i prefer to do my part in preventing any unwanted kids.
Mmm, yes, that's what I see a lot around here. It seems like most people here are the adventurous type. I'm not much into one-noght stands and definitely not into random hookups. That doesn't mean that I limit myself to exclusive formal relationships, though. This applies to the friends-with-benefits kind of thing.

And about the ultra thin rubbers... still not a fan. That's why I said it could be a psychological boundary and would rather avoid those as well.

Ponto

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Alice Springs (Northern Territory, Australia)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I don't have a relationship with condoms, I use them, and I don't like having to use them. I have been using condoms since I was an age half of age 30, I am avoiding using a specific age due to the people here protecting minors even if the minor is you, we used to steal them from the parents of our friends. The bad thing about that was the condoms were past their best and would burst during sex. Actually that is how my son came about, a condom mishap, I am 65, he is 49, a lovely man with four children. So I guess I have a long experience with condom usage. Since 2008, my partner and I were STD tested and vowed monogamy so that we could dispense with the condoms. Skin to skin sex is much better than skin with latex. My partner and I have separated.

I use a large diameter condom basically as I can't get the ordinary ones on without excessive squeezing of my glans to get the condom past the corona and onto the shaft. It hurts doing that, the squeezing and pushing, like twisting and pushing your finger tip into a too small hole.
I used condoms to avoid conception but as I said, condoms can fail and burst, also to avoid STDs. I have never had a STD, but lots of failures before going with the larger diameter condoms. At the moment I have a few friends with benefits and with them it is to avoid STD, unwanted pregnancies is less of a problem. I have dark hair as I am half Maltese half Scottish but my children are red headed, it would not look good for my friends to give birth to either a dark haired child or a red head one when most Australian are Anglos have light brown to blond hair, and as far as I know, none of these women have red haired people in their background.

Abraram

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well, I don't have a relationship with condoms, I use them, and I don't like having to use them. I have been using condoms since I was an age half of age 30, I am avoiding using a specific age due to the people here protecting minors even if the minor is you, we used to steal them from the parents of our friends. The bad thing about that was the condoms were past their best and would burst during sex. Actually that is how my son came about, a condom mishap, I am 65, he is 49, a lovely man with four children. So I guess I have a long experience with condom usage. Since 2008, my partner and I were STD tested and vowed monogamy so that we could dispense with the condoms. Skin to skin sex is much better than skin with latex. My partner and I have separated.

I use a large diameter condom basically as I can't get the ordinary ones on without excessive squeezing of my glans to get the condom past the corona and onto the shaft. It hurts doing that, the squeezing and pushing, like twisting and pushing your finger tip into a too small hole.
I used condoms to avoid conception but as I said, condoms can fail and burst, also to avoid STDs. I have never had a STD, but lots of failures before going with the larger diameter condoms. At the moment I have a few friends with benefits and with them it is to avoid STD, unwanted pregnancies is less of a problem. I have dark hair as I am half Maltese half Scottish but my children are red headed, it would not look good for my friends to give birth to either a dark haired child or a red head one when most Australian are Anglos have light brown to blond hair, and as far as I know, none of these women have red haired people in their background.
Well, I wasn't refering specifically to how they fit you, but whether they have a particular meaning to you or not. To me they represent kind of a barrier between partners, sort of like saying: "I desire you, but since I can't trust you, I'll wear this so I can use you for my own pleasure anyway". I know it's stupid and most people wouldn't even give it a second thought. Or perhaps they do, that's what I was curious about. Interesting to read your experience, nontheless. Thanks. (I couldn't help doing the math, btw XD)

LeftHandLuke

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My only opinion is I don't love them. They are a necessary evil but for me I can have a rock hard erection and literally as soon as I go to tear the package open the erection fades (even my dick hates condoms). I don't miss the single life for that reason. It became much easier for me to have one girl, both get tested & eventually stop using them. In the days of going to swing clubs I made it work but it wasn't difficult with lots of other LIVE sex going on.

Abraram

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My relationship with condoms? Well for a while we just flirted, then began dating, and after four years I proposed; unfortunately after two months, my condom broke it off with me. I've been going bareback ever since.
LMAO... Please do excuse my poor English skills XD

I personally never liked using them. I’m married now so don’t have the need for condoms. When I was 20 I did get a girl (ex girlfriend) pregnant though having unprotected sex.

Cottage303

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have honestly never had problems with using condoms.
They’ve always been part of my sexual experiences since the beginning, so I got used to them fairly early and easy.
I do also enjoy bare sex, but only with people that I know. I go bare only as a matter of laziness and knowing that stds are not a problems.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I recently posted this in another thread in another forum, but it applies here as well:

I don't like sex with a condom more than without, but I never minded using condoms, ever!
If the choice was sex with a condom, or no sex, I chose sex with a condom 100% of the time, and enjoyed myself 100% of the time.
I lost my virginity wearing a condom, and was also in a multi-year relationship with a woman who was never on birth control, so I insisted on using condoms for protection against pregnancy, and STDs.

I have been in a monogamous relationship for many, many years now, so I haven't used condoms in a very long time. But there are so many options, styles, and sizes now. Even 10+ years ago I found condoms that fit me better, and felt better while fucking.

When used properly, condoms almost never break. I only had 2 out 1000 break on me, and one was a woman that insisted on using one while giving me a handjob! She didn't notice that it broke until I came and started spurting cum up into the air.
I noticed the one, and only one, condom that broke while having intercourse as the sensation of fucking suddenly got better. I pulled out and replaced the broken condom with another and was back deep inside her within a few seconds.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never been a fan of them.

The times I have used them, I used Skyn brand condoms. Latex smells vile to me and is a complete and total moodkiller (a lot of people have mild latex allergies too so it can give you or your partner itchy bits).

Overall, there were a lot of times I should've used one but didn't. I got lucky on several counts, but that's all it was (luck).

Reactions: Rustyridge

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I always use them when coupling. My risk is bare fellatio but that can be lowered somewhat by inspection. I do not perform fellatio if I have bitten my tongue or the inside of my cheek recently. Those wounds need to heal first.

BWPHOENIX

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Condoms & rattlesnakes...

Don’t fuck with ‘em.

I used condoms when I was younger to prevent pregnancy and to not get any STDs. The woman I’m with now is disease free, as am I, and getting her pregnant isn’t an issue either.

Reactions: cadmanken

njfellow2002

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm a NYC guy, came though the 80's and AIDS days in NYC, so you know condoms were (and are) always in use in my world. Even if a woman was on the Pill, I use/used condoms. I've at the point where vaginal sex without a condom feels abnormal--Strange as that sounds, but there is a physiological aspect to that... we (again 80's world) were trained that sex without a condom is one of the stupidest things you can do BECAUSE you can control it--- the wrong choice could kill you. And while it may not kill you anymore, it sure as shit can ruin your day. I don't trust ANYONE when they say " I'm DD Free or I can't get Pregnant"-- Thats great...and to stay that way USE A CONDOM. --Unless you want to end up on an episode of Maury----