What's your side hustle?

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Does anyone here have a side hustle? What is it? How did you get into it? Do you make a lot of money from it or is it really just a hobby?

I'm going to start a consulting business as a side hustle. I don't think I'll make much money from it, but I think it will help out some people.

What are your side hustle experiences?

Wonderland1989

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Real Estate Investing
It is kind of like monopoly.
I had someone tell me that use other peoples money to make you money.
Buy a property with a small down payment borrow the banks money.
Renters pay your mortgage and you get equity.
I stick to newer townhouses so less maintenance.
Long term it is a lot of money, but the money is going into equity.

Reactions: wallyj84

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There is an older Side Hustle thread...way back. What was my then side hustle is now my full time job.

The newest side hustle, cuz insomnia and devil hands, is flipping curb harvested goods. Mostly taking the truck through the snazzy hoods before bulk day.

Depending on what I find goods get donated to local charities. If I get "this reality displeased me and must be reshaped" about a piece it gets processed by my lab/work room. A boutique fitter takes more than a few creations to upsell.

Not as profitable as it could be. But I am happy. Rehoming still working items to folks in need gives me feels. Keeps not garbage out of landfills. Moving an project out quickly makes room for the next one.

All the above is also a great excuse to roam empty streets in the early AM. My favorite thing ever.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
There is an older Side Hustle thread...way back. What was my then side hustle is now my full time job.

The newest side hustle, cuz insomnia and devil hands, is flipping curb harvested goods. Mostly taking the truck through the snazzy hoods before bulk day.

Depending on what I find goods get donated to local charities. If I get "this reality displeased me and must be reshaped" about a piece it gets processed by my lab/work room. A boutique fitter takes more than a few creations to upsell.

Not as profitable as it could be. But I am happy. Rehoming still working items to folks in need gives me feels. Keeps not garbage out of landfills. Moving an project out quickly makes room for the next one.

All the above is also a great excuse to roam empty streets in the early AM. My favorite thing ever.

I didn't see the older thread.

So you find trash and repurpose it?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

The world is too in love with disposable. Finite is gonna bite us all in the ass one day.

Heck, feast has already started.

MilfBanger78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Onlyfans and Chaturbate. Used to be Ubereats/Instacart but with gas prices now it doesnt pay to leave the house for that. Had a hauling biz also lol.

Looking to get back into the stock market since shit is gonna crash eventually, major recession. used to do daytrading.