Whats your special talent?

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by ziggity@Feb 22 2005, 07:55 PM
whistling, public and motivational speaking, writing, and dancing! :)

i wish i gave "great" massages, JWB.. i took a single class at a community college, but i don't think i'm quite there yet. i get compliments, sure, but if possible i'd love to pursue at least a side career.. such fascinating stuff.

oh and cooking, such a necessity :D
[post=285450]Quoted post[/post]​
Let me tell ya, if you can become a certified masseuse you will be set. It's a great job to have and you can make a good living at it as well. I have a friend that is looking into getting out of the business and pursuing a career as a masseuse to dancers. A lot of heavy dance shows on Broadway provide a masseuse/physical therapist at the theatre for the performers and they make a lot of money.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I find it easy to explain things for some reason. I like training people to do new tasks.

I'm often the one called upon to put technicalese into plain English.

ETown7

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pene,

Sorry about the delay, i've been working for tech support... yet another talent I have, which I guess I don't value much... but anyway. I've been raised Catholic for my whole life, and just have passed it around as something that I am, without really delving deep into it. What really got me into church (I goto a non-denominational church most sundays), was the music. I admit Catholic church is boring, but it holds the life blood and purity that sustains christianity. The strange thing (well, for most catholics this'd be strange; not for me) is that gay people find my words soothing, not offsetting, or derogatory. I guess it's because I back my words with humour and love, instead of condemnation and disrespect. Enough of my explaining already. It turns out I picked up my brothers guitar last night when I was visiting his new baby and I could play... I guess bass is the for runner to good guitar :p

I've also won several awards and have been published in many poetry books (Ok, 2... but still :p)

I hope I haven't offended anybody.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm very good at assembling things. When I worked in retail, I was the only one that could put together those carboard product displays without messing them up. I ended up assembing all the floor samples like gas grills and other things like that. I do OK with the 'furniture in a box' stuff too!

I played the organ (hey, not that!) when I was very young, but I just followed along with the letter codes (I cannot read music.)

Another talent I have (so I've been told) is that I am very good at pussy licking! :p :p :p

Not called LapDog for nuthin! :p

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by jeepwranglerboi@Feb 22 2005, 04:04 PM
Let me tell ya, if you can become a certified masseuse you will be set. It's a great job to have and you can make a good living at it as well. I have a friend that is looking into getting out of the business and pursuing a career as a masseuse to dancers. A lot of heavy dance shows on Broadway provide a masseuse/physical therapist at the theatre for the performers and they make a lot of money.
[post=285457]Quoted post[/post]​

That is definitely true...I have several friends that do that...One in particular only works like 4 hours a day at a upscale spa and he makes bank...And I tell you a lot of straight guys I think have issues w/it but I tell these 3 guys pull major chicks doing this as well as working like 12pm to 4pm...What women doesn't love a great massage...

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Special talents? Two come to mind. 1) I've sung bass I with Memphis Symphony Chorus for 9 years and church choirs longer than I can count. My 2) is being able to mediate individuals at each others' throats and have them forgiving each other and agreeing to 'work things out'. I've helped convince parents and teachers to be congenial; coaches and teachers to agree to disagree; students and teachers to understand where the other is coming from; and members of different races to accept each other as loving individuals.

Oh, I have always seemed to be pretty good at masturbating, too, Knight.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hate to blow my own horn, but ... I have a pretty good lyric baritone voice. At least it was good enough to land me the roles of Papageno, Valentin, Moralès and Renato in their respective operas. And my vocal, acting and dancing abilities were responsible in my getting cast in some pretty decent productions of several musicals. I'm good with languages; I speak seven and dabble in about twelve others. And I'm a competent cook. My Louisiana specialty is a crabmeat and andouille étoufée. And I'm rather good at calligraphy.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like those talents:)

Like my pal Jeep, I'm also a professional singer (tenor) and actor, with a specialty in character voices.
I've worked in New York, and Texas, and all over the eastern seaboard.

I also dabble in cartooning.

philberttrw

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Feb 23 2005, 12:15 AM
I hate to blow my own horn, but ... I have a pretty good lyric baritone voice. At least it was good enough to land me the roles of Papageno, Valentin, Moralès and Renato in their respective operas. And my vocal, acting and dancing abilities were responsible in my getting cast in some pretty decent productions of several musicals. I'm good with languages; I speak seven and dabble in about twelve others. And I'm a competent cook. My Louisiana specialty is a crabmeat and andouille étoufée. And I'm rather good at calligraphy.
[post=285557]Quoted post[/post]​

Speaking of Louisiana specialities, you would not BELIEVE how hard it is to get andouille sausage in Charlottesville. I was making red beans and rice, and stopped by the store for some, and had to go to Whole Foods for it, since Harris Teeter, Giant AND Kroger didn't carry it.

Uh, but it turned out SO good. I'm eating some now for my din-din while at work!

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am pleased to see that so many of you are intersted in food and some are professional musicians. I work as a food service manage for Marriott and was trained as a professional chef. I also enjoy music and have served as a church musician as well as a member of a local choral group where I sing second tenor.

Our LPSG is most fortunte to have members who have a wide diversity of talents and interests. BTW, even though I don't visit here as often as I would like, I am very proud to be associated with peeps who are so caring and supportive of each other. Your recent expressions of concern and love for ZIGGY, CHRIS, YAOIFUN and THANATOS are exemplary. Please give yourselves a large round of applause coz YOU DESERVE IT AND I AM VERY PROUD TO KNOW YOU!

RICKY_27

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by RICKY_27@Feb 23 2005, 01:13 AM
I am pleased to see that so many of you are intersted in food and some are professional musicians. I work as a food service manage for Marriott and was trained as a professional chef. I also enjoy music and have served as a church musician as well as a member of a local choral group where I sing second tenor.

Our LPSG is most fortunte to have members who have a wide diversity of talents and interests. BTW, even though I don't visit here as often as I would like, I am very proud to be associated with peeps who are so caring and supportive of each other. Your recent expressions of concern and love for ZIGGY, CHRIS, YAOIFUN and THANATOS are exemplary. Please give yourselves a large round of applause coz YOU DESERVE IT AND I AM VERY PROUD TO KNOW YOU!

RICKY_27
[post=285576]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey, RICKY_27 -- You're gotta be the Rick I know. This is really Luke, am I right?

Mr.Stout

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its been great reading through this topic alot has been posted since yesterday. I has reminded me of someing I actually do think I am good at and have fun with too. I think I have the ability to tackle any problem and figure it out. That doesn't sound too impressive but this includes figuring out how things work and thus don't work and then fix them. It includes problem solving and investigating situations both abstract and concrete. It is because of this that most people ask me for help with anything and everything, and am typically called a jack of all trades. :blush:

philberttrw

Experimental Member
Media
I consider myself to be a fairly gifted actor, and I have a decent tenor voice... Much like DMW, I've done quite a bit of theatre, but nothing quite so involved as opera. I am a terrifically fast runner, and when I get back into the groove (after a week or two) I can usually get myself back under a 5:25 mile.

Uh... And I can speedread. Like a blazing comet.

...Does being good in the sack count? I know I am good at that :)

InsertHere

Experimental Member
Media
This is an awesome topic!

It looks like we have a lot of musicians here and I'm one of them - mostly a trumpet player, but I have also done some piano and enjoy singing. I just recently started singing in the school choir as an alto. My musical talent is maybe slightly above average and I'll never be a professional, but I really enjoy it. I'm also fairly good with the written word, especially poetry, although I haven't put pen to paper in a while now.

My main hobby, which is also my future career path, appears to be unique to me among LPSG members - I ride horses! I'm a hunter/jumper rider and I just recently started studying dressage. I'm no natural talent, but I've worked very hard at it since I was nine years old and I'm pretty good, if I do say so myself!

I also hear that I give great head, especially considering my age and limited experience.

Pappy

Media
Let's see where to start?? I have played drums, and other percussion instruments, for almost 40 years, I sing, I can cook, I used to work in Tech Support for a local ISP and I used to work on cars before they became so computerized, but I don't do windows!!

InsertHere

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Altairion@Feb 23 2005, 04:16 AM
woot for another trumpet player. IH, I love you now :wub: :wub:
[post=285634]Quoted post[/post]​

yay! We can be brass dorks together! :wub:
What kind of horn do you have?

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by InsertHere+Feb 22 2005, 10:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(InsertHere &#064; Feb 22 2005, 10:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Altairion@Feb 23 2005, 04:16 AM
woot for another trumpet player. IH, I love you now :wub: :wub:
[post=285634]Quoted post[/post]​

yay&#33; We can be brass dorks together&#33; :wub:
What kind of horn do you have?
[post=285643]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

My original horn is a Yamaha, still in good shape. My better model is a Getzen Renaissance. My best friend and I went back and forth in high school over which model was better his or mine, (he had a Bach Stradavarious (sp?)).