Whats your special talent?

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Damn, am I the only person who has the gift of silence?

I can draw and write to a fairly decent standard, which is important to me because I have a scientific background and I feel the need to diversify or die!

I am also fairly endurant and have a knack for knowing when something's right or wrong about myself.

summertime01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Was in a hurry to post the other day & being that it was the first day in about 5 days that we had seen the sun here, I only felt like singing, yesterday. My other interests include horseback riding since age of 3 (never have done dressage, but have observed a number of times), ballroom dancing (very relaxing!) & running. Run through the sleet, snow, rain, & sun throuhgout the year, it is definitley my High! I do not compete, although I've been strongly encouraged to do so, I run for the pure enjoyment.

InsertHere

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Altairion+Feb 23 2005, 08:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Altairion &#064; Feb 23 2005, 08:11 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by InsertHere@Feb 22 2005, 10:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Altairion
@Feb 23 2005, 04:16 AM
woot for another trumpet player. IH, I love you now  :wub:  :wub:
[post=285634]Quoted post[/post]​

yay&#33; We can be brass dorks together&#33; :wub:
What kind of horn do you have?
[post=285643]Quoted post[/post]​

My original horn is a Yamaha, still in good shape. My better model is a Getzen Renaissance. My best friend and I went back and forth in high school over which model was better his or mine, (he had a Bach Stradavarious (sp?)).
[post=285663]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Mine is also a Bach Stradivarius, silver-plated with a 72 bell. I did try a Yamaha but I didn&#39;t like the way it locked into the notes, although I can see how this would be an advantage in some cases. Maybe I should just have both&#33; I&#39;m afraid I have to go with your friend on the which is better argument - I love my Bach Strad&#33;

B_Carolina

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Count me among the musicians. My instrument is a guitar and I just picked up a new acoustic electric. It&#39;s like Christmas all over again. Other talents would be telling a good story - part of my job description as a journalist I suppose.

Randarak: I dont know that this counts as a talent, but I seem to be a large store house for lots of useless trivial knowledge in a variety of topics...

NelsonMuntz84:
Originally posted by surferboy@Feb 23 2005, 07:28 PM
I&#39;ve been a surfer since I was 6. Does that count?
[post=285747]Quoted post[/post]​

Well since I&#39;d drown if I tried it, I&#39;d say so&#33;&#33; :lol:

I&#39;ve played football (soccer) since I was 4 y/o, so its the same idea I guess.

chris319

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can masturbate non stop, like I just have now three times in a row and I dont know why
Because it feels good?

I can&#39;t let this go by without asking: How many times in a typical day, and how many times is your record?

chris319

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have programmed in the following computer languages, all self-taught:

BASIC (several dialects)
Pascal
C
6502 Assembly
8086 Assembly
68000 Assembly
Forth
Perl
Euphoria
Tcl
HTML (if you can call it a language)

By programming I mean writing a functional program of some sort.

I am an active investor (and pretty good at it, too), a competent chef, have dabbled in bodybuilding, and am conversant or serviceable in the fields of typography, auto mechanics, statistics, electronics, homeopathic medicine, comedy writing and television producing -- again, all of it self-taught. I know enough musical theory to be really, really bad at it. I know enough German to say that mr38cm hat eine geil Teil. I suck at history.

And that&#39;s just out of the sack.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Since we are sharing recipes I though I would include this one for Panzanella. This recipe is actually from Giada De Laurentiis but I like to add feta cheese and about 1/2 of a red onion and some peperoncino. Artichoke hearts are really delicious in this as well. You can buy roasted red peppers but I just do it myself. Also please use fresh garlic&#33; That stuff that comes in a jar scares me. This dish is wonderful in warm weather but I make it year round. Make sure you use really good fresh ripe tomatoes it makes a world of difference. I hope you try it and enjoy it.

Panzanella

1/4 cup drained capers
2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
12 ounces ciabatta 2 to 3 days old
9 ripe tomatoes (about 2 1/4 pounds total), cored and scored on the bottom
2 tablespoons plus 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
1 cup drained roasted red bell pepper strips
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved lengthwise
Fresh basil sprigs, for garnish

Soak the capers in 2 tablespoons of vinegar in a small bowl for 10 minutes. Drain.
Cut the crust off of the bread. Cut into 2-inch slices and grill, drizzling about 2 tablespoons of olive oil on both sides of the bread. Once grilled, cut or tear bread into 1 inch cubes and set aside.

Submerge the tomatoes into a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tomatoes to a large bowl of ice water to cool slightly. Using a small sharp paring knife, peel off the tomato skins. Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut the tomatoes into 1-inch cubes and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk 2/3 cup of oil, 1/4 cup of vinegar, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the bread cubes, tomatoes, and basil; toss to combine.

Transfer half of the bread mixture to a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish.

Arrange half of the roasted peppers, drained capers, and olives over the bread mixture. Repeat layering with the remaining bread mixture, then the remaining roasted peppers, capers, and olives. Cover the salad and let stand at room temperature for flavors to blend, at least 1 hour.

Garnish with the basil sprigs and serve

Cart2579

Just Browsing
Media
Myself, being the engineer that I am, I can pretty much fix anything put in front of me. I do all my own work on my Jeep, plus I am the guy that gets the call when some broke something. I also am one heel of a cook, dad was an amateur chef, grandfather owned a diner, then a bar/resturant, that my dad took over. So I gained the talent of taking anything and making it taste great.

amethyst

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow, what a fun post Yaoifun&#33;

I love to teach, and I get to do it frequently in my profession. I get good feedback so I must be decent at it.

Also, I wrote a bunch of poetry (about 17 peoms through a years time) a couple years ago when I was going through a divorce and a few other big life changes, just to help me express myself somehow. I don&#39;t think very many of them, in of themselves, are spectacular but I will admit that reading them beginning to end is pretty amazing because it shows the process I went through healing and changing a whole bunch of shit in my life.

Anyway, here is one of the poems. Hope you like it :blush:.

The Fragrance of Life

The more I learn, the clearer I see,
What I need to prosper in life is inside of me

It’s the joy that I feel; it’s the love that I give
It’s what I decide to do with the life that I live

It’s the trials, the triumphs, the choices I make
It’s the laughter, the pain, the stupid mistakes

I have spent so much time trying to control my circumstances
That sometimes I have forgotten to participate in life’s dances&#33;

The dance of life knows no order or rhyme
It follows a path that flows through time

This path is composed of experiences to feel
Which strengthen my heart and give life its appeal

The beauty, the joy, the pain and the strife
All are part of the fragrance of life.

Amethyst

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by surferboy@Feb 23 2005, 03:28 PM
I&#39;ve been a surfer since I was 6. Does that count?
[post=285747]Quoted post[/post]​

Of course that counts&#33; You&#39;ve also said your in a Ska band, so that counts as another musical person too :p

I&#39;m glad everyone likes this thread, and see, it&#39;s true, everyone DOES have a talent. I am surprised at the number of artists/musicians though...pleasantly surprised at that&#33; We should make our own ensemble...the LPSE&#33; :p :lol:

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Feb 24 2005, 08:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Feb 24 2005, 08:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-yaoifun@Feb 25 2005, 01:05 AM
I&#39;m a Fermata...Hold me&#33; :)

Now that&#39;s funny&#33; :lol:
[post=286190]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

yea I saw that a few days ago and laughed for five minutes :)

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by yaoifun@Feb 22 2005, 08:30 AM
That&#39;s great&#33; What exactly are you doing in music?
[post=285334]Quoted post[/post]​
I&#39;m basically a studio musician. My main instruments are bass and guitar.

haven&#39;t exactly lived the rock &#39;n&#39; roll lifestyle :D

summertime01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dr. Dilznick,
One does not have to live the rock-n-roll lifestyle to be into rock-n-roll. You know that already, I&#39;m sure.
My young son is an extremely accomplished drummer for his age, very respected in his field, and many say, "will go far" especially since he has his head on right. I am a roadie as often as i can be. Quite a number of folks are surprised at how he is already such a serious young man.

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Altairion+Feb 25 2005, 03:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Altairion &#064; Feb 25 2005, 03:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Feb 24 2005, 08:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-yaoifun
@Feb 25 2005, 01:05 AM
I&#39;m a Fermata...Hold me&#33; :)

Now that&#39;s funny&#33; :lol:
[post=286190]Quoted post[/post]​

yea I saw that a few days ago and laughed for five minutes :)
[post=286252]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Glad you both like it&#33; It&#39;s a LOT better than my old sig X&#39;D What always makes me laugh is when the last not in a song is a rest with a fermata over it, which to me makes absolutely no sense&#33; It&#39;s not like there&#39;s even another instrument that is playing a final note to make the fermata applicable, but it just isn&#39;t so. Like I said, it makes me laugh.