Whats your special talent?

cypher13

Experimental Member
Media
From looking through the postings so far:

At one time, I made my living from doing calligraphy. Had quite the client list in New York....can't sell calligraphy in Phoenix, though....

And we all know about my forays into musical comedy and, ahem, filmmaking....

But, the most relevant observation....

If you can repair things, you basically have the world at your feet. Through the decades, I have learned to repair just about anything and everything likely to be found around a typical house, though this is getting more and more difficult as things get smaller and parts and specialized tools become harder to come by - but I can de-solder and re-solder surface mount electronic components, which often seem the size of a grain of sand.

And yes, it is true. My observation is that women love it. Their children, especially the boys, love it. So, if you want to get more dates, get a "Reader's Digest" or similar book about how to fix household things (which is a good place to start) and invest in a few tools. You will never regret it.

husky14620

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by cypher13@Feb 25 2005, 12:39 PM
From looking through the postings so far:

At one time, I made my living from doing calligraphy. Had quite the client list in New York....can't sell calligraphy in Phoenix, though....

And we all know about my forays into musical comedy and, ahem, filmmaking....

But, the most relevant observation....

If you can repair things, you basically have the world at your feet. Through the decades, I have learned to repair just about anything and everything likely to be found around a typical house, though this is getting more and more difficult as things get smaller and parts and specialized tools become harder to come by - but I can de-solder and re-solder surface mount electronic components, which often seem the size of a grain of sand.

And yes, it is true. My observation is that women love it. Their children, especially the boys, love it. So, if you want to get more dates, get a "Reader's Digest" or similar book about how to fix household things (which is a good place to start) and invest in a few tools. You will never regret it.
[post=286336]Quoted post[/post]​

It also used to be a very good living to be able to repair things. I know, for it is my talent as well. But unfortunately our disposable society and off-shoring have made most items un-repairworthy. It is cheaper to buy the new toaster than to buy the part to fix it, let alone the labor. Same for the VCR, stereo, computer, lawn mower, laser printer, blender, etc. I fear we who can fix (almost) anything are a dying breed. Only things left are major appliances and automobiles really.
(Sorry if this seems more a rant, it has become my pet peeve. Down peeve, down.)

And not just the women love it, there are a lot of gay guys who don't know one end of a wrench from the other. I used to be in much demand for the odd household repair. And I often just go ahead and fix things in my landlord's place, because by the time he gets to it, the damage is worse than if I just do it myself when I find it.

penilecode

Just Browsing
Media
I love to paint, and sing. I am a baritone and/or 2nd tenor. I just had a chance to sing three nights on board the ship we just took a cruise on last week to Mexico.

zzorus

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Feb 23 2005, 11:15 AM
I hate to blow my own horn, but ... I have a pretty good lyric baritone voice. At least it was good enough to land me the roles of Papageno, Valentin, Moralès and Renato in their respective operas. And my vocal, acting and dancing abilities were responsible in my getting cast in some pretty decent productions of several musicals. I'm good with languages; I speak seven and dabble in about twelve others. And I'm a competent cook. My Louisiana specialty is a crabmeat and andouille étoufée. And I'm rather good at calligraphy.
[post=285557]Quoted post[/post]​

Impressive roles! It's been a few years since I've seen the Mozart, Gounod or Verdi; but only a 18 monts or so since I last saw Carmen.

Are you continuing with the opera/musical productions?

I'm not long home after experiencing Tosca with a great new cast.

I really am impressed!

zzorus

D

deleted111

My talent is probably computer problems.
I love music and played in instrumental groups for 10 years with 4 different instruments.
Nowadays I enjoy watching DVDs, listening to music, and going to art exhibits.

Nate