What's your take on the transgender thing?

Media
Ultimately this is an individual decision. Chastity has a right to her own body. This echos the abortion issue for me. Individual rights.

While I am not so hot on the idea of a sex change, I would never declare that my point of view is the right one. I may not agree with it but even so, it is her life.

Something about it is unsettling for me, not because I judge them for doing this, because it is a HUGE life change.

I have met transgendered people from all over. The stigma associated with the GLBT community is a harsh one and is NEVER easily faced as it both disappointing and frustrating. The lack of compassion some people seem to have no trouble showing, really brings everyone else down in the process.

I wish Chastity the best of everything and anyone else who choses to follow this path.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Gender confusion is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. My main problem with it is I don't think the surgery, particularly female to male, is viable. There is no way a scalpel will improve on nature. Either one you end up as a neuter. You can go from gender to gender in appearance perhaps, but not in sexual function. I support surgery for adult intersexed individuals. But, genetically normal males and females will always be XX or XY, no matter their surgical gender assignment. I wonder how many trans people would not resort to surgery if we could just start accepting the way they are.