What's your vasectomy experience

ducker005

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It seems that nobody regrets vasectomy except the ones who still want kids for some reason.
But when you google it you see a lot of complaints about medical issues. I suppose some are promoted by religious advocacy groups against contraception.

What's your real experience? Not the immediate pain. Any changes in libido, sex frequency, jerk off performance etc.

williamsw

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i had a severe hernia , and it damaged by one testicle, before surgery , i asked the urologist if at the same time if he would do a vasectomy . he advised against it , it would change testosterone levels .
it was not done .

Reactions: ducker005

7x525

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
a week of discomfort but i cannot tell the difference at all in any regard. i also think we had sex on 4th day. wife was on depo so it didnt matter. the first o was a little scary but it was totally fine

Nosuportneeded

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Love mine. Been about 10 years I think. Never a bad thought about it. I have been to the doctor for a mild ache and a lump a few years ago. They said it's probably varicocele (enlarged vein of scrotum) after looking at the ultrasound. Very minor, never treated it. That's the only urological complication and it is unknown as to its connection to the vasectomy. I read that it can be more likely in men with vasectomy. Honestly, I would do it again, if need be, 100%. I'm 38. For women with kids, this generally is a plus, I find. It can be more tempting to go unprotected.

Anodin

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Next year it will be 30 years I have it done. Only 20 minutes, 2 small incisions, no suture, no pain and I was snipped. No pain killer, no antibiotic. The next day I felt a little discomfort in my useless vas deferents, my testicles were sensitive during a week or two and the sack had beautiful colors. The swollen balls were very sexy in a tight swimwear! The same day I did a solo test and the next day a prudently try out with my wife and ererything was ok. 6 or 8 weeks later (I don't remenber) the urologist didn't found any sperm in my semen and declared I was a rose without thorns, I was a sterile lover now. My libido increased, the erections, pleasure and ejaculation remain the same. My testicles did'nt change but my epididymis became a little bigger and erogenous. After my divorce some women told my the semen of vasectomised men is more attractive because the smell is more agreeable and the taste is softer. I think it's also a little bit more watery and a snipped congener told me the color is a little greyish compared to intact males.

Wifehasnoclue69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It's been 5 years took 15 min had numbing cream to use before the local needle injections so no discomfort from being stuck with the lidocaine Had the no scalpel technique done 1 incision healed in about 5 days no bruising no need for pain meds just a frozen bag of peas on the sack for a few days

No difference in performance, ejaculation volume, color or consistency
So a successful procedure

AdamFin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

batnballs67

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My experience is similar to most guys posting. The procedure was a non-event. Thanks to the valium beforehand I was pretty relaxed about what was about to happen. A couple local anesthetic shots felt like a rubber band was snapped against my sac. My doc made sure I had a jock to wear home. He was clear compression shorts wouldn't help...gravity wasn't going to be my friend. That was very true! I needed support for about a week since I was on my feet at work a lot.

I had some solo fun to try things out the day after being very careful not to bounce my balls. No differences.

Healed in about a week. Pussy shortly thereafter. Six weeks later I had given 2 sperm free samples and was given the all clear. Everything works, looks, and feels the same. Other than 100% bareback with my wife, which is way better than condoms!

AdamFin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
best thing I ever did.... 2 day recup, then had sex on the third, still feels exactly the same!!!!

I strongly recommend waiting a week for sex or jacking. Some might be fine sooner (as reported) but I was not! The true jock strap is a must. Ditto: Compression shorts or tight briefs are not enough. I needed a real jock for longer than most and regretted trying “just” tight briefs too soon.

But once healed, no issues!!!

AdamFin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The doc who did my snip was a true asshole. A miserable human. Worst doctor in terms of bedside manner so ever had. But he was a very good surgeon who had done a ton of procedures. In picking a doc, pick one who you know has done a bunch of procedures on men you know who have had happy results. While rare, truly horrible complications (sometimes involving life long pain or even death from sepsis) can happen. An experienced doc AND one with good technique (whether scalpelless or tradition double incision) matters a ton at reducing risk of complications. Go to the best, not the nearest!!

Anodin

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The doc who did my snip was a true asshole. A miserable human. Worst doctor in terms of bedside manner so ever had. But he was a very good surgeon who had done a ton of procedures. In picking a doc, pick one who you know has done a bunch of procedures on men you know who have had happy results. While rare, truly horrible complications (sometimes involving life long pain or even death from sepsis) can happen. An experienced doc AND one with good technique (whether scalpelless or tradition double incision) matters a ton at reducing risk of complications. Go to the best, not the nearest!!

You're right: the experience of the doc is important! It is a simply procedure but if nerves of blood vessels are dammaged you will have a lot of problems!The tubes are easy to cut but there are between nerves and blood vessels!
And the result can differ, depending the used technique. Mayby interesting to tell wich technique was used in your case: scalpel, no scalpel vasectomy, open end, closed end, etc...
In my case it was the classic scalpel procedure, but the two incisions were so small they didn't need any suture. And he didn't remove anything, his cut the tube and stichted the ends side by side. So, if they grew again they could only grow away from each other.
And he was teachting the procedure to a jong doc, is was a strange sensation to be snipped in front of two men, by a male showing an other male how to sterilise a congener! ;-) I was wondering if the doc himself was snipped too...

AdamFin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You're right: the experience of the doc is important! It is a simply procedure but if nerves of blood vessels are dammaged you will have a lot of problems!The tubes are easy to cut but there are between nerves and blood vessels!
And the result can differ, depending the used technique. Mayby interesting to tell wich technique was used in your case: scalpel, no scalpel vasectomy, open end, closed end, etc...
In my case it was the classic scalpel procedure, but the two incisions were so small they didn't need any suture. And he didn't remove anything, his cut the tube and stichted the ends side by side. So, if they grew again they could only grow away from each other.
And he was teachting the procedure to a jong doc, is was a strange sensation to be snipped in front of two men, by a male showing an other male how to sterilise a congener! ;-) I was wondering if the doc himself was snipped too...

I had a traditional two incision procedure. He cauterized both ends and sutured one end of the vas. He did not do interposition of the vas. His incisions were tiny but required disolving sutures. His incisions were high (close to body) on my nutsack.

He had a male nurse who handed him stuff, etc. who had more personality than he did. I really appreciated no females were present. I would have been slightly uncomfortable.

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Mine was a very good experience. I had it done 25 yrs ago. After weekend in the sofa started having sex again two weeks later. All worked fine, loved fact not having to use condoms. Just cock in pussy felt great. Still same to this day. Not quite as much semial fluid. Everything else great!

Reactions: orangeC

AdamFin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Chances for developing prostate cancer increase for those who've had a snip job. Please be aware.

I heard that. I guess studies are inconclusive.

Mayo Clinic says:

Does vasectomy increase my risk of prostate cancer?
Answers from Erik P. Castle, M.D.
No, having a vasectomy doesn't increase your risk of prostate cancer.

Researchers have conducted many studies on this subject. The best current evidence indicates no increased risk of prostate cancer after vasectomy.

If you're concerned about your prostate cancer risk, talk to your doctor about possible symptoms and screening tests. You may have an increased risk of prostate cancer if you're African-American or if you have a close family member with prostate cancer.

HJ1958

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Had mine done about 16 years ago when I was married, now divorced. We had two children and decided it was all we wanted. The vasectomy was much easier for me to have. Followed the doctors orders, and all was just fine. In fact, I think my sex drive is better and find that my ejaculations are larger, more intense and have developed great pre-cumming at arousal. It seemed to mentally make sex so much better for me with the risk of pregnancy no longer a concern.