What's Your Workout Schedule?

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by D_Neeson Niceone, Jun 14, 2007.

1. D_Neeson Niceone

D_Neeson Niceone New Member

Hey guys, share your workout schedules (details!) and your goals!

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I want to look cute in a t shirt,,,my goal

3. Group51

Group51 Member

Albums:
    I want to lose 20kg.

4. D_Neeson Niceone

D_Neeson Niceone New Member

But you need to write what you actually do :p

5. bboy24

bboy24 Member

I don't really have an exercise schedule per say. Most of the time when I'm bored, I'll just start doing crunches, pushups and other stretches to keep myself in shape for bboyin'. I live next door to an elementary school so I'll go there and shoot hoops for a while. Also yard work really helps develop my arms. Being a distant runner, I also occasionally run around the lake behind my house when I have the time.

6. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

I workout 3-5 times a week.

The full workout is:
    10 mins warmup (stairclimber)
    40 mins weights - varies: day 1 is biceps, back and shoulders, day 2 is triceps, chest and legs
    10 mins abs - ab biking, russian twists, assorted crunches, leg lifts
    10 mins stretching
    20-60 minutes cardio depending on my schedule (usually either 30 or 40 mins) (elliptical machine or recumbent bike)

Quite often I don't have time for all of this, so I'll either cut down on the cardio or abbreviate the weights portion.

I don't have any goals really - I workout because I enjoy it and have friends at my gym who I enjoy exercising with.

7. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    gym 6xweek
    weight training 5 x week with a personal trainer
    cardio 2xweek(could be more but I'm trying to gain weight)

8. Risk10k

Risk10k New Member

Monday;

Max Effort Lower;

Squat/Deadlift variations for a 1-5 RM
    SLDL/Romanian DL/Good Morning
    Pull throughs
    Reverse Hypers

Wednesday;

Dynamic Effort Upper

Speed Bench with bands/chains or straight weight for 3 week cycles
    Tricep work
    upper back work
    traps
    abs

Friday;

Dynamic effort Lower

Box sqauts with bands/chains or straight weight for 9 week cycles
    hamstring work
    glute work
    reverse hypers

Saturday;

Max Effort Bench

Bench press variations for 1-5RM
    tricep work
    lat work
    elbow flexion work

Goals, total 2300 in total elite 275 class. So I'm looking to put on atleast 50lbs :)

9. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Mr. snakey starts his day with a morning work out in his jungle gym doing push ups. He then will do 5 sets of shoulder presses with his barbells. His cool down and rest period are midday to night time. He takes Flinstones vitamins 3 times a day and Peanut M&M's to get the fuel he needs and strength to lift the heavy weight.:cool:

10. visceraltuning

visceraltuning New Member

Currently, I do 70-90 minutes of cardio 6-7 days a week. I divide my time between:

Reclining Stationary Bike
    Upright Stationary Bike
    Eliptical
    Treadmill

Right now I'm in the process of slowly converting over to treadmill entirely because I will eventually just be jogging because I won't have a gym in Europe, where I will be for 2 months.

In the fall, I will convert to 45 minutes of cardio of one type followed by free weights, 3 sets of 15 rep:

Military Press
    Bench Press
    Butterflies
    Reverse Butterflies
    Tricep extensions
    Reverse Bench Press or Bicep Curles

I don't do much with my lower body interms of weights but I know I need to add squats at some point because my booty is pretty damn flat. The only problem is the I don't want to spend the additional time. I already commit about 2 hours a day to the gym when I factor in workout, shower, and drive time, which is a little much. However, I always find the workout to be very satisfying; it really stablizes my mood and improves my sense of well being.

---------------------

Oh yeah, I also do 100 regular crunches and 50 external oblique cruches on both sides for a total of 200 . . . although I still have a gut :redface:

11. earllogjam

Gold Member

Workout schedule,

5-10 min stretching
    30 min cardio - usually elliptical
    20-30 min lifting weights
    10 min ab work or boxing work
    10 min shower + change

Repeat 3 or 4 times/week.
    I do it usually during my mid day break with all the gym regulars. It's a social thing more than anything. I like that tired alert feeling afterwards too.

12. Mr._dB

Mr._dB New Member

I reduced it to three days a week:

Mon - legs, abs

Wed - chest, triceps and shoulders

Fri - back, biceps and shoulders

With an explanation -- I divide shoulders into pressing and pulling movements, so the main shoulder pressing exercises go on Wednesday, the pulling ones like shrugs, upright rows, rear delt flies go on Friday.

13. Group51

Group51 Member

Albums:
    I ride to work 9 miles each way in about 45 minutes. So, I gym 3 times a week:

45 minute ride back from work to the Gym
    10 minute jog on treadmill
    20 minutes on the x-trainer
    2 songs worth of rowing.

I'm not really interested in muscles at the moment, just losing weight.

14. Stealthblade

Stealthblade New Member

On Monday, Wednesday, Friday (early a.m. all three days), and on Saturday afternoon, I'm at the gym 75 minutes. Half of that is cardio (elliptical and treadmil, totalling 2.5 miles; half is weight-training, alternating workouts on back/biceps; legs/shoulders; and chest/triceps. On Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday (early a.m.), I spend 20 minutes on the Nordic Trak, with the arm and leg settings both on high. Just about every evening, after work or after dinner, I also take a brisk, 2-mile, half-hour walk. I cycle on and off creatine.

At over 40 years of age, 5'7", 135 lbs., 12-percent body fat, 29" waist, 37" chest, my goal is maintenance. I can still wear clothes I've owned for 20 years.

But here's the kicker: when I look back at what it took to keep in the shape I'm in now when I was in my 20's, it was a walk in the park by comparison. I could get away with two visits to the gym each week, and a fraction of the cardio. Sheesh, that old Lewis Carroll line about having to do all the running you can just to stay in the same place never seemed more spot-on than it does now.

15. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

I slice a banana in half, and place it in a bowl. I scoop out three scoops of vanilla ice cream, and place them between the banana slices. Then, I cover it with chocolate syrup. Feel the burn. ooooo

I am 6'2", and I weigh 165lbs. I work very hard at my job, and don't get fat. (eats another spoon of the ice cream) ooooooo Feel the burn.

16. Principessa

Gold Member

I'm sure half the men and most of the women are cursing you as they read that post :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: Good for you I used to have the same type of metabolism until my thyroid went whacky.

17. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Well, I have a 32" waist too. hahaha Plus, I will be 47 in a couple of months. (Takes another bite.) oooo I feel the burn. I feel pumped. What a workout.

18. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Six days a week at 6am we run 3 kilometers to the beach, swim 1 kilometer and run back home. Then it's off to work. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, we go to the gym and work out with weights after work. For me having a workout buddy is a big advantage because you can't jam out.

I eat mostly carbs in the morning and protein late in the day. I don't eat anything after 8pm.

I am 6 feet 185 lbs and my body fat is about 8 or 9 percent normally. I got a little fat this winter and am working back down.

19. Falcon9

Falcon9 New Member

I swim 2500 meters (mile and a half) 3 or 4 x week. (that takes just a little over an hour each time.) Weights and core work every other day or so. I used to do the separate-day-thing to concentrate on certain body parts (arms, chest etc.) Now I just go and hit as many machines as I feel like in whatever order I feel like. I'd usually rather be swimming because it is good all over but the trainer I see at the gym yells at me to get upstairs and do weights too. And you kind of have to do what she says or she'll keep busting your balls. I eat what I want including oatmeal cookies, chocolate and blueberry muffins. 5' 10, 170 lbs, nearly 32 waist (again). It's a good life.

20. diamond

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You know when you asked me how long it takes me to swim 3 miles? I said over an hour, however thanks to the metric system that would be 3 km, and usually i only do one and half km, so sorry for the confusion, I was wondering why on earth you never responded, hehehehe I am sure you must have thought i was flipping bullshitting you HA HAHAHA:biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted