wheels wont fit

guiltrip

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm putting together this TV cart thing, and the wheels that supposed to go on the bottom wont screw in all the way, on one side at least. One side I could screw them all the way down with the wrench that came with it, but on the other side I feel like I'm stripping the metal every time and theres a little less than an inch left before its impossible to keep twisting. So right now I have a lopsided tv cart and I'm not sure if I should just take it back.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been in similar sitations. Its so annoying the when assembly instructions are unclear or don't co-incide with the parts actually supplied. Or when the parts themselves are so cheap as to self-destruct until normal usage. Its such a waste of time and materials when the assembled unit is inadequate or not-as-advertised.

I think the marketers and know this and count on the consumer to get discouraged and just give up or make do with a partially assembled unit. They're betting you won't take the time to return the unit. Not me. More than once I've disassembled such merchandise, reboxed it (at least as best I could) and returned it for refund. Just to spite them.

guiltrip

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I will probably take it back. You're right, they think they can get away with doing this because its a 50 pound product. Too bad it was the wheels they screwed up, if one of the screws on the side didnt go all the way in then that would be fine with me, but the wheels are what the cart is all about, and I dont want my tv sliding off of it!

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm putting together this TV cart thing, and the wheels that supposed to go on the bottom wont screw in all the way, on one side at least. One side I could screw them all the way down with the wrench that came with it, but on the other side I feel like I'm stripping the metal every time and theres a little less than an inch left before its impossible to keep twisting. So right now I have a lopsided tv cart and I'm not sure if I should just take it back.

IKEA has had many faulty kits through the years.