When a man looks at you?

Hard-n-Deep

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Now I know that this can sometimes be stimulating and ego boosting to women, and some eyeball flirtation can be harmless fun, however I'd like to hear some deep thoughts from you ladies on this matter.
Exclude the creeps and weirdos... What goes through your mind?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
It depends on the individual situation. Nowadays I don't think much of anything other than "Well, I guess he didn't read my 'I'm taken' body language".

When I was single, there were many factors that played into what would go through my mind. Where was I at the time, and what was I doing? What mood was I already in that day? Is he attractive to me?

Reactions: SoaringSpirit

Hard-n-Deep

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It depends on the individual situation. Nowadays I don't think much of anything other than "Well, I guess he didn't read my 'I'm taken' body language".

When I was single, there were many factors that played into what would go through my mind. Where was I at the time, and what was I doing? What mood was I already in that day? Is he attractive to me?
I think when I guy looks at a woman and he would like to make an impression on her... if he can at least read her body language than that is at least somewhat impressive.

If I looked at you for a few seconds, and I didn't look at you any further (assume I read you) may you look back at me at some later point, out of curiosity? The reason why I ask is because I notice some women look at me in a flirty way (that is nice) and some look in a curios way (that is interesting).

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I think when I guy looks at a woman and he would like to make an impression on her... if he can at least read her body language than that is at least somewhat impressive.

If I looked at you for a few seconds, and I didn't look at you any further (assume I read you) may you look back at me at some later point, out of curiosity? The reason why I ask is because I notice some women look at me in a flirty way (that is nice) and some look in a curios way (that is interesting).

Well of course, anyone would appreciate making an impression on someone they're attracted to. That's just human nature. I wouldn't call that impressive as much as just simply appreciated.

I'd like to know how you personally tell the difference between the 2.

If I'm looking out of anything other than reciprocated flirtatiousness it's most likely that I'm just watching my back. Not so much 'curiousness'. Having guys check me out isn't something new, it's just something that happens. It's not something to figure out anymore. It's pretty obvious when it happens.

Hard-n-Deep

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd like to know how you personally tell the difference between the 2.
I can't fully answer that with words, it's just something I read from them, it's a different eye movement and general body language aura etc. In some cases that intrigue has led to changes in their feeling towards me in a positive way as time goes on. For example: a lot of these woman are now repeatedly looking at me. I wish I could read their minds. I also sense they wish they could read mine.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I'm at a party or a large function I can usually pick out who is going to try to approach me from across the room. I'm not counting friends or acquaintances; those I expect. I'm talking a total stranger who looks at me in a certain way, almost like "I'm locked in," and he begins making his way toward me. My defense walls don't automatically go up, but they're armed.

Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, and it's someone I've been meaning to talk to either for my business or volunteer organization. But the majority of times it's to chat in an effort to gauge my availability or maybe my level of adventure.

Now, every so often I'll see a man, usually a younger man, who looks at me. He has no intentions of approaching, but his look appears to be one of approval, like "you look nice" or "I like you." That's an ego boost!

I can't really explain the difference between the two looks or how I know. I just do.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
"Simply noticing someone across a room" I'd like to hear your take.

Well noticing across a room usually doesn't involve immediate movement.
It's like a slow dance of a look, some time doing something else, another look.
Eventually, if I'm intrigued, I might start doing the same.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Guys misinterpret eye contact as flirting. A study was done where men and women were shown faces of women and we're asked to describe the look on her face. The women said things like, bright, happy, innocent, angry, etc. Men were most likely to assume the woman had a look of intimate interest.

I know that eye contact with men helps me at my job. But I am forever having to throw in the fact my husband said such and such or this and that to make sure they know im not interested.

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Generally if a guy makes eye contact I don't think too much of it... But if I think he's cute then I hope he thinks the same and that he'll come and talk to me. But he never does. Which is why not thinking much of it is the safer option.

Guys misinterpret eye contact as flirting. A study was done where men and women were shown faces of women and we're asked to describe the look on her face. The women said things like, bright, happy, innocent, angry, etc. Men were most likely to assume the woman had a look of intimate interest.

I know that eye contact with men helps me at my job. But I am forever having to throw in the fact my husband said such and such or this and that to make sure they know im not interested.
This sounds pretty accurate. Don't you find that talking to them makes it far worse?, even though you are a captive audience because you are at work, and you are speaking to them purely because it is your job. They somehow manage to misinterpret that X10.

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
This sounds pretty accurate. Don't you find that talking to them makes it far worse?, even though you are a captive audience because you are at work, and you are speaking to them purely because it is your job. They somehow manage to misinterpret that X10.

I must be an ugly mug or have RBF because I have only in rare occasions run into this problem. I laughingly tell my husband I have a protective shield around me and men do not ever approach me in casual conversation. Unapproachable. (Not complaining tho)

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I'm comfortable around someone I become overly friendly, and that has been misinterpreted at times. But it's usually me who approaches them without any other intention except to be sociable.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I can't fully answer that with words, it's just something I read from them, it's a different eye movement and general body language aura etc. In some cases that intrigue has led to changes in their feeling towards me in a positive way as time goes on. For example: a lot of these woman are now repeatedly looking at me. I wish I could read their minds. I also sense they wish they could read mine.

I'm just more forward than the women you're talking about I guess. I don't enjoy prolonged flirtatious periods. When I was single, if I was eye-flirting with a guy and he didn't eventually come up to say hi, I'd likely approach him myself. And, there's no confusing what my expression is communicating. If I'm not interested, my face will undoubtedly let you know.

^^ This! So true. I'm friendly and genuine... I make eye contact and smile with eeeeeeerrrrbody. Sometimes, I can immediately pick up on the lecherous vibe and it quickly changes to RBF, and the abrupt change makes guys go the other way.

But to the OP- it's flattering until it gets creepy. I usually try to determine if he wants to get to know me as a person or if he just is looking to get laid.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Fuck. Eye contact. If I'm polite will he be polite too, and then just go away after we've both been polite, or is he going to turn this into a whole thing? If I ignore him, will he go away, or will he come bother me?"

I'm busy. My FWB roster is full. There is only room if I meet someone I actually want to date, and I'm not really looking. I already know some men I'd actually like to date, and if I thought the timing was good with any of them, I'd have already advanced that agenda. It's bad timing. I'm too busy. They're too busy. One lives too far away, and I'll probably never even let him know I'm interested in anything other than occasionally spending some time together. So picking up on interest from a man is flattering, unless he makes it unpleasant, but not something I seek or really want to deal with.

And then there's context. Last night, I was driving my Uber. I took a break after a drop-off in an area I knew was going to be dead. Good opportunity to use the restroom, buy gasoline, stretch, finally respond to texts. Dude gets out of a car. I look at him just to make a note of his position relative to me and to my car. I immediately return my attention to my phone. He wants to know if I have a cigarette. No, I don't. I look at the car. There are two other men. I feel too aware of my body inside my clothes, I take this as a subconscious awareness that I'm being evaluated. I look up, he's going into the store, but he's still watching me. Back to my phone. I recently stopped speaking to a FWB, and his replacement is sending me funny pictures. I giggle. I can't help myself. Then, I remember being watched and check my surroundings. He's in the store. His friends are ignoring me. Three other cars are being fueled. Time to fuel mine and leave. When I get to my car, he's back. We are face to face. He asks me what I'm up to for the evening. I tell him I'm working and my break time is over. He says he likes to take breaks too. Who doesn't? I smile, tight-lipped but polite. I note that he is from the front passenger seat, and I need to close my door to allow him to leave, so I enter my vehicle. I say breaks make efficient work possible, but that hard work is key, and I'm ready to get back to the grind. My words are polite, bit dismissive. My body language says nervous and disinterested. He makes two more attempts to cajole friendliness from me. It is not forthcoming. I close my door, and as I make my way to a pump, I think, "He's handsome, but sloppy. He's the passenger, not the driver, he wants to be given a cigarette, and talked an awful lot about wanting to relax. Relax from what? Around here, no car usually means no job. No job would explain attempts to bum cigarettes from strangers who aren't even smoking. Nothing about this encounter tempts me to curiosity. No chance at all I want to entertain this dude. Why the fuck is that car still here? Dammit. I forgot to pay for the gas. Now I have to walk past that fucking car. Don't jiggle. You're jiggling! Slow down! Fuck these clothes. How did I never notice how much this outfit allows for jiggling? I need to do laundry. Is he watching? Don't look. Assume yes. Do. Not. Look. God damnit. You looked. And you couldn't even learn anything from looking because that window is too dark. Are they trying to see where I'm going? Please let them be gone when I'm done pumping gas. Pretty please. Walking back to the pump, past these people a-fucking-gain. Oh good. A huge woman is emptying the trash near my car. I'm gonna go make her laugh while I pump, then I'll feel good no matter what decisions remain when it's time to leave. Hey! They are pulling away! Ohthankgod.

Then I make the mistake of being the creepy one. My next passenger is a chef, and he smells delicious. Like... Literally delightfully edible. I blurt some awkward thing out about how good he smells, and instantly apologize. He chuckles and we discuss his menu. I'm grateful he didn't take it the wrong way. He smelled like a good lasagne.

These are the thoughts I have when men approach me. I've never liked it. My body developed quite early, years ahead of time and my face. Early experiences mist have felt somewhat traumatic. I remember being aware of my youth and vulnerability. I remember how pushy some grown men can be with girls. The same tension I matured with returns whenever a man appraches me with interest. I don't like being hit on unless I initiate. I don't mind a quick, polite exchange a man might initiate to guage my interest in being flirty. But I want him to go away or change his agenda to match mine immediately when I don't express interest. So, when a man looks at me, I'm usually just hoping he will leave me be.

Last edited:

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Men always stare or look, when I'm out I admit I do more than often flaunt my assets but I like to dress sexy and my husband likes me to also. I often notice women looking at my hubby too, to us it can be quite a turn on watching who's ogling who Lol even a little game sometimes. the thing is nobody ain't getting anywhere with either of us we're married and absolutely solid and if someone makes a proposition they'll be politely told so, we do sometimes flirt a little, I quite enjoy a little tease when I'm in the mood but not leading on anyone specifically I mean like shooting some pool seductively or just being sexy in general. it's our thing and we love to play but we never stray, if we were to it would be together and with another couple however it's rare that we'd pick up a couple when out as those opportunities are rare in our area. the swing part of our lives is pretty much closed shop within our established circles and based on experience and recommendations X