When and how do you use a bidet?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've seen these in european hotels but i've never used one. Thought they were for foot washing at first. Are you supposed to sit on them? Are they used instead of toilet paper? Do europeans use them instead of showering? Are there different kinds of bidet for different uses?

Anyone here regularly use one?

joman345

Experimental Member
Media
Generally you sit on in and turn the water on after you use the restroom. After wiping, let it rinse your ass hole and then wipe dry again. It gives a very clean feeling.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I always thought they were for French hookers to wash their Waginas.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Bidets have three valves: hot, cold, and mixed. You adjust the water temperature to your liking and leave the hot and cold alone. You then turn the center valve (mixed) on so that it hits your fun spot (butt hole) at the right angle and height. Of course, if you live with someone, they keep messing with the valves and complain that you're messing up "their" settings. But there's nothing like knowing you've got a clean butt. In most households, you don't use toilet paper except to dry your crack after cleaning with a bidet.

Uh, to you un-initiated North Americans, this applies to both MEN and WOMEN.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bidets have three valves: hot, cold, and mixed. You adjust the water temperature to your liking and leave the hot and cold alone. You then turn the center valve (mixed) on so that it hits your fun spot (butt hole) at the right angle and height. Of course, if you live with someone, they keep messing with the valves and complain that you're messing up "their" settings. But there's nothing like knowing you've got a clean butt. In most households, you don't use toilet paper except to dry your crack after cleaning with a bidet.

Uh, to you un-initiated North Americans, this applies to both MEN and WOMEN.

Do guys and gals use it as a urinal too?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I wipe first, then wash on the bidet. It feels so nice to be really clean down there. Midlife has a fancy model. Mine is cold water only :eek:

D

deleted3782

My first trip to Europe was when I was 12, and we rented an apartment in Brussels. We arrived at the place from the airport, and I had to piss really bad...so I ran into the bathroom and used the wierd low urinal. My mom used to live in Brussels and appreciated the bidet...I learned very quickly what a bidet was and its intended use. Live and learn.

As an American, I still don't get the hang of using a bidet though. I do appreciate the European's hand-held shower wands though.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Please note that bidets are Continental, not European.

Unless of course you want to argue that the UK is not part of Europe. Which is a nice thought, but with our unelected and unpopular PM seeking to ratify the Lisbon constitution-called-treaty against his clear manifesto promises and against the wishes of the people of Britain we do rather look stuck in the European nightmare.

Rant over.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Are you supposed to sit on them?
Yes.
Are they used instead of toilet paper?
No.
Do europeans use them instead of showering?
No.
Do guys and gals use it as a urinal too?
No. At least, they shouldn't.

With a bidet, one generally wipes as usual, moves over to the bidet to rinse and wash, then wipes/pads dry. It's not like any, ahem, solid matter gets rinsed away with it, and the bowl of a bidet is, hygienically, closer to a sink than a toilet.
They're certainly not a necessity, but very useful, especially for men with a more hirsute lower half.

They're also excellent for rinsing out sand from between one's toes. :smile:
And vomiting in when one happens to be sitting on the toilet, drunk. :cool:

If/when Merc and I move into a new house, I'll pay good money to get a bidet installed.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They're also excellent for rinsing out sand from between one's toes. :smile:
And vomiting in when one happens to be sitting on the toilet, drunk. :cool:

Yes I used mine for rinsing the sand off my feet only yesterday.:biggrin1: I've also used it for your other suggestion too but not for some time. :wink:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I know they sell many of them here. Are they very expensive?

I just bought one of those shower heads that is on the long tube you install yourself with no tools. i bought one at Lowe's with a roll of plumbers tape and i was all set. My toilet isnt too far from the bathtub.