When assholes around here bitch about women not reporting sexual assault...

D

deleted924715

Man abuses 150+ girls before facing justice. Outrage is directed by some towards female judge for making mean comments to the convicted child abuser during sentencing. It took me a while to absorb the insanity of that information.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Man abuses 150+ girls before facing justice. Outrage is directed by some towards female judge for making mean comments to the convicted child abuser during sentencing. It took me a while to absorb the insanity of that information.

I don't have a care about Nassar's feelings, but I do have a nagging worry that judge Aquilina's remarks risk creating some wiggle room for the filing of an appeal.

Appeals courts can be fickle and my preference would've been remarks that didn't leave a worry that this guy and an expensive lawyer might talk their way into a retrial in the future.

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hmmm , 175 years . If he is able to survive inside ( which I doubt ) , he can't reach the " parole " window , so he's never going to see freedom again , unless there is a successful appeal . I give that , a snowball's chance in hell . Sayonara you piece of shit .

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
US Olympic committee is forcing the immediate resignation of the entire US Gymnastics board of directors:
USOC Gives US Gymnastics Board 6 Days to Resign or Face Decertification. All remaining staff and the new board will be required to attend training specific to stopping sexual abuse of athletes.

I'll note that US Olympic Committee is under criticism as well and may see some housecleaning happen there as well.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Heh, didn't know what you were referring to at first, it's cuz that guy's already on my ignore list :p

Probably where I need to put him.

I was just so incredulous! I didn't know how he meant it. Did he mean like, all the girls this guy assaulted? Or was he saying that Nassar was a skank? The people want to know! But wait. Probably not. Better left untouched. ;)

the_new_godiva

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Appeals courts can be fickle and my preference would've been remarks that didn't leave a worry that this guy and an expensive lawyer might talk their way into a retrial in the future.

And allowing a retrial will open up all those wounds for those women. The end of this and his sentencing were an important step in their validation and healing - it's twice as bad when that gets undone for any reason. The trial was fair, and although the judge went a little above and beyond her duties, I wouldn't expect there to be a retrial if only to consider potential suffering for all those women again.

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
My parents didn't believe me when I told them a neighbor molested me. I didn't bring it up again for years. When I did, I also brought up how furious I was over their prior behavior. Then they said something to the effect of not knowing what they thought I expected them to do about it/what could they have done about it.. which made me even angrier and I've never spoken about it again with family.

This is all part of the "just get over it" mentality, in this case coupled with a strong dose of denial. If something is too difficult to deal with, just ignore it.....it'll go away. Right?

Fucking unreal.