When did shorts become longs?

texjoe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not sure where you do your watching, but at every gym I go to, I've never ever seen low-slung pants/shorts. Now, for ordinary pants, I've seen low-rise (which is actually an adaptation of women's style from the late 90's by men, then crossed over entirely) but I've not seen men wear it in public, with pubic hair sprouting out. Women, yes. Men, no. Abercrombie & Fitch look is in their ads, not in their clients.

Amercan pants in particular are strangely high-waisted for men, which I can't grasp. And low-rise also gives you an incredible basket.

I'm just glad that we got, somewhat, away from the full-length baggy track pants popularized by circut party guys. Talk about dated. I'm not sure we should go back to the 20's look in beachwear either (why not?).

But I do intensely dislike the adult-diaper look.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I prefer today's shorts. In the 70s and 80s people were wearing shorts that looked like The Crocodile Hunter's, and it looked ridiculous. I'm fine with cargos just above, or just below the knee.

Besides, with shorter shorts, I frequently had this guy's problem:

http://i14.tinypic.com/2q0srgz.jpg

I hate to say it, but I expect that shorts-length preference for men will correlate with sexual preference.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've always hoped that the renaissance style of tights and codpiece with a short jacket would come back.

I'm sure this correlates with my sexual orientation.(not preference)

Longshorts are really the only things I wear in public, if that. Generally i'm covered from head-to-toe, beyond full length shit, sometimes gloves (oft. armored), even my face is hiding behind ballistic sunglasses and the shadow of a broad-rimmed hat.

Definately not a "shorts" person here,.. shortest i've worn since childhood is just me underwear (large swim shorts, but still shorts) behind only an ankle-length long coat. Did it barefoot in a coastal town on a hot day, and walked mostly on the rocks or sand.

Was a nice day.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Amercan pants in particular are strangely high-waisted for men, which I can't grasp. And low-rise also gives you an incredible basket.

Most American men don't have the body to wear any other jean besides one with a high-waist or aren't clued in that they can find different styles of jeans to fit their body-shapes.

FWIW--Mrs. Lex had me try on a pair of low-rise jeans at the Gap, Express and J.Crew and they were a bit too extreme for me for everyday wear. I might get a pair to wear out to "special" events.

Quite an image in my mind. What inner torment causes such behaviour?
I've yet to realise it... for once I find the problem, I can solve it relatively easily.

Maybe I just wanna be a Real Ultimate Ninja!, as opposed to an american Ninja. ;) (eyes the gas mask and full webbed ballistic armor on the front page of a military gear catalog)... seriously, I dunno... but though the torment runs strife, my life is extremely fulfilling.

Maybe i'm afraid of being recognised. Maybe i'm afraid of failure. Maybe I love the unbound mask. I shall look out for it as I continue ever deeper into myself.

SlickWilly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not sure where you do your watching, but at every gym I go to, I've never ever seen low-slung pants/shorts.

hmmm... I see it EVERY time I go to the gym. They let all the local high school & college sports teams in for free. Most of the guys wear basketball shorts pulled half-way down their ass to show off their boxers... and most of these guys are in NO WHERE NEAR the shape they need to be in to pull this look off effectively.

Conversely, I've seen guys in their 60s wearing skin-tight spandex mini-shorts & racer tanks. Some are REALLY stretching the fabric- and not necessarily with muscle.

So... I can say I've seen unflattering looks in several age groups.

lots of fashion "don'ts" out there....