when did we get so many tools on this site?

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i'm not gonna name names or anything, but it seems that if you have an opinion that's different from a topic creators, people just get on your case. it's ridiculous. and then it's like, you're deemed "judgmental," i just don't get it? :confused:
Don't try to get it and don't sweat it. Don't let it eat at you. There are still plenty of places to post where people won't go nuts.

I have run into problems in various locations and I state my case and my view. If people get to bothered by it and start ratcheting up the volume and the attacks, I depart from that thread or at least from responding. It happened in Politics-which is why I steer clear most of the time, the same as I do (most of the time) when people who have never been to Iraq claim to know everything about it-and how we Iraqis feel about what is going on in our homeland. This is similar to, if I came along and spouted my great wisdom on the islands of Hawaii even though I have never been there. But, hey, I watched Hawaii 5-0 and Magnum P.I. so I must be an expert and wiser than you, even though you lived there. See what I mean? People form opinions and don't want to hear the other side.

To a great degree this board is just like the real world-people have their own ideas and sometimes cannot or will not let them go or allow people to have their own views. Look at the attacking from both sides in the recent Presidential campaigns, it sucks it's not fun; but it happens. Find what makes you happy, respond if something seems wrong and then let it fall by the wayside. The good thing about letting things fall by the wayside is you can pick them up again later-much better than throwing them into the canyon or the ocean.

D_season 5

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
no pun intended or anything haha

but it seems like there are a lot of angry peoples

angry people on this site...say it isn't so...fuck me to tears...

you wanna read what angry 'people' write to me as messages?

its no wonder i want outta here...but to spite them..i have decided to stay...fuck them...but not with my breeder...they lost that option some time ago...

i think its mainly from their sense of feeling inadequate...jealouscy, i dunno...i do suspect they suffer from low I.Q. for they don't know how to think..thus they don't know how to react...they just do what an animal does...ATTACK

and the other reason i stay..its selfish..i wanna be able to say..I TOLD U SO...

There are a lot of angry people everywhere, not just here. Don't let their anger infect you though. Anger has a way of spreading like a disease. Chronically angry people are that way usually out of personal failure (relationships, job, money, etc) and/or jealousy towards others. I've had a lot of experience with people like this with family members, ex-friends, and co-workers. I just put them out of my life, or limit my contact with them. I refuse to let their anger infect me. Being chronically angry has a devestating impact on a person's life as they end up driving people away from them and lose out on a lot of opportunities for success and happiness. Stay happy and positive my friend. :cool:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

I think your style of writing & communicating is possibly open to misinterpretation. Maybe thats why u get some stern responses?

Either way, just carry on being yourself. You cant please everybody so dont even bother trying. Sometimes it takes people time to see what u are about & to know how to read you properly.

As u were, Bruddha..:tongue:

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think your style of writing & communicating is possibly open to misinterpretation. Maybe thats why u get some stern responses?
Yep, that'd be me. Writing "brah" as if it's a fucking word. IT IS NOT.

That kind of stuff just gets on my nerves, and I don't subscribe to the idea that just because I am unhappy about something I do not have the right to say so. So if pointing out when people are using gibberish words makes me a douche, a tool, an asshole, judgemental or whatever, then I'll happily wear that label. At least I know what's a word and what's not.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

That kind of stuff just gets on my nerves, and I don't subscribe to the idea that just because I am unhappy about something I do not have the right to say so. So if pointing out when people are using gibberish words makes me a douche, a tool, an asshole, judgemental or whatever, then I'll happily wear that label. At least I know what's a word and what's not.
If you've never lived in Hawaii I can see how it could be disconcerting!
They are actually words in the islands!

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i too have noticed the anger in some posters...and then it snowballs to damn fucking mean comments...some times at me...but i can handle it...i run an insurance office...we are hated and loved many times a day...notice when economy is bad most people are just wanting to vent...venting on this site is NOT the place...piss off the first poster and things run downhill...what a shame...some are not tough enough and just leave...others like me are going no where...live to post another day...the ego's of some here are amazing...get over yourself..i think you must know who you are...should anyone want to know..PM me...nevermind i have turned into one of the tools that i dislike...i apolgize to those i have tooled...

barkerfan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There are a lot of angry people everywhere, not just here. Don't let their anger infect you though. Anger has a way of spreading like a disease. Chronically angry people are that way usually out of personal failure (relationships, job, money, etc) and/or jealousy towards others. I've had a lot of experience with people like this with family members, ex-friends, and co-workers. I just put them out of my life, or limit my contact with them. I refuse to let their anger infect me. Being chronically angry has a devestating impact on a person's life as they end up driving people away from them and lose out on a lot of opportunities for success and happiness. Stay happy and positive my friend. :cool:

Agreed 100%.
Surferboy, you seem like a great and down to earth guy. It's so easy to be brought down by others negativity. You just have to make the decision to rise above it, avoid it and/ or ignore it. Don't let them discourage you or effect your mood. Don't let them jade you. Stay true to who you are. People like you here for you and if they have problems with you or anything else, well, then that's something they have to deal with. Take heart in the fact that your life is most likely much happier than theirs.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

yah brah, you clearly have never been to any of the hawai'ian islands. it's how we talk. and if that bothers you, then don't come to the islands.

If you've never lived in Hawaii I can see how it could be disconcerting!
They are actually words in the islands!

mahalo nudeyorker! if you were here bruddah, i'd give you a hug

i too have noticed the anger in some posters...and then it snowballs to damn fucking mean comments

exactly. people get extremely mean. unnecessarily.

You could probably avoid the worst offenders by staying away from the "Politics" forum, especially threads started by . . . certain persons.

actually brah, i haven't gotten any hate on politics. not personally. not like i have in other parts of the forum

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I feel you, Surf.

There's people on here who you just have to look past. Their feul is your response. Anything you say to them they will use to continue their attacks. The less you say, the harder it is for them to attack you.

It happens to almost everyone on this site, so you just let it float off into the abyss and keep moving.