When did witch become a sub for with?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Can anyone educate me on when and why people started using the word "witch" instead of "with"? e.g.,"I'll be witch you in a moment". "She's witch me".

They say wit chu, never witch me.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One of the regionalisms in my voice most difficult for people in Florida to understand is that I use the same vowel sound for boom and room as I do in cook. There's a bar down here called Boom!, and when I refer to it, no one knows what the hell I'm saying :tongue:

Manchester in UK has something similar. I have cousins from there and they pronounce the 'oo' in look or book etc. like the 'oo' in soon or loom etc.

I don't really have a regionalism issue with my voice but I do have a clarity issue with 'ck' in the middle of a word. That's why I never use the word 'knickers' (underpants) because I'm scared it will come out sounding very offensive.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Then of course, if you watched DIE HARD over the holidays, you'd remember the scene where McClane is in the office barefoot for the 1st time, and he recalls what the guy next to him gave advice to do when he got there; "Fists widger toes-son of a bitch"