When did you finally lose your self-consciousness?

schwulboy1989

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When did you finally stop being shy about your body?

Any stories to share?

*EDIT*

I tried adding a poll to get a general idea, but LPSG was lame and wouldn't let me do it :(

so we'll do it old-school...

1. When did you stop being shy about your body?
2. What made you stop being shy?
3. Are you an exhibitionist, or do you simply not care if someone sees.
4. When you say shy about your body, do you mean all of your body or just your "private parts"? (when I said "old school", I apparently meant Kindergarten lol)
5. Do you not even like them to be able to see through clothing?
6. Do you find it difficult to hide your bulge? If so, why?
7. Any embarrassing stories?

this poll, while aimed at men, is completely open to anyone and everyone who wants to post :)

Please be kind to one another :)

Last edited:

schwulboy1989

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
to answer my own questions:

-I'm still pretty shy about it, but I want to get to a point where I simply don't care. It comes from years of hiding a bowl-chest, I think.

-I wanted to stop being shy when I met my current boyfriend. It's not that I want to desire showing off. It's that I don't want to care.

-ummmm....see 1 and 2...lol

4. When you say shy about your body, do you mean all of your body or just your "private parts"? (when I said "old school", I apparently meant Kindergarten lol)
-well, I am shy about my whole body in general, again, because of my bowl-chest. i'm also not exactly well-endowed (although it's nothing to scoff at, either)...i'm not afraid to post here, however, because the comments are from anonymous people, on pictures that where my identity is hidden...which means there's no reason to lie...so all comments are honest, and they make me feel good :)
(i suppose it's a personality flaw, but I can't take compliments in real life, because I'm paranoid and feel that they're forced)

-I hate people being able to see my penis. even a small bulge in jeans. hate it. it makes me feel uncomfortable, because i have friends who would make fun of me to no end. we're kinda love/hate :)

-not really...my new favorite underwear makes it difficult, because for the first time in my life...they only cover about half of my boner when i'm fully-hard and it stands straight up...

-not in particular...aside from the one morning that i had MASSIVE morning wood, and i wasn't wearing anything under my pj's...and my roommate was RANDOMLY in the room (he's not usually here)...and I was gonna have to sit in bed until it went down...luckily, the clothing I was gonna change into was within reach, so I did the typical try-to-be-nonchalant-and-cover-up-while-walking move...i made it to my closet, and changed, but WHOA MY GOSH was that terrifying O.O

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
To this day my father STILL laughs at this...

First day in P.E. we had to do the usual strip and shower, a lot of self concious, etc...

I came home, Pop noticed the confusion on my face (and was curious how first day of P.E. was....) so I blurted out "Pop, whats wrong with the other boys? is there somethig wrong with them?"

"What do you mean?"

"They were so tiny....."

I will always remember the booming laugh (then the look as he realized I had no clue)

My whole familly is 'big' down there...so I naively (sp) assumed that....

Actually there was a nother boy who was equally big...we were best friends until he moved 2 years later (the bond of the horse lol)

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Showering was mandatory in PE class during junior high and universal but not required during my first two years of high school . That was alright. Then in my senior year my family moved and I went to a high school in a different state and showering was not required or common. Also, it was a kind of tough high school and PE wasn't very strenuous so I stopped showering in PE. I wasn't really shy about my body, more about the situation. I imagined I would feel vulnerable.
Then I went to college and there were gang showers in my dorm and it was so hot outside that I was showering at least twice a day, often three. That was true of pretty much everyone else. The guys in my dorm were very cool. No more shy. I LOVED COLLEGE!
Dave

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
The LPSG has helped me a lot in this regard, actually. I never thought I was all that attractive but some of my gay friends here on the site have fussed enough over me that ... well, maybe now I think that I'm not all that bad. :redface:

I guess it's a little-discussed side effect of the disinhibition that happens on a site like this. I get WAY more positive comments on my appearance here than I've ever had in real life.

Steve

schwulboy1989

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The LPSG has helped me a lot in this regard, actually. I never thought I was all that attractive but some of my gay friends here on the site have fussed enough over me that ... well, maybe now I think that I'm not all that bad. :redface:

I guess it's a little-discussed side effect of the disinhibition that happens on a site like this. I get WAY more positive comments on my appearance here than I've ever had in real life.

Steve

That's so awesome! And you are pretty good lookin' :)

Built2Fuck

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually this is an interesting subject to me. For some reason I've never been shy about my body. I'm not sure why, but I'm just missing the fairly common human trait of modesty. Sometimes I wonder what modesty would feel like, actually. But I could walk ass naked into a packed stadium and fuck 10 chicks in front of the crowd and not feel shy or uncomfortble at all.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
1. When did you stop being shy about your body? Never been ashamed off, but at age fifteen.

2. What made you stop being shy? Had to use the lockerroom and the showers there.

3. Are you an exhibitionist, or do you simply not care if someone sees. Maybe a bit of an exhibitionist, but most of the time I don't care.

4. When you say shy about your body, do you mean all of your body or just your "private parts"? (when I said "old school", I apparently meant Kindergarten lol) Private parts.

5. Do you not even like them to be able to see through clothing? Can't help that, but if I can avoid, I will avoid.

6. Do you find it difficult to hide your bulge? If so, why? Not really.

7. Any embarrassing stories? Boners in lockerroom :rolleyes:, classic.

D_Polyphebus Hammertoe

Account Disabled
Media
I finally lost my self consciousness right after I broke up with the love of my life, when I was 24. He didn't treat me very well, and I had always been self depreciating... so my opinion of myself was at an all time low. After I realized how stupid all that nonsense was, I threw my self consciousness out the door, and have loved my quirky self since!

1. When I started working out in university - 1991 (early 20s). Communal showers were the norm, not the exception that they are today. I had to use them, or smell like a horse all day.

2. See above.

3. I have an exhibitionist streak in me around other guys. I also don't care if other guys see me. After all, we all have the same equipment.

4. Not at all shy about my body.

5. I don't wear the type of clothing that could be considered see through.

6. No.

7. The odd semi in the shower. One time I had to quickly finish my shower and leave the shower room because the most stunning looking guy I had ever seen in my life was showering completely naked about a foot away from me. I was getting a little aroused, so I thought it best to leave. This was in my younger days (about 16 years ago). I haven't had that happen in ages even when there are some pretty hot guys showering beside me.

ohhhey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I made the conscious effort once I started exercising and using changing rooms.

Exercise improved my self-esteem I guess, even though I hadn't done enough to actually change my body.

I just don't care really. If I cared I might be embarrassed.

4. When you say shy about your body, do you mean all of your body or just your "private parts"?
The only way I knew to stop being shy about my "private parts" was to show them off basically. I guess it worked.

I used to wear baggy clothes to hide myself but I got over it and I don't care now. I don't think I was really hiding anything anyway.

No, boners used to be difficult in school though.

I participated in a Spencer Tunick photo, 2500 completely naked people running around in the freezing cold.

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
I was really paranoid about being seen naked when small, was very stigmatized. I am very comfortable with my body now and while I don't go out of my way to be naked, if someone sees me, i dont care.

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
When did you finally stop being shy about your body?

Any stories to share?

*EDIT*

I tried adding a poll to get a general idea, but LPSG was lame and wouldn't let me do it :(

so we'll do it old-school...

1. When did you stop being shy about your body? Age 14 at Skool, I lost quite a bit of weight and ended up slim with big boobs and long legs....From that point on selfconsciousness went out the window!!

2. What made you stop being shy? see above.

3. Are you an exhibitionist, or do you simply not care if someone sees. Bit of both...Sometimes I like people to see/sometimes simply don't care...I do have some restraint though!!

4. When you say shy about your body, do you mean all of your body or just your "private parts"? (when I said "old school", I apparently meant Kindergarten lol) Everything.....

5. Do you not even like them to be able to see through clothing? Slightly confused here....I dnt have aproblem with quite sheer clothing...I am all for showing a saucy brastrap!!! :wink:

6. Do you find it difficult to hide your bulge? If so, why? LOL!!!
No I'm a girl!!! But I think I'd have trouble hiding my melons!!! :smile:

7. Any embarrassing stories? One but its too bad to tell!!! :wink:

this poll, while aimed at men, is completely open to anyone and everyone who wants to post :)

Please be kind to one another :)

yerrr, stop bitchin' biatches!!!! LOL!!!

D

deleted298367

To this day my father STILL laughs at this...

First day in P.E. we had to do the usual strip and shower, a lot of self concious, etc...

I came home, Pop noticed the confusion on my face (and was curious how first day of P.E. was....) so I blurted out "Pop, whats wrong with the other boys? is there somethig wrong with them?"

"What do you mean?"

"They were so tiny....."

I will always remember the booming laugh (then the look as he realized I had no clue)

My whole familly is 'big' down there...so I naively (sp) assumed that....

Actually there was a nother boy who was equally big...we were best friends until he moved 2 years later (the bond of the horse lol)

Hahahah that's priceless! :biggrin1::biggrin1:

cocktailweenie

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was a very shy kid. But when I was 9 my friends and I went to the YMCA and we had to swim nude. It was embarrassing the first time but after about three times I was more comfortable. Later, when I began showering after gym in high school there was no problem at all - but by then I realized I really liked seeing my classmates naked, so shyness was no longer an issue. It seemed all the other guys were OK with the nudity requirement except for one guy who blushed every time he entered the shower room and even cupped a hand around his cock! Today, I find a wide range of ages using the communal showers at my gym, including younger ones. I suspect the latter have gotten used to showering in school. However, the ones who face the wall and never turn around seem to have a hang up about showing their cocks. They don't seem to mind simply being naked around others. And it has nothing to do with the size of their cocks!

JP0724

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
1. When did you stop being shy about your body? I always thought that I had the smallest dick in my school and was petrified all through the sixth grade, and then when we went to middle school and started showering and I had already hit puberty obviously, and realized that not only was I not the smallest but was by far the largest kid in my class, I stopped worrying about my body. I was never modest another day in my life.

2. What made you stop being shy? I was never a shy person

3. Are you an exhibitionist, or do you simply not care if someone sees. I am not an exhibitionist, I will not go out of my way to ensure that someone sees me naked, but if I happen to be naked and you happen to see me then who cares, its just my naked body, it's not like you don't have one too.

4. When you say shy about your body, do you mean all of your body or just your "private parts"? (when I said "old school", I apparently meant Kindergarten lol) I was never shy about any other part of my body. I was alway a thin kid, never fat or chubby. I was good at sports and activities, never had any problems. I was very self conscious of the fact that I was short, but I got over that.

5. Do you not even like them to be able to see through clothing? When I was in a predominantly straight environment, I wore baggy clothes I guess because I thought I would be teased, but once I was out of High school and in college, and surrounded by Gay culture, that all went out the window and I wore and still wear today whatever feels best for me.

6. Do you find it difficult to hide your bulge? If so, why? Yes, sometimes it can be difficult, and sometimes it is still embarrassing because it can distract people. I have an Armani suit that is notorious for showing off my crotch, and it often distracts whoever I am trying to do business with. I do my best to be as professional as possible, but there is only so much you can do. It's there and it's not going any where.

7. Any embarrassing stories? Way too many to tell..