When did you know you realized that someone was gay?

AlextheRedhead

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For me it was on an airplane from San Francisco to Los Angles with a woman I had a weekend with. I was only 19 years old.

As we were collecting out things from the over head bins I watch two guys kiss in the cabin. They were so as matter of fact about it. I was amazed and absolutely perplexed.

I had never seen any thing like that before. I have to admit I was naive and thought that they must be movie stars.

So when did you see anyone gay and realized that gay people existed?
:rolleyes:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Someone was flirting with me in the mens room when I was having lunch with my mother, stepfather and brother and I was perplexed and titillated at the same time. When I recounted the incident when I got back to the table and saw all the color drain from my mother and stepfathers face I realized I should not have brought this up. My brother and I had to have the facts of life conversation (again) later that night in my stepfathers library.

Tevye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
For me it was on an airplane from San Francisco to Los Angles with a woman I had a weekend with. I was only 19 years old.

As we were collecting out things from the over head bins I watch two guys kiss in the cabin. They were so as matter of fact about it. I was amazed and absolutely perplexed.

I had never seen any thing like that before. I have to admit I was naive and thought that they must be movie stars.

So when did you see anyone gay and realized that gay people existed?
:rolleyes:
Probably when I was first told what it was. My uncle had a boyfriend and my aunt had a girlfriend who she later married.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
when i was a kid there was a boy in our class who would give blow jobs to any boy who asked for one...

but i must admit that until my mid 20s i was pretty clueless about noticing that anyone was gay unless it was extremely obvious...i just didn't notice...even when i was being hit on by guys, it just never registered...