when did you realise your sexual orientation?

B_ILIW

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i like women, mostly. but i could never do a thing with a guy. women are pretty whilst guys are ugly lol. but even still, i get turned on by cock, i don't know why. i only really have realised this over the past few years. before then, i never gave it much thought.

hrdhatdad

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'm from the rural midwest. I never went throught the "curiosity" stage because it seemed like everyone was eager to have sex. It also helped being good looking lol.

Reactions: Barberseville

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pretty much my whole life I have known I am straight. And after being on this site and seeing everything I have seen, I know for a fact that I am 100% straight!

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
kind, sorta recognized an attraction to men as a toddler; had no sense of it as a child.

with pubescence began to feel a sexual attraction to certain guys, and in prep school topped one of my school buds

continued to date chicks, but couldn't feel the same way toward them, and didn't really enjoy sex with them, unless one of my buds was part of the sex

at some point, I simply stopped dating chicks

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Kinda always knew I guess.

As a kid, through school, growing up, I knew I was male but I also knew I wasn't the same as other guys.

Women were attractive but rarely if ever interested in me, whilst certain men made me blush.

Was in my mid twenties really before I began to accept, understand, realise I was most likely gay.

Was jealous of straight mens straight sexual instincts for a long time.

joe531

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
13 was when I began to realize it. Most of my friends have always been girls. Not girlfriends but "girl friends". I was always uncomfortable/shy around boys and men when I was younger.

It took me until about 16/17 to finally realize, yes, I am gay.

csal21

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always kinda "forced" myself to like girls because I had it stuck in my head that guys are supposed to like girls. Never really ever found myself sexually attracted to the female body though. Around 14-15 I noticed I always checked out guys and never girls. Even then I dated a few girls and had sex with one. I think I just did it because everyone else was doing it. I wasn't really into it. I had one experience with a guy at 16 and continued to find myself increasingly attracted to guys. Then when I was 18 it just hit me one day: I'm gay!

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think sexuality/emotionality is an evolving process. I never thought that I could fall in love with someone of the same gender but it happened anyway. The sexual expression is just an extension of love.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I always kinda "forced" myself to like girls because I had it stuck in my head that guys are supposed to like girls. Never really ever found myself sexually attracted to the female body though. Around 14-15 I noticed I always checked out guys and never girls. Even then I dated a few girls and had sex with one. I think I just did it because everyone else was doing it. I wasn't really into it. I had one experience with a guy at 16 and continued to find myself increasingly attracted to guys. Then when I was 18 it just hit me one day: I'm gay!

I sorta understand this.

I thought I was broken, like hormone deficient or something, for a long time. I even tried herbal testosterone boosters to see if it would finally make me attracted and attractive to women in the way you see other men around you are. I tried reading books but that's not the easiest thing to do when you're in the closet in a small world.

I remember one book saying gay was a result of hostile women rejecting and intimidating men, lol.

Looking back, I'm pissed off that as little as twenty years ago, the only gay role models were repulsive, grotesque, camp characters. Entertainers to old ladies but not regarded as 'men' but tolerated 'queers' whom were safely contained behind the glass of a TV screen.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I knew that everything made me horny but realized that big tits (on a woman) and a nice furred man both made my dick drip...

my dad summed it up nicely one day...."when you grab a robe you have to swing both ways"....somehow made me realize it was okay to like both.... but there is a time and place for everything...

I could chase pussy but still mess around with men (never liked 'bois')....

if people asked I simply said I am 'sexual'.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe the sexual labels are a little bit too societal? I always believe that orientations are more than what those the society has always taught...