When did you realize you were in love?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by IntoxicatingToxin, Oct 13, 2007.

1. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

So that's the question... when did it hit you that you were in love with someone? Was it something they said or did, or was it a particular emotion you felt? Did it creep up on you, or were you aware it was coming?

Also... do you think it's possible to be IN love with two people at the same time?

I've been thinking a lot about my lack of love life lately, and all it's patheticness... just wondering about your thoughts on these questions. :smile:

2. lemont77

lemont77 Member

Albums:
    I've had it both ways. It's been like a bolt of lightning, where I just KNEW. And it's crept up on me, over a matter of months. It's a closeness you feel with that person, I think, and no matter when it hits, you just know.

And I think you can love two people at once, yes.

I'm not sure what you mean by "patheticness," though.

3. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've more been the "bolt from the blue" kind. But maybe there's another way!

I sincerely believe that, for a GOOD love to come into your life, you have to love yourself first.

That doesn't mean you have to be perfect, but you DO have to come to terms with yourself, and throw away all the garbage reasons about why someone else couldn't love you. :wink:

It's kinda corny, but it works for me...

4. earllogjam

Gold Member

Meg, Lemont77, I get a kick reading you two post on these threads. It's really sweet. :smile:

5. No_Strings

Gold Member

August 11 2007
    3:44:56 AM GMT

6. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Ive had many people that i loved but i don't think ive even been IN love.
    Who knows, maybe one day it'll happen for me

7. snoozan

Gold Member

You're insane, you know that, right? :kiss:

8. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    It hit me (her too) while we were washing the dishes at a friends party. It really was a bolt from a blue. I fell for her smile and laugh, and the naturalness of ours acts. It felt like instant trust and knowing.

The chemistry between people can be like right now or it creeps up until one day..wham. Either way, it feels so good, nothing beats love.

9. B_Edward Yawn

B_Edward Yawn New Member

Never. I have never been in love before, but I have been in hate plenty of times.

10. viking1

Gold Member

Sadly, I have never been in love...

11. B_Edward Yawn

B_Edward Yawn New Member

Fortunately, neither have I.

12. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I have an odd knack for knowing when it's going to happen... I can meet someone, and automatically "know". If that makes sense. I know we're going to fall in love, I know we're going to be in a relationship... it only failed me once, and that was when the guys ex wife got super ill, and he moved closer to her so he could help take care of their kids on a daily basis. Needless to say, he wasn't close enough to me. :smile: But that's okay.

13. viking1

Gold Member

Are you saying you don't want to ever be in love?

14. B_Edward Yawn

B_Edward Yawn New Member

Correct. Not interested. It is a waste of time.

15. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    August 11, 2007
    3:46:35 AM GMT

16. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Pffft...and they say women have keener intuition...and they develop before men...hah! :wink:

17. Phenix

Phenix Member

Albums:
    I didn't realize the depth of how "in love" I was with my partner, until he passed away 10 months ago...the grief process is agony, folks...so the moral of the story is: make hay while the sun shines and never take a single day with your love for granted...time is precious and slips away all too quickly...tell someone you love them as many times as you can...and you won't have regrets...I'm reminded of the words attributed to King Solomon in the Song of Songs: "Love is as strong as death." Peace,

Phenix

18. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I knew before then but I wouldn't admit it to myself. :redface:

19. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    When she went away.

20. silvertriumph2

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I love being in love. It's a wonderful feeling like nothing else. When I was in the 5th grade, my teacher wrote into my autograph book, "Dear Falling in Love, may life always be as wonderful as you think it is and my all your girl friends love you like you love them." I was always falling in love with girls and writing then notes in class that the teachers would somehow see being passed and intercept them. I was like a little puppy dog when it came to girls during that time and it was....real puppy love!

My first real love was that for my wife. The first time I saw her I couldn't catch my breath and I thought my heart would pound right out of my chest. I loved her from that very moment and knew that one day she would be my wife. She said hello and I literally couldn't speak, but could only just nod my head! She told me later she thought I was rude. I finally got the nerve to call her and after our first date we were never apart until our unfortunate divorce 4 years later (caused by the meddling and of her parents that became impossible for us to stay married). Even today, I have never lost that love for her, nor that of our son. I never accepted the divorce decree and still wear my wedding ring to this day.

So, YES, it is possible to be in love with more than one person at a time.
    I am!

My partner of today, and for the last 20+ years, I met at the gym. The image of him is indelibly imprinted in my mind and he will never change no matter how much he ages! My love for him was a bit slower hitting me than the lighning bolt that hit me when I first saw my wife, but it was no less intense and I am thankful every day that we are together. Our love for each other gains in warmth and intensity with every day.

Draft saved Draft deleted