When do people start to loose the "young" look

whiteboi33

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I say young, I mean the late teen/early 20's physical look. I am now 23, and some people didn't want to cam w/ me because they thought I was underage. LOL. I guess that bolds well when I am 50.

Of course, some people at 18 already look like grown adults, or worse. By contrast, there are people over 30 who look fantastic and like in their 20's.

1) At what age does that look start to go, on avg?

2) Is it genetic, or related to diet and other factors?

3) Which gender tends to age more between 20-30?

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
When I say young, I mean the late teen/early 20's physical look. I am now 23, and some people didn't want to cam w/ me because they thought I was underage. LOL. I guess that bolds well when I am 50.

Of course, some people at 18 already look like grown adults, or worse. By contrast, there are people over 30 who look fantastic and like in their 20's.

It's LOSE, not LOOSE.
Nowadays you can find decent looking guys even in their 50's.. like me.

travis1985

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It depends on the time. If you look at old pictures or watch old movies, you'll find that people appeared to be full fledged adults at 18 to 20. Today, that happens more around 25. I think it's a physical reflection of society. 50 or 60 years ago, you were an adult at the end of high school, but now it's expected that you'll be a "college kid" for several more years after that, even if you're officially an adult by law. Physical maturity is affected by what kind of life a person lives and how they view themselves, and the public's perception of what appears adult is affected by where people are generally expected to be in life at a certain age.

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's entirely relative firstly on genetics... secondly on how you treat your body: suntanning, fitness, nutrition, smoking, alcohol, sleep... blah blah blah.

I'm close to 27 and people think I'm 16.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was frequently mistaken for a man in his young 20s right up until the age of 40. People who meet me at work are still pretty consistently amazed that I'm 51, though I think I look every minute of it, if not older :rolleyes:

LambHair McNeil

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I'd say that if you do all the good things in life, and with a bit of good luck, you might keep that early/young 20's look to perhaps your early 30's. By then, it's not uncommon for hair to thin or begin receeding, grey hairs to start popping up, facial features to begin changing a bit, etc.

Now, if you eat poorly, stay in the sun 12 hours a day, get 3 hours of sleep on ave, and so on, who knows? Your genetic bank account might be able to take the hits or be exhausted completely by the time you hit 30. And there are always people who are the exception to the "rules".

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm 33 but I look younger (without the beard) - I think that's because I'm quite chubby and overweight so my skin is stretched a bit. If I lost weight, I'd start to look my age. I really don't think there is a defined point/age - it's different for every single person. And then there are the people who will never lose the young look and other people who never had it to begin with.

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's relative. If you are 16, people start to look old early. If you are 65, people start to look old late in life. I know what you are asking but you are going to get all kinds of answers because you are asking people from a wide age range.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am 38 and up until I started getting a little gray in my hair a year or so ago I was regularly mistaken for a college student especially if wore my university sweatshirt.

When I was 36 this young nurse in my doctor's office asked for my birthdate and when I gave it to her she "OMG I thought you about 20."

One time I was back at my Alma Mater for an alumni event and these two parents stopped me on campus and asked if I was there for the freshman orientation because they were trying to figure out where their son was supposed to register. I was 34 at the time but I honestly looked younger than their 18yo son who was with them.

It got annoying at times. One day when I was about 35 I went to the grocery store to get a case of beer and his matronly lady behind the counter shot me this look and said. "Son are you sure you are old enough to drink this? I am definately going to have to see some ID." After I handed it to her she looked sorta embarrassed and said "sorry about that, you look really young"

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it depends entirely on genetics and how you project yourself to the world. When I was 16 and up until I turned 21 I was never asked for identification to drink. When I was about 30 was the first and only time I have been asked for ID. I've always taken care of my skin but I still spend time in the sun (but I use SPF now) I think it's all luck and a little attitude on how well we age.
Someone once said a smile is the best face lift in the world and I've never forgotten that.

mcstang

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't think I look 41, but I don't drink or smoke and exercise which helps. Sometimes I see people who are very close in age to me who *do* drink and smoke and can't believe they are that YOUNG! Go check some mug shots on line-now THERE are some people who look bad for their age.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
I don't think I look 41, but I don't drink or smoke and exercise which helps. Sometimes I see people who are very close in age to me who *do* drink and smoke and can't believe they are that YOUNG! Go check some mug shots on line-now THERE are some people who look bad for their age.

Whooa! Let's not talk ill of drinking. Beer is the elixir of youth and beauty. Stay away from the cigarettes, sure but don't deny yourself the pleasure of a good beer -now emphasis on "good".

B_debonair87

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yea it all depends on genetics and how well you take care of yourself as well as lifestyle.

i'm 24 and people say i look younger. i still get carded for cigarettes and cigars which is annoying (i smoke socially). i try to grow out my facial hair to appear older but i kinda have a baby face.

also, i'm black and black don't crack. gonna take a while for me to look mature

CowboyJosh

Sexy Member
Media
I can't buy beer anywhere without getting carded and Im 32, have 7 kids oldest is 16, and even with facial hair, I still get carded. I've been shaving daily since 14-15, but Im in shape, 31-32 waist, no gray hair, full head of hair (no balding what so ever), and no wrinkles or lines on my face. When people inquire about my age, I always ask "hold old do you think I am" and I often get back "24 or 25".

Meanwhile some of my high school buddies are fat, bald, and look like they're 40; some I barely recognize when I see them.

I think it all depends how well you treat yourself, how you eat, if you workout, etc.

danjs584

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I think that the eyes give away a lot about what age you look because people can see wisdom (or lack thereof) in your eyes. People who are wise for their age will look older and people who are sheltered or naive will look younger.

With regard to other physically attributes I think that stress plays a huge part in whether the face looks younger or older.

I think males tend to age more between 20 and 30 because we didn't age as much as teens. After thirty I think women age faster because of more stress, childbirth, lack of facial hair which reduce sagging skin, and eventually menopause.